NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

We're down unless we suddenly improve beyond all recognition.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mcslaggart

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2017, 04:02:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 26, 2017, 03:57:27 PM
Impressive from Donegal given the big changeover since last year.

Young McGee had a great game and thought Gallagher was good in defence.

As was Murphy good in defence along with the other 14 players!! Football is dreadful

On TV it looked like Dublin had a lot of players in defence? 

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 26, 2017, 05:25:21 PM

Two more points should keep Donegal up as Roscommon or Cavan are unlikely to get 6 points. Kerry having their normal league not overly bothered so long as they stay up.

I think Mayo will beat Dublin next weekend and go on to play Tyrone in the NFL final.

Don't be losing the run of yourself. So far Mayo have been beaten by a solid Monaghan team, beaten a Kerry team who don't know what they want and and beating a Rossie team on the slide.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mcslaggart on February 26, 2017, 06:05:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2017, 04:02:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 26, 2017, 03:57:27 PM
Impressive from Donegal given the big changeover since last year.

Young McGee had a great game and thought Gallagher was good in defence.

As was Murphy good in defence along with the other 14 players!! Football is dreadful

On TV it looked like Dublin had a lot of players in defence?
Ever since Donegal beat Dublin in championship 2014. Jim Gavin has used 14 men back when not in possession. They won back to back All Irelands playing that way and won't change their tactics now.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 26, 2017, 06:14:15 PM

Two more points should keep Donegal up as Roscommon or Cavan are unlikely to get 6 points. Kerry having their normal league not overly bothered so long as they stay up.

I think Mayo will beat Dublin next weekend and go on to play Tyrone in the NFL final.

Don't be losing the run of yourself. So far Mayo have been beaten by a solid Monaghan team, beaten a Kerry team who don't know what they want and and beating a Rossie team on the slide.

I don't ever lose the run of myself. Before this league campaign Kerry,Dublin,Tyrone and Mayo were the four live contenders for this league title. Dublin have plenty of recent titles and won't be too bothered if they don't reach this final. In their last two games they could easily have lost both and I fancy Mayo to end their unbeaten run. Kerry are just looking to stay up now while Tyrone I believe will aim for a final appearance at least.

Keith Higgins remarked months ago on the NFL on how he would like to win a national title before he retires he turned 32 yesterday and he and a few others aren't getting any younger. I also feel Rochford will know finally wining a national after a long wait and beating Dublin on route will be a big boost before the championship.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 26, 2017, 07:45:39 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 26, 2017, 06:14:15 PM

I don't ever lose the run of myself. Before this league campaign Kerry,Dublin,Tyrone and Mayo were the four live contenders for this league title. Dublin have plenty of recent titles and won't be too bothered if they don't reach this final. In their last two games they could easily have lost both and I fancy Mayo to end their unbeaten run. Kerry are just looking to stay up now while Tyrone I believe will aim for a final appearance at least.

Keith Higgins remarked months ago on the NFL on how he would like to win a national title before he retires he turned 32 yesterday and he and a few others aren't getting any younger. I also feel Rochford will know finally wining a national after a long wait and beating Dublin on route will be a big boost before the championship.

Sorry, did not want to sound condescending. The League title has Dublin written all over it again! They have the squad dept and they are not losing games. And the final is in their home ground Croker. I would not describe Mayo as (willing) contenders. Next Saturday will tell a tale.

As for Higgins saying he'd like to win a National title. Well that remark was probably in a press conference to launch the National League, and he is going to say what he has to say to keep the Sponsors happy. Not that he'd turn down a National League medal.

macdanger2

Jaysus, that last free for Donegal was soft. Similar to Dublin's one against Tyrone

SouthDublinBro

moysider

That's because circumstances never change unfortunately.

From the Bunker

Ah in fairness you have to fill the coffers with finance from those Corporate boxes!

Rossfan

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 26, 2017, 09:19:01 PM
Jaysus, that last free for Donegal was soft. Similar to Dublin's one against Tyrone
Sure t'wasn't a foul at all. But did ye see O'Gara giving a Donegal back a 2 handed push and no free given.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2017, 11:51:15 PM
Sure t'wasn't a foul at all. But did ye see O'Gara giving a Donegal back a 2 handed push and no free given.

Yep, and a score came off it. Geaney was just shoved over the line as well by Wiley in another game and a kick out given instead of an easy free-in.

mrdeeds

Quote from: moysider on February 26, 2017, 11:58:57 PM

Yep, and a score came off it. Geaney was just shoved over the line as well by Wiley in another game and a kick out given instead of an easy free-in.

Easy free in? It was near the sideline. Monagahan got a sideline instead. Ridiculous decision.

Main Street

Quote from: mrdeeds on February 27, 2017, 08:08:12 AM
Quote from: moysider on February 26, 2017, 11:58:57 PM

Easy free in? It was near the sideline. Monagahan got a sideline instead. Ridiculous decision.
We call that action, shepherding over the line.
Kerry got away with a lot in that game, for instance making a mockery of the mark by crashing into the back of players trying to field the ball. Some balance was restored when the ref could have awarded a penalty to Kerry near the end. In the last 10 minutes the ref was swayed a number of times towards not hindering the noble Monaghan cause.

seafoid

Looks like Ros and Cavan are going down. They don't seem to be able to defy gravity