Quote from: Main Street on April 02, 2017, 07:24:58 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 02, 2017, 07:05:29 PM
............ Cavan will win nothing this year again and deserve to be in div2
Deserve has nothing to do with it Itchy,
Div 1 is a state of mind.

Ok Clint

Rossfan

Great to end the winless run.
Good work rate in the second half in defending !! Kilroy had a great game.
Cavan abysmal especially in the second half of a game in which they had something to play for.
Don't know how many subs we had on the bench today as Donie Smith and Seànie were brought back on.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 02, 2017, 07:52:13 PM
How ye lads. Space for a little one? ;)

Fierce strange surroundings here, might only be a limited enough visit for us maybe.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 02, 2017, 08:52:12 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 02, 2017, 07:52:13 PM
How ye lads. Space for a little one? ;)

Fierce strange surroundings here, might only be a limited enough visit for us maybe.
You never AFA, it might just suit the age profile of that team right now and there are a few talented lads coming through also - we might even surprise ourselves!!!

Beffs

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on April 02, 2017, 09:31:58 PM
You never AFA, it might just suit the age profile of that team right now and there are a few talented lads coming through also - we might even surprise ourselves!!!

It won't be a surprise if you - or Kildare - stay up. The 2 newly promoted counties are usually most people pick for an immediate demotion back to Div 2. But for the past several years, one just promoted county goes down and one just promoted county stays up, in the year following their promotion to Div 1.

macdanger2

Well, well, well, wouldyalookat the fancy dans coming swanning back in here like the own the feckin place.

Anyone know who those other lads are? Did they wander in here looking for the horse racing thread or something? There's a couple of young Dubs outside after taking the wing mirrors off their double parked jeeps outside.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 02, 2017, 10:54:31 PM
Well, well, well, wouldyalookat the fancy dans coming swanning back in here like the own the feckin place.

Anyone know who those other lads are? Did they wander in here looking for the horse racing thread or something? There's a couple of young Dubs outside after taking the wing mirrors off their double parked jeeps outside.

That was just Jinxy.

Rossfan

Farewell Division 1.
But it's only temporary as our 3 year plan says well be promoted next year so all is well ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2017, 12:16:09 PM
Farewell Division 1.
But it's only temporary as our 3 year plan says well be promoted next year so all is well ;D
Maybe in 2019 Syferus will have his 'Connacht League' and it won't be Div 2.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dinny Breen

So we play in a shit province where no one can beat Dublin and now going to play in a shit division 1 where no one can beat Dublin but pretend they can. I suppose we might get the chance to play them in Newbridge...

Going to miss Division 2  :'(
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 03, 2017, 12:53:58 PM
So we play in a shit province where no one can beat Dublin and now going to play in a shit division 1 where no one can beat Dublin but pretend they can. I suppose we might get the chance to play them in Newbridge...

Will we have any game in Newbridge if the redevelopment gets the go ahead?

Bring them all down to Geraldine Park!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

As long as there is no games played in the park in Kildare town I'll be happy. It might be blasphemy but I wouldn't be too upset if games were played down in Portlaoise or Tullamore or even Carlow during the redevelopment phase, they would be preferable than playing in an empty Croke park as a curtain raiser for Dublin.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 03, 2017, 09:32:14 PM
As long as there is no games played in the park in Kildare town I'll be happy. It might be blasphemy but I wouldn't be too upset if games were played down in Portlaoise or Tullamore or even Carlow during the redevelopment phase, they would be preferable than playing in an empty Croke park as a curtain raiser for Dublin.

I'm sure there is a Business Community in Portlaoise or Tullamore or even Carlow that an injection of spending in these towns would help boost the local economy.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 03, 2017, 06:11:32 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 03, 2017, 12:53:58 PM

Will we have any game in Newbridge if the redevelopment gets the go ahead?

Will ye have any if it doesn't get the go ahead?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

The best playing surface in the country will be exclusive to D2 next year, by the way.