Kerry v Roscommon NFL D1 - 7/2/16 [Live 2pm TG4]

Started by Syferus, February 01, 2016, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Quote from: Mclf on February 01, 2016, 03:48:11 PM
Kerry with half a team to maul the Rossies,  it's laughable to think that the Rossies are so deluded they think they can compete with top teams.

Arrogant vibes there sir. I'm no Rossie fan but watch them test Kerry this weekend. Rossies to win by 2

Shrewdness

In reality, it`s hard to see Ros avoiding defeat in this game. I know that Kerry are missing some key players, but they`llstill have a formidable team on duty. Is there any prospect of any of our injured players returning, e.g Cathal Shine, Conor Daly or Diarmuid Murtagh?...Will Ultan Harney be fit to start?.Big improvement on the scoreboard required from Cathal Cregg and SenanKilbride this wweekend.....I wonder will John Evans be at the match?

Syferus

But if we do.. it's not beyond these lads. We gave Monaghan no quarter and I just hope we don't stand off Kerry just because they're Kerry. Our lads have plenty of history playing against and with those Kerry players at underage and Sigerson but teams can freeze against big teams because of little more than their reputations. Our management team will be well aware of needing to treat Kerry with the same attitude we did Monaghan but in the end it's about players that have the confidence to believe they can hang at this level.

I look at lads like Seanie and Killer who have given great service to Roscommon but are only meeting Kerry for the first time competitively this weekend. Wouldn't it be something if we could get them a win? They've had enough moral victories to fill a book.

Rossfan

We're roaring outsiders in this one and being realistic it's unlikely we'll get any points here.
No doubt the lads will go out and compete like fcukrs and see where it takes us.
Wins, League points, staying up would be nice but once we are competitive and lads show they're not out of their depth it will still be a decent League for us.
Will leave us better prepared for the Championship which is the main thing anyway.
I presume we'll have Healy-Rae and all the politicos polluting the purity of a great occasion. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Syferus and Rossfan, ye both summed it up well there. It`s vital that we`re competitive against Kerry, and give them something to think about.

Main Street

In the league there is no such thing as roaring outsiders when it comes to honest endeavour.
Kerry can be beaten in Killarney in the league.
No matter how good a county is,  if their team is currently dysfunctional, they will always struggle against a well organised  and motivated  team. The problem for Ros might be that Kerry have heard their wake up call and have a response.

Shrewdness

The main problem for Ros is that we`re playing without about six of our best players thru injury. That`s a big loss to the likes of Roscommon playing in Division 1.

Main Street

Fair enough then,
but you're still okay even without your best.

Rossfan

Any word of a team at all/
There arent''t even "nod wink" rumours doing the rounds.....

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 05, 2016, 01:20:15 PM

McFOD are keeping word tight by the looks of it. I assume most of the team baring injury concerns www picked last night.

weareros

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on February 05, 2016, 02:48:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 05, 2016, 01:36:44 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 05, 2016, 01:20:15 PM

McFOD

Ah Jaysus.

McStay and O'Donnell takes an awful long time to type.

Rossfan

Syferus

Crete Boom

If the Rossies box clever to cover their midfield injuries/fitness problems I think they will sneak a win. They certainly have the scoring power for an upset just can they own the ball enough to feed their forwards??