Kerry v Roscommon NFL D1 - 7/2/16 [Live 2pm TG4]

Started by Syferus, February 01, 2016, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringfort

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 07, 2016, 10:42:51 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 07, 2016, 10:35:52 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 07, 2016, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 07, 2016, 09:48:47 PM
Still believe nobody mentioned the two blatant red cards for Kerry players.

They were red cards by definition but what did you make of the reaction of the Roscommon players to each of these incidents?

Donnacha Walsh pushed one of the Roscommon players to the ground with a mild open hand to the chin, he flopped to the ground clutching his face and needing a minute's attention from the physio. Likewise with the no.23 who took a tap to the chin after the Kerry lad grabbed his jersey. They exaggerated the incidents in the hope the referee might send off the Kerry players, they got involved in plenty of niggly incidents near the end of the game to instigate melees and kill the clock, they committed cynical foul after cynical foul to close the game out. I don't neccessarily have a problem with that, if teams are in anyway serious about being at the top they need to have that edge to them and it's up to the referees to stamp it out, dish out the appropriate punishment and add on the appropriate time. It's the complete double standards when commenting on this that is sickening.

You could only imagine the uproar if that was Tyrone players who flung themselves to the ground. There was plenty of hand wringing from the Roscommon lads on here when they were beaten by Tyrone in the U21 last year, they now choose to ignore or make any comment on the actions of their own players. Hysterical rants about lads being assaulted, goaded, choked, wrestled without provocation but no comment today.
look up the rule book
a strike to the face is a strike to the face, as is an attempted strike.

4 steps is 4 steps, except when its a Kerryman it seems

What are you talking about?

I said they were red cards by definition. I'm asking you what you thought about the reactions of the Roscommon players.

I didn't like seeing us resort to the tactic of killing the clock by starting melees. I doubt any Ros football  man would like it. It appears to be a facet of the game now amongst the top tier sides and as such I was delighted we learned from the monaghan game last week where they did the exact same thing.  So in short, not happy to see it but if it's part of the game now I'm happy we are learning and not being naive. Ros people were a bit disappointed with the u21 Tyrone game as it was underage and you hope that sort of cynicism will not be present at that grade. But the suspicion is that in Tyrone it's the norm and is encouraged.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Ringfort on February 07, 2016, 11:01:09 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 07, 2016, 10:42:51 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 07, 2016, 10:35:52 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 07, 2016, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 07, 2016, 09:48:47 PM
Still believe nobody mentioned the two blatant red cards for Kerry players.

They were red cards by definition but what did you make of the reaction of the Roscommon players to each of these incidents?

Donnacha Walsh pushed one of the Roscommon players to the ground with a mild open hand to the chin, he flopped to the ground clutching his face and needing a minute's attention from the physio. Likewise with the no.23 who took a tap to the chin after the Kerry lad grabbed his jersey. They exaggerated the incidents in the hope the referee might send off the Kerry players, they got involved in plenty of niggly incidents near the end of the game to instigate melees and kill the clock, they committed cynical foul after cynical foul to close the game out. I don't neccessarily have a problem with that, if teams are in anyway serious about being at the top they need to have that edge to them and it's up to the referees to stamp it out, dish out the appropriate punishment and add on the appropriate time. It's the complete double standards when commenting on this that is sickening.

You could only imagine the uproar if that was Tyrone players who flung themselves to the ground. There was plenty of hand wringing from the Roscommon lads on here when they were beaten by Tyrone in the U21 last year, they now choose to ignore or make any comment on the actions of their own players. Hysterical rants about lads being assaulted, goaded, choked, wrestled without provocation but no comment today.
look up the rule book
a strike to the face is a strike to the face, as is an attempted strike.

4 steps is 4 steps, except when its a Kerryman it seems

What are you talking about?

I said they were red cards by definition. I'm asking you what you thought about the reactions of the Roscommon players.

I didn't like seeing us resort to the tactic of killing the clock by starting melees. I doubt any Ros football  man would like it. It appears to be a facet of the game now amongst the top tier sides and as such I was delighted we learned from the monaghan game last week where they did the exact same thing.  So in short, not happy to see it but if it's part of the game now I'm happy we are learning and not being naive. Ros people were a bit disappointed with the u21 Tyrone game as it was underage and you hope that sort of cynicism will not be present at that grade. But the suspicion is that in Tyrone it's the norm and is encouraged.

And that suspicion is wrong and continually pedalled when it comes to Tyrone. If Tyrone were involved in the antics in that Kerry and Roscommon match today, it would be highlighted and the hysteria and hand wringing would be coming from all quarters. What happened today will not be commented on in the media, of that I'm sure. I'm not buying that underage crap as well, the lad who was "assualted" against Tyrone in the u21 game last year was right in the middle of it today. Players who play at u21 level are all adults as well.

That sort of cynicism will be at pretty much every grade and people will do what it takes to win. The problem is not really the tactics that teams employ to do that, the problem is with which teams employ those tactics. If a team from the North is successful with those tactics, they will come under the media storm, if it's a Southern team that is the team which uses it then the broom comes out and it's swept snugly under the rug.

giveballaghback

Answer is simple ill desperate dan or whatever you are, Tyrone are thugs, always were thugs and more than likely always will be thugs,

Syferus

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 07, 2016, 11:15:09 PM
Answer is simple ill desperate dan or whatever you are, Tyrone are thugs, always were thugs and more than likely always will be thugs,

Listen to Main Street.  Don't feed this.

Il Bomber Destro

And are significantly better at football than Roscommon are.

We'll have ye whichever way ye want and get the better of you. Then you can resort to the standard hysterical Screaming Mary in your haze of hypocrisy.

Shrewdness

There`ll be some buzz at training the next night. Putting together good depth to our panel now.
Apart from those who played today, there`s the likes of Niall Carty, Kevin Higgins, David Keenan, Donie Shine, Ultan Harney, Donie Smith, Senan Kilbride and Diarmuid Murtagh to come back.

It`s the experience of the likes of these Division 1 games that will be the makings of the younger Rossies on the panel.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2016, 11:17:21 PM

Listen to Main Street.  Don't feed this.

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2015, 07:11:52 PM
Oh, do not open that can of worms.

McNulty essentially assaulted Ronan Daly for over a minute, choking, pushing, pulling, wrestling him to the ground nevermind a few jabs. This happened near the end when Tyrone had the match as good as won and he was clearly taunting Daly too. All he wanted was for the ref to see it and spend an age trying to figure out what happened. It went on so long other Roscommon players had to go over to Daly to get the joker off him and he still didn't stop until the referee finally noticed what had become a five or six person melee. Genuinely one of the most pointlessly prolonged dirty acts I've seen on a football field.

You won fair and square, why engage in that shite?

You can continue to run away and pretend to take the high ground.

I can continue to post up your dubious moral high ground.

People can make what they want of that but I'll not be letting this one go under the radar.

giveballaghback

Ye cant play us desperate dan, ye are in a lower division

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 07, 2016, 11:26:44 PM

You're right, you never make it past July so we wouldn't have much chance of playing us. It's probably for the best though, you don't have to spend your mornings blubbering over your porridge about what those big bad Tyrone boys did to you.

giveballaghback

Go to bed and have a wee bit of cop on, things might look better tomorrow.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 07, 2016, 11:28:47 PM

You're right, you never make it past July so we wouldn't have much chance of playing us. It's probably for the best though, you don't have to spend your mornings blubbering over your porridge about what those big bad Tyrone boys did to you.
Congrats on having ONE more Senior All Ireland than Roscommon

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 07, 2016, 11:40:02 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 07, 2016, 11:28:47 PM

Congrats on having ONE more Senior All Ireland than Roscommon

Congrats on not being alive the last time Roscommon won an All Ireland.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 07, 2016, 11:39:46 PM
Go to bed and have a wee bit of cop on, things might look better tomorrow.

Cop on?

Good one. Don't like it when the tables are turned, do you?

omagh_gael

The Rossie meltdown reached daily mail levels that day and the ante was upped by Tipp. All pats on the back in here today, interesting.

Shrewdness

How has this thread descended into a row with the Tyrone posters?