NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on March 09, 2016, 01:28:03 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 09, 2016, 01:20:34 AM
5000 Euro of Club Rossie money probably takes dozens of man hours to raise everything considered. To throw it away on a retarded Macho Man competition when you should be playing football is not worth that in the least. The people putting the work in selling tickets and memberships deserve more than their hard work being thrown away by some pup in the heat of the moment.

Thankfully it's been quite some time since one our our county players has done something worthy of that sort of reprimand.

That could all change next weekend when yer' ladeens will have to stand up or be bitch slapped around the place. However I imagine Donegal have made their point and will have mellowed and take stock for a while.

Lads like Cregg and Kilbride are well used to tools pulling and belting them and throwing verbals. They haven't disgraced the jersey yet and I'd be surprised if they did on Sunday. Donegal's tactics are one dimensional in that regard and as long as you go in with the right attitude and don't get intimidated by it you can beat it. Reacting in most cases is exactly what they want. McStay and FOD are the best men I can think of to do that without having to resort to the lowest form of flattery.

I think it's the mark of a special player that can rise about that stuff rather the lower himself to it. Hit hard but hit fair.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on March 09, 2016, 01:31:06 AM
5000 Euro of Club Rossie money probably takes dozens of man hours to raise everything considered. To throw it away on a retarded Macho Man competition when you should be playing football is not worth that in the least. The people putting the work in selling tickets and memberships deserve more than their hard work being thrown away by some pup in the heat of the moment.

Thankfully it's been quite some time since one our our county players has done something worthy of that sort of reprimand.

That could all change next weekend when yer' ladeens will have to stand up or be bitch slapped around the place. However I imagine Donegal have made their point and will have mellowed and take stock for a while.

Lads like Cregg and Kilbride are well used to tools pulling and belting them and throwing verbals. They haven't disgraced the jersey yet and I'd be surprised if they did on Sunday. Donegal's tactics are one dimensional in that regard and as long as you go in with the right attitude they can beat it. McStsy and FOD are the best men I can think of to do that without having to resort to the lowest form of flattery.

No doubt. I was only stirring it there. Expect it will be a very good game. Donegal are a proper footballing test and they would be silly to continue with the recent confrontational form. It doesn t suit their better players either. If they were putting down markers, they have done that. They should save the testosterone for the Ulster championship.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on March 09, 2016, 01:42:26 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 09, 2016, 01:31:06 AM

Lads like Cregg and Kilbride are well used to tools pulling and belting them and throwing verbals. They haven't disgraced the jersey yet and I'd be surprised if they did on Sunday. Donegal's tactics are one dimensional in that regard and as long as you go in with the right attitude they can beat it. McStsy and FOD are the best men I can think of to do that without having to resort to the lowest form of flattery.

No doubt. I was only stirring it there. Expect it will be a very good game. Donegal are a proper footballing test and they would be silly to continue with the recent confrontational form. It doesn t suit their better players either. If they were putting down markers, they have done that. They should save the testosterone for the Ulster championship.

I don't think this is the sort of thing you can turn on or off. You can try to control it but it will eventually leak through in any match. One stray swing and you're off to greet the mother in the stand.

Impressed by the Ballina men so far. Both seem to be excelling. McStay no surprise but McHale got an unfair rap at times in his own county and in places like Cavan and it would be nice to see him get some plaudits.

Rossfan

As the poem ir song used to go -
Play the game and play it fairly
Play the game like Dermot Early

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Hard to believe that the season is starting properly this weekend. Dublin going for 4 in a row this year and the bookies fancy them to win it. Latest odds with PP:

Dublin 5/4
Kerry 7/2
Mayo 9/2
Tyrone 9/2
Donegal 16/1
Monaghan 16/1
Roscommon 25/1
Cavan 25/1

Getting rid of the semis is a good idea but it could leave 2-3 midtable teams with nothing to play for on the last weekend.

I fancy Tyrone to beat dublin in the final and Cavan & Monaghan to go down.

Fuzzman

I've a feeling the Dubs are going to send out their 2nd team this year for most of the league or at least for the earlier rounds. A lot of them have played a lot of football the last few years and playing in wet heavy pitches this time of year will not benefit them. It's an ideal time to bring on the new batch and leave the experienced lads time off until the summer.

skeog

I dont think Jim Gavin is going to take league for granted.He like Mickey loves winning games and sure didnt the thirds win the O Byrne cup on sunday.Tyrone could be in the top two with the 3 weakest counties at home.

omagh_gael

Good to be back lads, did ye miss the Tyrone crew??

Syferus

GrandMasterFlash

Monaghan to take points off Cavan and Roscommon at home, and possibly Tyrone in Omagh if they don't turn off the floodlights on purpose this time..

Still probably need to get a point or two elsewhere to be sure of survival..  ;)

Taylor

Quote from: Syferus on January 30, 2017, 01:20:07 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 30, 2017, 12:16:43 PM

No.

Says the boy only in the division a wet weekend  :-X

redhandefender

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on January 30, 2017, 03:59:36 PM
Monaghan to take points off Cavan and Roscommon at home, and possibly Tyrone in Omagh if they don't turn off the floodlights on purpose this time..

Still probably need to get a point or two elsewhere to be sure of survival..  ;)

Turning the lights of spurred yous on to victory did it not! We will have a new tactic in the bag this time, whistles in the crowd and laser pens

omagh_gael

No.

Sure we'll give you something to moan about, Sfy. Word on the street is Mickey has had a crack team trawling Facebook to get intimate details on your main menavigation these past few weeks. Something to break the ice.

J70

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on January 30, 2017, 03:59:36 PM

Where are you playing us?

Jinxy

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 30, 2017, 04:44:18 PM

No.

Sure we'll give you something to moan about, Sfy. Word on the street is Mickey has had a crack team trawling Facebook to get intimate details on your main menavigation these past few weeks. Something to break the ice.

Girlfriends, family and the bus are off-limits for sledging.
If you were any use you'd be playing.