Pick your team> Kinahans or Hutches ?

Started by seafoid, February 09, 2016, 12:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Wasn't aware of his background much so interesting reading here. The loveable Rogue. Martin Cahill'esque'?? Plenty of those characters in Belfast as well.

brokencrossbar1

Who plays The Monk in the inevitable based on a true story Netflix film a la Ordinary Decent Criminal?  It's got Colin Farrell written all over it....

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 19, 2023, 09:25:30 AM
Wasn't aware of his background much so interesting reading here. The loveable Rogue. Martin Cahill'esque'?? Plenty of those characters in Belfast as well.

Did the judge say he was more than likely involved in the organisation of the Byrne murder, but that wasn't the charge against him here
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 19, 2023, 09:33:46 AM
Who plays The Monk in the inevitable based on a true story Netflix film a la Ordinary Decent Criminal?  It's got Colin Farrell written all over it....
Gleeson or Farrell yeah.

Armagh18

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 19, 2023, 09:49:16 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 19, 2023, 09:25:30 AM

Did the judge say he was more than likely involved in the organisation of the Byrne murder, but that wasn't the charge against him here
You'd imagine that would be very hard to prove.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/courts/2023/04/21/gerry-hutch-profile-university-of-crime-graduate-a-natural-leader-and-planner/

Gerry Hutch was carrying out armed robberies with machine guns by the time he was 17-years-old. Just a year later, as he was about to become a father, he was able to buy his first home for cash. Hutch taught himself to read – using comics – while serving time in Mountjoy Prison, including one stint in the adult men's jail when aged just 15 years. Hutch described his time in lock-up as a "university of crime".
He had two key talents. He was a natural leader – from the time he was a child – and a meticulous planner. Garda sources, and some retired former members of the force, said it was always clear that Hutch was smarter and more disciplined than his peers in the criminal fraternity.

seafoid

It's the same as in Belfast. The system that existed before the rule of law.

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/courts/2023/04/19/many-locals-in-dublins-north-inner-city-delighted-with-hutch-verdict/
"He is very, very well liked, very good to the old folks. He gave them all a Christmas party every year in the [local community] hall – drink, food, bands everything.

"Everyone was delighted with the verdict. He is a lovely, lovely man. The way it is, he done what he done but it was never out of my pocket. He didn't sell drugs. I say, just leave him now."
Expressing a fear his life may be targeted, she added: "It's just these f**kers now. I hope they don't get their hands on him. A few people have said that there probably will be trouble. It's the younger generation of everybody who is doing it, and it's what they're on that is making them do it. They are on that crack cocaine and murdering people."

A woman with a walking frame and a hearing aid, in her late 60s, on Sean McDermott Street, said the verdict was "good", adding Hutch "looked after everybody". She had been "born and reared with him" and her family lived in a flat above the Hutch family.
Asked what he was like as a child, she said: "He was a bit wild but he settled down after a while. There was something about the family – a very good family. I went to school with his sisters. The father, Patrick, worked on the docks. The mother, Julia, and the father was always there for the whole lot of them. You won't get anyone around here to say anything bad about them.

"Gerard is very polite. No matter where he is or who he's with, if he sees anyone from the inner city he goes over and talks to them. That's why everyone liked him, and Patsy, and Johnny and poor Eddie," she said referring to Hutch's brothers.

PMG1

I know a man who is a warden in Mountjoy, he told me a few months ago that the Kinnehan gang was cornered and on the way out, said there will likely be a serious battle between two and maybe a third gang to fill the vacuum and things were likely to get bloody very soon

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: PMG1 on August 25, 2023, 01:03:45 AM
I know a man who is a warden in Mountjoy, he told me a few months ago that the Kinnehan gang was cornered and on the way out, said there will likely be a serious battle between two and maybe a third gang to fill the vacuum and things were likely to get bloody very soon

Have heard that too.

Currently listening to the Podcast on the feud between the 2 gangs. Very interesting with Hutch very much coming out of it as the 'better' criminal ....

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 25, 2023, 10:03:14 AM

Have heard that too.

Currently listening to the Podcast on the feud between the 2 gangs. Very interesting with Hutch very much coming out of it as the 'better' criminal ....

Sounds like the feud still going on in Newtownards between the loyalist brethren over drug patches.

Saffrongael

Have heard that too.

What's the podcast ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 25, 2023, 10:37:05 AM

Have heard that too.

What's the podcast ?

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-kinahans/id1676062124

Saffrongael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 25, 2023, 12:42:46 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on August 25, 2023, 10:37:05 AM

Have heard that too.

What's the podcast ?

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-kinahans/id1676062124

Cheers