Spot on analysis of the feeble state of Northern nationalism currently

Started by T Fearon, February 09, 2016, 10:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 23, 2016, 10:25:09 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2016, 09:09:15 PM
I am not saying it was perfect,I had to take to my heels once or twice myself,and I well remember the Sunday night in the early 70s when St Patrick's Hall was shot into.But the people I lived among were decent people,and we had no problems in that regard
Perhaps Tony you just knew your place.

Uncle Tone

deiseach

AQMP

Wasn't sure where to put this but NI21's only elected councillor in NI, Johnny McCarthy is joining the SDLP.  Good to see a Unionist seeing the error of their ways and becoming a Nationalist! :P

http://sluggerotoole.com/2016/02/23/former-ni21-deputy-leader-councillor-johnny-mccarthy-joins-sdlp/ 

T Fearon

Good to see such praise for Johnny Mc Carthy nephew of Archbishop of Armagh Eamonn Martin,who certainly wouldn't approve of the SDLP view on same sex marriage

Applesisapples

Quote from: AQMP on February 23, 2016, 04:42:15 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but NI21's only elected councillor in NI, Johnny McCarthy is joining the SDLP.  Good to see a Unionist seeing the error of their ways and becoming a Nationalist! :P

http://sluggerotoole.com/2016/02/23/former-ni21-deputy-leader-councillor-johnny-mccarthy-joins-sdlp/
or is it that he just likes the SDLP's pro union "lets make Northern Ireland work" agenda?

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on February 23, 2016, 07:04:48 PM
Good to see such praise for Johnny Mc Carthy nephew of Archbishop of Armagh Eamonn Martin,who certainly wouldn't approve of the SDLP view on same sex marriage
Tony, you are getting left behind
Are same sex relationships only acceptable while under the care of the church ?

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2016, 02:55:42 PM
Same sex relationships are not or shouldn't be acceptable to Christians of any hue.

Meanwhile I could not have put it better myself

http://www.irishnews.com/opinion/letterstotheeditor/2016/02/24/news/mighty-date-with-destiny-could-be-last-chance-for-sinn-fe-in-428010/?param=ds12rif76F
It's hard to know whether the author is a unionist, dissident or just a right wing bigot (or maybe all 3). Like all contributors to letters pages he is best read with a large pinch of salt. 

T Fearon

Turlough Quinn Portglennone.I would stake every last penny that he's a catholic nationalist.Do you dispute a single word he writes?

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2016, 03:15:29 PM
Turlough Quinn Portglennone.I would stake every last penny that he's a catholic nationalist.Do you dispute a single word he writes?
Yes it is merely his opinion and not fact.

smelmoth

Quote from: smelmoth on February 15, 2016, 10:10:25 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on February 15, 2016, 07:37:59 PM
It's not a ROI passport,  it's an Irish passport. I'm not from the ROI but I am from Ireland.
You can have your passport. I have one too. They are handy

But pro partition types like FG and Labour and many within FF would have it that I'm only half Irish
You are as Irish as you feel. Thats not under any threat.

and should keep out of it when it comes to national issues like electing the president of IRELAND.
Does he claim that he is the president of Conlig or Campsie or Carnlough?
Does the Dail Act that underpins the position claim that he is the president of Conlig or Campsie or Carnlough?
Does he have any constitutional role in NI?
Does he represent the interests of NI?
Does he represent the interests of people in NI when they are odds with the people of RoI?

Then some other walker last night on this board said that my ideas of extending voting rights are just f**king stupid.
And stupid they are.

Well this stupid idea has already been approved by the constitutional convention.
And the power of the constitutional convention is what exactly? Can they approve things on behalf of the electorate and enact them?
When you say "approved" - have they approved extending the vote or have they approved it as a discussion item on the agenda of their next meeting? And when will they next meet? Is there a lot of traction on this issue?
And are they approving something for the nordie irish or are they looking at something for the irish diaspora? (yes - diaspora!)

I say to FG,  The Sunday Independent,  The Uncle Toms and anyone else who would seek to deny me as an Irish citizen,  I'm here,
Nobody doubts it

I'm not going away
I very much doubt it

I'm not going to settle for the be thankful for what you've got line
So what are you going to do?

Why was Feckitt's response deleted? He did respond? Didn't he?

T Fearon

Apples point out even one factually inaccuracy in Turlough's letter as I can't see any

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on February 27, 2016, 03:37:11 PM
Apples point out even one factually inaccuracy in Turlough's letter as I can't see any

"Fianna Fail, 'the real republican party' as they like to call themselves, are leaderless and making no headway in the polls."
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B