Kerry v Dubs 30/01/16

Started by The Hill is Blue, January 29, 2016, 09:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Beffs on February 02, 2016, 12:48:33 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on February 01, 2016, 01:17:47 PM
It really is scary to think about dublin and their potential to dominate , im not sure you can even describe it as potential anymore its nearer a reality.

I'd say there's a bunch of lads up in Donegal, pissing themselves laughing at that.  ::)

They can join up with Armagh for the one in a row celebrations in future

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on February 02, 2016, 08:41:48 AM
It really is scary to think about dublin and their potential to dominate , im not sure you can even describe it as potential anymore its nearer a reality.

I'd say there's a bunch of lads up in Donegal, pissing themselves laughing at that.  ::)

Dubs backing themselves for back to backs in February?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 03, 2016, 10:41:27 AM
Quote from: heffo on February 02, 2016, 08:41:48 AM

Dubs backing themselves for back to backs in February?

I've been very clear & consistent that this is Mayo's year - Dubs are in their hangover year.

Just pointing out that Donegal with their single AI are in no position to be laughing at any team with three.

larryin89

Why ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Beffs

Quote from: larryin89 on February 03, 2016, 02:09:13 PM

Why ?

Because the last time people were going on about Dublin's dominance being a reality, Donegal knocked them on their arses in Croke Park.

larryin89

Ahh yes of course they did , in the only fluke I can remember from this era (Dublin, Kerry,Donegal and ourselves) apart from Limerick of course that's o Reillys game forever. 3/5 all Ireland's with the possibility of fatigue in 12 being a factor v Mayo and like I said a pure fluke result in 14 has stopped them doing 5 in a row. They will not be stopped this year unless we get a full panel fit and Rochford is a tactical genius , we'd still need a minor miracle with all that. Just don't vision a challenge coming from anywhere else, they have manners put on Kerry , Cork we will have to wait and see , Tyrone might be nearer than us if they keep the upward curve going , Donegal not a prayer. Top sides are limited in quantity , people might say the likes of Roscommon are going to make a breakthrough, I have serious doubts about the whole buzz surrounding Ross .

For people to persist with not admitting this Dublin team is perhaps the greatest of all time never mind a good team is simply denial . Kerry could of been beaten by a cricket score if dubs realised how big the gulf in class actually was last year , they just gave them a tad too much respect.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

2014 wasn't a fluke for Donegal but it was a game where everything went right for them and Dublin's decision making was below par.
Dublin however have learned from that and the chances of another team being able to emulate Donegal's performance that day is a lot slimmer.

Farrandeelin

Is it only me who thinks that when Jim Gavin steps down from the managers spot that Dublin may struggle again?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Beffs

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 03, 2016, 10:27:49 PM
Is it only me who thinks that when Jim Gavin steps down from the managers spot that Dublin may struggle again?

Agreed. His supposed successor, (Dessie Farrell) is not held in the same regard, as Gavin was when he was waiting in the wings to take over from Pat Gilroy.

larryin89

I don't think so but I'm one of the few who don't see mangers influence as a big a factor as most do . Tonight on that setanta programme it highlighted movement on Dublin team , it showed how they changed up and organised it themselves through good clear communication and understanding . Again though I'm one of the minority who think football intelligence can only be coached to a certain level , the extra is a natural football brain .

JoG2

Quote from: Beffs on February 03, 2016, 10:45:30 PM

Agreed. His supposed successor, (Dessie Farrell) is not held in the same regard, as Gavin was when he was waiting in the wings to take over from Pat Gilroy.

And give up the CEO roll @ the GPA?   Can't see that happening for a good while