Kerry v Roscommon NFL D1 - 7/2/16 [Live 2pm TG4]

Started by Syferus, February 01, 2016, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Yes, Sean Purcell will need to work on his headlock technique  8)

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on February 08, 2016, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 08, 2016, 03:18:18 PM
Deserved win for Ros yesterday. Very impressed with their attitude, physicality and toughness. In Enda Smith, Cathal Cregg and Niall Daly they had the 3 best players on the field in my view. Some of Cregg's scores were marvellous in those conditions. Cian Connolly and Murtagh got great scores also.
Conditions were unbelievably bad and TV can never convey this fully. There was a bit of niggle in the game and it was obvious Ros saw this as "laying down a marker time", but I've no problem with most of their approach. Too often league games are like challenge games in their intensity, but they will have gained and learned a lot from that game due to its intensity.
I DO have an issue with at least 1 instance of "simulation" by Neil Collins, where after receiving minimal contact from Darran Sullivan he threw himself down quite theatrically. It was right in front of the stand and clear as day. Most of the rest of the "handbags" stuff occured on the far side so didn't see it clearly yet. Donnacha Walsh was lucky to not get red when he raised his hand at Fintan Cregg (who had given him a clip round the ear). Barry John Keane should have got a black card for a high tackle. Stephen O'Brien took 10 steps for his goal and got away with it somehow. The ref was awful really and I hate blaming refs for anything as it's often a cop out. Standard of refereeing is poor right now though and Fergal Kelly certainly didn't impress me yesterday.

Anyway, better team won, early days yet but Kerry have a lot of work to do.

Do you have a problem with young Darran going down like he was shot when Cregg barely touched him for the black card 'offence' too? That also happened in front of you at the stand side and was the biggest attempt at a job in my eyes yesterday. Purcell tried to put a dangerous headlock on a Kerry player near the end of the match. He had the right idea of slowing down the play by any means necessary but his execution left a lot to be desired. That would be the only thing I saw that I'd have any real problem with from us.

Problem wasn't just the standard of refereeing, it was how all the big calls went Kerry's way. It was frankly ridiculous to watch. Even at his best Marty Duffy would struggle to be that one-sided.

Not one word of condemnation on the indiscretions of your own players? Very surprised at your virtuous hand wringing last year about the actions of Tyrone. Has the cat ran off with your tongue?

Rudi

Quote from: Shrewdness on February 08, 2016, 04:09:35 PM
Fair play Ciarrai, excellent, fair and balanced post from you.

Plus 1 - classy post.

From the Bunker

Lads beware of those Kerry Lads telling you what you want to hear. That love that plamas sh1te.

Shrewdness

Bunker, if they told us that stuff before a match, we`d be wary.

But when we hear it after we`ve beaten them, they can tell us whatever they want.

Farrandeelin

Destro, what angle are you taking? Pro-Kerry, anti-Roscommon, or beem.a dick?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2016, 07:32:39 PM
Lads beware of those Kerry Lads telling you what you want to hear. That love that plamas sh1te.

Way ahead of ya. First you get congratulated when you win a few matches and if you get good enough to be a threat things turn a bit nastier. Not a Kerry thing, just a general thing.

Kerry won't be losing any sleep about losing to Roscommon in Feburary. If it were to happen in August then the gears start turning..

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 08, 2016, 08:03:47 PM

I'm taking the angle that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

ballinaman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 08, 2016, 08:12:48 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 08, 2016, 08:03:47 PM

I'm taking the angle that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
How about nobody throw stones irrespective of the type of dwelling...dangerous.

redzone

Serious question, who were connughat minor champs 3 yrs ago and who would be favs this year for u21 down there.

Syferus

Quote from: redzone on February 08, 2016, 09:39:21 PM
Serious question, who were connughat minor champs 3 yrs ago and who would be favs this year for u21 down there.

Ye lost to them in the AI final that year. Mayo.

redzone

Is right, forgot about that final. Yous will prob come out of connughat I'd say then.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM