Tyrone v Cavan. 31/01/16. Healy Park, Omagh.

Started by omagh_gael, January 25, 2016, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 01, 2016, 09:37:09 AM
Yes as usual there is a lot of crap written here from moaners and I heard a lot at the game yesterday from so called fans. The amount of surface water on the pitch was unreal in some places so hitting passes and shots was a bit of a lottery at times and thus the more sensible approach of a short passing running game.
Its horrible to watch but against teams like Cavan who know it works and gives them a chance against better players.
If it was a dry sunny day then you would see a lot better football from our forwards I think.

We could have lost the game had Cavan got a late goal with all our messing about with back passes and trying to close the game out but in fairness we got the 2 points and hopefully next Sunday will be a drier day in Galway who play much more open football.

On another note, it looks like Derry's manager Damian Barton really is trying to level the playing field by keeping up his "ramping up the hatred of Tyrone" mode. He probably knows nothing gets Derry working better together than the sight of a Tyrone jersey and getting the fans and players up for a battle by rallying the troops this way. I can imagine, come 22nd May, there will be already a lot of scores to settle in Celtic park.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/35455958

Fuzzman - are you implying that Cavan were defensive and Tyrone were not?? From where I was sitting Tyrone played with 2 sweepers despite being the team with the better players apparently.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Itchy on February 02, 2016, 07:09:56 PM
Does anyone in Tyrone have an update on tiernan McCanns hair after this incident...

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/video-tyrones-tiernan-mccann-was-sent-headoverheels-by-a-hit-against-cavan-34417618.html

So a national newspaper runs a story that is just about the lad shipping a fairly hefty tackle? Classy journalism!
That was never a square ball!!

Itchy

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 02, 2016, 07:56:17 PM
Does anyone in Tyrone have an update on tiernan McCanns hair after this incident...

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/video-tyrones-tiernan-mccann-was-sent-headoverheels-by-a-hit-against-cavan-34417618.html

So a national newspaper runs a story that is just about the lad shipping a fairly hefty tackle? Classy journalism!

There is an element of payback for that player if you read between the lines. Don't think it was even a foul myself, just a good hard tackle.

Main Street

I hereby nominate tyrone match threads as the classiest threads on GAA board.
They are are just outstanding  for their football intelligence, their sportsmanship and general positivity.
You will never ever see a thread that Tyrone are involved in, degenerate into the  lowest  standards of abuse or whataboutery.
And if ever there is a risk that might happen, it is entirely the fault of non-Tyronies.
Long live Tyrone.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Main Street on February 02, 2016, 10:46:01 PM
They are are just outstanding  for their football intelligence, their sportsmanship and general positivity.
You will never ever see a thread that Tyrone are involved in, degenerate into the  lowest  standards of abuse or whataboutery.
And if ever there is a risk that might happen, it is entirely the fault of non-Tyronies.
Long live Tyrone.

Its funny, I cud say likewise about Monaghan threads, but Id be lying cos id have no interest in reading them

The obsession continues...roll on August for you lads wha?

BennyHarp

Long live Tyrone.

;D These are my favourite sort of posts. You can almost smell the bitterness.  ;D Thanks for cheering me up Main Street.
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

That's pathetic to say the least.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trueblue1234

Long live Tyrone.

Jesus Christ, MS Grow up!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

cavan4sam

Quote from: Itchy on February 02, 2016, 10:33:40 PM

There is an element of payback for that player if you read between the lines. Don't think it was even a foul myself, just a good hard tackle.

It wasn't a foul. The Gunner won the ball, the ref blew it up because of a head injury to McCann. It was a great 50/50 challenge and McCann was unlucky to get hurt. If it had been any other player it wouldn't be making the national media but after last years theatrics and last weeks incident with Brendan Rodgers there seems to be people happy to see this. Play was restarted with Cavan having possession.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: cavan4sam on February 03, 2016, 10:15:23 AM
Quote from: Itchy on February 02, 2016, 10:33:40 PM

It wasn't a foul. The Gunner won the ball, the ref blew it up because of a head injury to McCann. It was a great 50/50 challenge and McCann was unlucky to get hurt. If it had been any other player it wouldn't be making the national media but after last years theatrics and last weeks incident with Brendan Rodgers there seems to be people happy to see this. Play was restarted with Cavan having possession.

I have no problem with the tackle whatsoever, but its an obvious attempt by the paper to have a go at McCann again, and completely unnecessary IMO.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

cavan4sam

I don't the media having a go at any GAA player. In fairness to McCann he is a great player and no doubt he will have the last laugh.

Fuzzman

Not sure will he have the last laugh Cavan4Sam as you can see there is already a bias out there against him and even though there shouldn't be you can understand why some will think its fair enough with what he did last year. Some take the law into their own hands and it will be understandable in games if refs no longer give him the benefit of doubt.

Yeah of course Tyrone were defensive too as that's our style of play but at least we break at speed up the pitch and attack as a team as well and not just 1 or 2 players.

Did anyone see the punch into the stomach of Colm Cavanagh late on. I couldn't help but think that if the exact same incident was on live TV and the Sunday game had of highlighted it then a suspension would incur.
This Div 2 is set up to be a nightmare for injuries and suspensions. With so many Ulster teams fighting for the top 2 places or even just to stay up then I can see a lot more games like Sunday where its real dogged Ulster football. Compare this to the Dublin v Kerry game or Mayo v Cork where some very soft tackles were made.
I'm not whinging, I'm just saying we'll do well to get to April with no major injuries or suspensions.

cavan4sam

I saw the incident with Colm Cavanagh at the end. It was actually Seanie Johnston that done it and he got booked for the incident after the ref had consulted his linesman. I didn't think it was any worse than a yellow card. Maybe that's me looking at it with Cavan glasses but not many of the Tyrone people around me thought there was much in it.

Blue in hope

Did you see the punches that Colm Cavanagh threw after Givney got the yellow card. He connected the ref saw should have at least booked him and thrown up the ball but did neither. He was also in Keatings face each time he kicked the three wides in the second half.