Armagh vs Laois

Started by smelmoth, February 02, 2016, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Laois played some nice football in horrible conditions should have won by more ...

We're missing their 3 first choice midfielders and then lost the next best after 15 minutes but still managed to win
LAOIS ABÚ

tyroneman

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 07:38:56 PM
Armagh aren't winning much at underage as far as I know.

At county level no. At club level yes.

Throw ball

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 08, 2016, 11:29:47 PM
Laois played some nice football in horrible conditions should have won by more ...

We're missing their 3 first choice midfielders and then lost the next best after 15 minutes but still managed to win

Armagh do not have much of a midfield so that hardly matters. I disagree completely that Laois should have won by more. Armagh missed frees, hit the woodwork 3 times and Laois scored a debatable penalty. It was a hell of a 45 that eventually won the match though.

illdecide

So thats how you won...sneaked an extra midfielder on...bastids
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

Agreed.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on February 09, 2016, 11:43:51 AM

Agreed.

You would.

Applesisapples

Disappointing result for Armagh, not enough quality on the pitch.

T Fearon

What does McGeeney mean,consoling himself with the fact that the entire panel wants to play for Armagh? I want to play for Armagh but doubt if I'd improve the squad.Is the inference that some players don't want to play for Armagh,if not why not?

imtommygunn

You started the Jamie Clarke thread man...

knockitdown

Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2016, 10:37:00 PM
Crossmaglen's obsession (the novelty should have worn off after the third title in 2000) with the All Ireland club championship has held the County team back for the last twenty years.It is no coincidence that Sam was won and the peak years,2002 to 2006 for the County team did not clash with Crossmaglen's appearance in the All Ireland club finals.No coincidence either that during that period a Crossmaglen man was in charge of the County team.

I really dont get this. Do you actually think that Crossmaglen should go out and throw games for the good of Armagh football? :o

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2016, 08:53:52 PM
What does McGeeney mean,consoling himself with the fact that the entire panel wants to play for Armagh? I want to play for Armagh but doubt if I'd improve the squad.Is the inference that some players don't want to play for Armagh,if not why not?
It's a bit like the liberal democrats consoling themselves that their remaining tiny membership all want to vote lib dem. It's evidence of a man losing grip on reality

T Fearon

Knockitdown, In the modern era I think county players should prioritise the county team.Thats what happens in every other county.With Crossmaglen it appears to be the other way round (except of course when a Crossmaglen man is manager of the County team).

Let's face it,the preference should be to win the Sam Maguire medal instead of the club title,for any player.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2016, 09:41:27 PM
Knockitdown, In the modern era I think county players should prioritise the county team.Thats what happens in every other county.With Crossmaglen it appears to be the other way round (except of course when a Crossmaglen man is manager of the County team).

Let's face it,the preference should be to win the Sam Maguire medal instead of the club title,for any player.

You're some laugh? Not a mission that there will be a Sam Maguire in the foreseeable future in Armagh, no matter how many of the current available players are playing. We are 2 hours away from an AI possibly, Armagh are not.

T Fearon

That's exactly the sort of perverse attitude I'm referring to.County players should always prioritise the county squad,just like Oisin,Francie and the Mc Entees did when Joe was Armagh manager

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2016, 10:22:33 PM
That's exactly the sort of perverse attitude I'm referring to.County players should always prioritise the county squad,just like Oisin,Francie and the Mc Entees did when Joe was Armagh manager

Perverse attitude?  Away and catch yourself on,  Oisin and the Mcs did it when the Brians were over it,  Cross men have always stood up and have been counted when it really mattered,  it's time for the rest of the players in the county to put their hands up too.  When we are going for AIs we give everything to the club,  when our men play for Armagh they give everything for the county.