Spot on analysis of the feeble state of Northern nationalism currently

Started by T Fearon, February 09, 2016, 10:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

"spot on analysis" = someone else's published opinion that agrees with mine
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Íseal agus crua isteach a

It should be very simple, have a vote with all the populace a yes or no would be suffice. This "Northern Ireland" thing gives me ire.

dec

Quote from: T Fearon on February 11, 2016, 04:00:58 PM
I hate the North of Ireland as it is. Two deluded blocs full of bile and hatred for each other (and among each other in a lot of cases) agitating for the elusive pipe dreams "Ulster is British" versus "Ulster is Irish" when the reality is neither the British Government nor Irish Government wants us or understands us.

If I loved things the way they are I would have  continued with my stale way of thinking, but there is a better way, and that is forging a common identity in this small part of the island which is different culturally to the UK and the rest of Ireland.

I want to see the demise of obsolete unionism and nationalism

"Two deluded blocs full of bile and hatred for each other"

An example of this would be the loon who used to post on here continually attacking the Northern Ireland soccer team and it's fans.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Not critical of it,didn't do any harm, though the product is as yet far from impressive.

Applesisapples

Tony is deluded, you cannot unite unionism and nationalism in a common identity it would mean that they cease to exist. Unionism can't even accept equality so you get fleggers and the sectarian decisions of councils in which they have a majority. He can post the thought on here as often as he likes it ain't going to happen. And as Armaghniac has said some of us don't want to be different to the rest of Ireland. Tony's views are intrinsically unionist.

ciaraa

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 12, 2016, 03:02:26 PM
some of us don't want to be different to the rest of Ireland.

some stink of want off some of ye nordies  ;)

Rossfan

Quote from: ciaraa on February 12, 2016, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 12, 2016, 03:02:26 PM
some of us don't want to be different to the rest of Ireland.

some stink of want off some of ye nordies  ;)
What an intelligent first post.
A real addition to Gaaboard ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Apples you can forge a common N Irish identity which overrides the obsolete nationalist and unionist philosophies and relegates them both to insignificance,in a constitutionally agnostic fashion.

What is the alternative? Continue with the sterile status quo deadlock of unionist and nationalist tribalism, with neither side capable of winning yet refusing to compromise,and the political paralysis that inevitably accrues.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: T Fearon on February 12, 2016, 06:27:33 PM
Apples you can forge a common N Irish identity which overrides the obsolete nationalist and unionist philosophies and relegates them both to insignificance,in a constitutionally agnostic fashion.

What is the alternative? Continue with the sterile status quo deadlock of unionist and nationalist tribalism, with neither side capable of winning yet refusing to compromise,and the political paralysis that inevitably accrues.

You're talking about 'Ulster' nationalism - already has it's own fleg and everything.

armaghniac

There is nothing "sterile" about wish Ireland to be  country from from colonialism in which everyone has an equal democratic say regardless of their race, religon or ethnicity.
This was a proper aim 100 years ago and remains so today.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

There is nothing sterile about any wish,what is sterile is the extreme improbability of it happening,not least because neither North or South wants it to happen

dec

Quote from: T Fearon on February 12, 2016, 06:44:12 PM
what is sterile is the extreme improbability of it happening

Are you talking about your deluded ramblings about a common NI identity?