Things the United States do well.

Started by Aristo 60, February 03, 2016, 10:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

deiseach

As the wise sage Frank Drebin said, "no matter how silly the idea of having a queen might be to us, as Americans we must be gracious and considerate hosts." Even Tommy Tiernan would think twice before saying that.

Keyser soze

Brainwashing morons into thinking that the USA is the greatest country in the world at everything, land of the free yadda yadda yadda.

As evidenced by people coming on here proclaiming about their steaks and donuts. Sweet lord.

deiseach

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 04, 2016, 10:56:35 AM
Brainwashing morons into thinking that the USA is the greatest country in the world at everything, land of the free yadda yadda yadda.

As evidenced by people coming on here proclaiming about their steaks and donuts. Sweet lord.

Ah look. There are plenty of places on here where you can denounce the Great Satan. Surely there is a room for some light-hearted observations about things people like about America?

gallsman

Yep, I like Krispy Kreme (which I've only ever bought in the UK) therefore I absolutely f**king love rootin tootin Americana from the likes of Sarah Palin.

Sweet Lord indeed.

Franko

Brainwashing other Non-American morons into thinking that no matter what America does, it's bad/wrong.

As evidenced by people coming on to a thread about what America does well, to berate people for mentioning things.

Keyser soze

Well sorreeeee, but anyone that includes food in a thread about things that America does well deserves the title of moron.

Walter Cronc

Surely some the food in the US is excellent. Health food stores etc? Independent restaurants and so forth.

gallsman

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 04, 2016, 11:30:22 AM
Well sorreeeee, but anyone that includes food in a thread about things that America does well deserves the title of moron.

You don't like donuts. So f**k. I do, get over it.

Declan

Sit Coms
Netflix
Outlets
Marketing their sports teams as world champions!!
Vegas - love it or loath it there's nothing like it anywhere else
1st amendment

Keyser soze

seafoid

thewobbler

I love many thinks about America.

But the thing they do better than anyone else is roads.

Big, wide, direct roads, through mountains and over lakes.

AZOffaly

I find those roads disconcerting. I used to drive a bit between Phoenix and San Diego, Phoenix LA, Phoenix Vegas etc etc, and the long straight highways and interstates were a bitch for white line blindness or whatever you call it. It was hypnotic.

Beffs

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 04, 2016, 11:30:22 AM

I take it you've never had some authentic, down home Southern BBQ then? Or some real Mexican food in one of the thousands of LA eateries who do it brilliantly. Or Cuban food in Little Havana? Or proper Italian food in Little Italy? Or lobster rolls in Maine, or crab cakes in Maryland? If you did, you'd be slavishly singing their praises, like everyone else.

BBQ to an Irish person, is a cremated hamburger from Tesco and a jumbo sausage that has to stay on the grill for 12 hrs to make sure its cooked all the way through. Anyone who thinks that that is decent grub, is the true moron. ::)