NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 05, 2017, 11:55:10 AM
Cavan and Roscommon look doomed already. If Tyrone can beat Cavan next week we are in a strong position with three games to go. Incidentally our last three fixtures are:

Donegal away
Mayo at home
Kerry away

If we can beat Cavan and get three points from those last three fixtures we're bound to be in with a big shout for league final.
With the current perilous state of finances in Tyrone, all those McKenna cups must be melted for the silver by now and that would leave space in the cabinet for the league trophy to fit in with dignity.

I'd say the second spot would depend on the outcome of the Donegal v Tyrone game.
Even J70 must be hopping up  and down with optimistic anticipation at this stage.

maigheo

The Ref getting a fair bit of stick from Willie and co. on Shannonside today.His co commentator calling for an investigation in to the refs display :)

maigheo

Ros down by 1 point to Kerry with 2 min. to go.Willie may have a heart attack

Main Street

Beffs

Was it a dirty game? On the wireless, it sounded like there were a lot of shemozzles. And that was just between McStay and the officials.  :o

maigheo

When you hear David O Connor the co. commentator saying that a pull on the jersey is a black card then you have to take the rest of what he says with a grain of salt

maigheo

I see Mcstay is firing back at Gay Sherrans comments during the week and rightfully so.Sherrans comments were extremely ignorant and clueless and if fellows like him have any say in the running of GAa affairs in Ros then they are truly fooked.

fearbrags

"""When you hear David O Connor the co. commentator saying that a pull on the jersey is a black card then you have to take the rest of what he says with a grain of salt""

Would it not depend on the ""Pull""    Wouldn't one have to be there to witness it ? I Wasn't ;) were you ?  , I listened to a lot of the commentary    but not all .  He seemed to agree with the "" Red  Card""  for the Ros player , He indicated that Ros should not have got the penalty as the foul  was out side the square  , He indicated that the Ref  was poor for both sides , For a guy commenting on his own side I thought he was  not  too bad over  all  ;)

The Black Mamba

Quote from: maigheo on March 05, 2017, 04:59:48 PM
I see Mcstay is firing back at Gay Sherrans comments during the week and rightfully so.Sherrans comments were extremely ignorant and clueless and if fellows like him have any say in the running of GAa affairs in Ros then they are truly fooked.

Sheerin's comments were out of line, good, measured response from McStay. The Mayo game aside, we haven't done too badly performance wise, today was a marked improvement. We've discarded previous management setups who had done well in the league but fell short come championship. Now, some are ready to call for a manager's head if we don't target the league.  ::) Give him time, let him build his team and assess after 2-3 seasons. Getting rid of managers just brings us back to square one all over again.

Itchy

Quote from: maigheo on March 05, 2017, 04:59:48 PM

I thought the same but there seems to be a right few eejits running around Roscommon. Bringing a guys county of birth into the discussion says more about Sheerin than anything else.

Rossfan

Gay was a selector with Evans so any criticisms of the present dream team will be tinged with allegations of sour grapes.
We were reasonably competitive today in what was a very Leaguey type of nice game.
Our defence was crazy as usual, midfield not too bad, no game plan of attack just Smiths or Murtaghs trying individual things.
Good to see Diarmuid back, at least he made the Kerry defence earn their expenses today.
Ref was very poor, seems to be Derry's answer to the Duffy's.
We'll need six points from our last 3 games to stay up.
Handy oul assignment. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Next up for the Rossies is a trip to Inniskeen.
Getting there will certainly tax the limits of the bus's geo tracker.
If you hit Hackballscross, that means you've gone too far and there's no turning back.

Jinxy

Turn left at Billy Brennan's barn.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on March 05, 2017, 11:36:49 PM
Turn left at Billy Brennan's barn.

Rossie's should stay there for the dance maybe.

Main Street

Stay well away from anybody stripped to the waist carrying a pitchfork.
Could be the marauding ghost of McCabe.