The Official 2016 Irish General Election thread

Started by deiseach, February 03, 2016, 11:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronandblue

The love in with Vincent and Michelle was fairly obvious on the Monday night. Nice to see that love in between the two of them continueing on Wednesday with a spot of lunch in the Posthouse in Ballina. A personal interview I'd say😁

Declan

Decent smattering of voters waiting at my polling station at 7am this morning- Vote early and often folks

I voted for change and stability ;)

Farrandeelin

Murray went before in 07. Either the gender quota or 'blondes' on posters swayed them for Conway-Walsh.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Job done. Quiet in Newport so far anyway. Probably waiting to see if Alan Kelly will announce 50 new jobs in a pig farm in Borrisoleigh.

Declan

QuoteProbably waiting to see if Alan Kelly will announce 50 new jobs in a pig farm in Borrisoleigh.

A bit like this - sums up our clientelism approach to national legislature - Kildysart GAA endorsing a candidate
https://twitter.com/andreakirwan/status/703149686073352192

Carmen Stateside

Good luck today all ye great folk of the Irish republic.  I hope that horrible bastard kenny gets the road one way or another.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on February 26, 2016, 10:11:45 AM
QuoteProbably waiting to see if Alan Kelly will announce 50 new jobs in a pig farm in Borrisoleigh.

A bit like this - sums up our clientelism approach to national legislature - Kildysart GAA endorsing a candidate
https://twitter.com/andreakirwan/status/703149686073352192

Will that not get them in serious trouble with Croker?  Was there not a specific instruction from Croker at the start of the election campaign 'warning' clubs not to do exactly 'this sort of thing'? 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2016, 07:21:12 AM
Sf plus FG plus Shane Ross and co would work
You're banging the FG/SF drum for a while Seaf.
It might in 2021 but SF haven't moved far enough to the Centre yet.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Declan

QuoteWill that not get them in serious trouble with Croker?  Was there not a specific instruction from Croker at the start of the election campaign 'warning' clubs not to do exactly 'this sort of thing'? 

You'd imagine so but what's serious trouble?? Maybe they took the attitude to seek forgiveness rather than permission ;)

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2016, 10:33:32 AM
You're banging the FG/SF drum for a while Seaf.
It might in 2021 but SF haven't moved far enough to the Centre yet.
Eamon OCuiv suggested it. I think SF are  ultra  pragmatic.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on February 26, 2016, 10:34:53 AM
QuoteWill that not get them in serious trouble with Croker?  Was there not a specific instruction from Croker at the start of the election campaign 'warning' clubs not to do exactly 'this sort of thing'? 

You'd imagine so but what's serious trouble?? Maybe they took the attitude to seek forgiveness rather than permission ;)

That didn't really work for Dromard, did it? 

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 26, 2016, 10:40:34 AM

There was a clear directive on that. But even so, I've seen a video of Michael Duignan posing in O'Connor Park, with the Uibh Fhailí in the background, supporting Barry Cowan; Eamonn Kelly, the Offaly hurling manager with a video supporting Joe Hannigan; Paudie Maher in his Tipp tracksuit throwing hurls in a car, and promoting Jackie Cahill.

armaghniac

I think you mean, SF plus FG plus Shane Ross and co would work have the numbers.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2016, 11:21:28 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on February 26, 2016, 10:40:34 AM

There was a clear directive on that. But even so, I've seen a video of Michael Duignan posing in O'Connor Park, with the Uibh Fhailí in the background, supporting Barry Cowan; Eamonn Kelly, the Offaly hurling manager with a video supporting Joe Hannigan; Paudie Maher in his Tipp tracksuit throwing hurls in a car, and promoting Jackie Cahill.

Yeah, they're GAA 'personalities' so the rules don't apply to them - only to small insignificant clubs.  I'd say there'll be wigs on the green about 'little' clubs ignoring the directive.