Mayo v Dublin NFL Div 1 2016

Started by Farrandeelin, February 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Hope the newer players can step up and be competitive. Hard to see anything other than a Dublin win in this one. Just missing too many key men in my opinion
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Ahh I know we are up against because of all the players missing, late managerial appointment etc etc . We are obviously a few weeks behind but you never know on the night , try and keep it as tight as we can at the back , clog it up , leave aido on the square with Regan playing off the breaking ball and see what happens.

Big game, 15 k expected , fekin hell I'll miss these nights if this is the end of an era like a lot are saying .

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/27173-big-windfall-expected-for-dublin-game?utm_content=buffere1c93&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

The result here is dependent on how much Dublin want to win by.  In other words, will they take the foot off the pedal at some stage.  Can't see any other result. Not to worry. As the commentators on Radio Kerry said on Saturday night - it's only january. (Except its February now!)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on February 02, 2016, 08:41:05 PM
Ahh I know we are up against because of all the players missing, late managerial appointment etc etc . We are obviously a few weeks behind but you never know on the night , try and keep it as tight as we can at the back , clog it up , leave aido on the square with Regan playing off the breaking ball and see what happens.

Big game, 15 k expected , fekin hell I'll miss these nights if this is the end of an era like a lot are saying .

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/27173-big-windfall-expected-for-dublin-game?utm_content=buffere1c93&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It's great isn't it. I won't make the game because I have 'ahem' entertaining to do. Raging I'll miss it. As you said anything can happen on the night, but I just feel we're missing too many players to get the win. Especially when you look at Dublin's bench as well.

Nihilist

One of the big things needed from Mayos perspective is leadership on the field. That was badly lacking in Cork. For instance everyone is giving out about Regan missing that free from circa 40 yards out in the first half. But no one mentions that he had to take it out of his hands into a very strong breeze lowering the % accuracy rate significantly. Why didn't someone (one of the more seasoned players) signal for Hennelly to come up and attempt those long range kicks into the wind especially as he can have more accuracy off the ground with a lower trajectory.

Unfortunately we didn't have that leadership in the forwards last week especially after KMac went off. Everyone left was virtually a newbie (including DO'Connor) or somewhat more a fringe player e.g. Doherty or just back in the fold e.g. Gibbons. Aidan O'Shea will have to take up that mantle of directing what is going on.

Hopefully he has the wherewithal to make the correct calls at the right times. 

Mayo Club 51

Any bus's travelling down Saturday and returning Sat night from Dublin? A few people have been in touch with us, any info we'll pass it on thanks.

moysider

Hard to be optimistic about this one under the circumstances. This is certainly a baptism of fire for the new management but it's early days and the reality is this squad will struggle until a few return and everybody gets up to speed.

No need for panic. Not the first time we were horsed by Cork in the league and it wasn't the end of the world. I remember a much worse scutching/humiliation by a 14 man Donegal in 2012 and we turned out the better of it. Nobody would have thought we'd make an AI final that day.

Anyway let's see how Cork get on above in Donegal this weekend.

Cunny Funt

Only a few weeks ago a fairly strong Dublin line up were beaten by Longford. They looked good against Kerry on Saturday night however Kerry weren't long back from their holidays.

Mayo players need to respond after that terrible display in Cork and I think the game in Castlebar on Saturday night will be a competitive one.

Farrandeelin

Jesus, are we THAT pessimistic we don't even want to talk about it?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2016, 03:33:13 PM

Yes we are.
Dubs by 10 plus.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2016, 03:33:13 PM

The hammering Dublin gave Mayo last year in Castlebar, probaly fresh in the memory.

fearsiuil

Paddy P odds
19:00Mayo v Dublin  7/2  10/1  2/7

Says it all.

larryin89

Are kids free into league games , I thought there was a five euro admission fee this year. Used spare season tickets last week so I didn't notice .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Mayo by four......teen  :D

Any word on teams?

Cunny Funt

Hennelly, Harrison, Cafferkey, Crowe, Vaughan, Boyle, Nally, Parsons, Gibbons, COS, AOS, DOC, Regan, Doherty, Sweeney. 8 that started the All Ireland semi final by my count.