Nfl div 3

Started by sligoman2, January 25, 2016, 01:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

They lost away to Offaly and Tipp by a single score, beat Limerick well away and hammered everyone in their 3 home games. Surprised they weren't closer to Kildare than 5 points away from home, the league final will be tighter I'd suggest. Them and Kildare were head and shoulders above everyone else in the division.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Owenmoresider

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 04, 2016, 11:25:30 AM
I'm surprised at Clare, because I've seen them a bit over the past couple of years, and because both Tipperary and Offaly beat them this year. But their home form has been immense, and they had some excellent performances in Ennis. I'm delighted for Colm Collins, because he is putting in a big effort with those guys, and I'm glad they get their moment in the sun.
When they played there. For some reason they are fond of dragging us out west, Miltown Malbay this year and Cooraclare some years back. When they return to D3 we should take them out to Enniscrone, that'll show them.

Didn't get to our game but it seemed from radio to be a generally decent performance bar some sloppiness and letting it slip at the end. The draw suited both sides in the end so everyone's happy. Lot of work to be done though if we're going to be worthy of sharing the same pitch* as those galaticos in June.

* - said pitch TBC

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 04, 2016, 11:50:47 AM
They lost away to Offaly and Tipp by a single score, beat Limerick well away and hammered everyone in their 3 home games. Surprised they weren't closer to Kildare than 5 points away from home, the league final will be tighter I'd suggest. Them and Kildare were head and shoulders above everyone else in the division.

They are not head and shoulders above Tipp and Offaly. Maybe in the games versus ye they were, but I've seen them a few times and they just aren't. But still, as I said, I'm delighted for them, and it just shows in a tight division, a few big wins can make all the difference.

Anyway, you're in the wrong thread!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 04, 2016, 12:25:22 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 04, 2016, 11:50:47 AM

They are not head and shoulders above Tipp and Offaly. Maybe in the games versus ye they were, but I've seen them a few times and they just aren't. But still, as I said, I'm delighted for them, and it just shows in a tight division, a few big wins can make all the difference.

Anyway, you're in the wrong thread!

This year they are. If they meet in the qualifiers I'd fancy them to win +4.

AZOffaly

I'd take that bet.

Croí na hÉireann

All we need is the draw now so.

AZOffaly

Croí na hÉireann

Ah now. I could see Clare giving Cork a right good rattle but the draw as it is... The men in the white coats should be with you shortly  :P

AZOffaly

If Tipp get over Waterford, they'll rattle Cork. It's such a pity for Tipp that Stephen O'Brien and Colin O'Riordan are not available, as well as some of the other lads Tippabu listed above. With the fatwah issued on Dual players as well, it's a dangerous time for Tipp football after a few very promising years.

That said, looking at Stephen O'Brien's cameo yesterday in Ennis, might not be too long before he's picking up the big ball again.

Croí na hÉireann

I think you've just given very concrete reasons as to why Tipp won't rattle Cork.

AZOffaly

No, I've given challenges that face them. I still think they'll give it a rattle. If they do get O'Brien back, they'll give it a good rattle.

Croí na hÉireann

How close is giving them a rattle?

AZOffaly

within 5 points. Beating them is giving them a good rattle :)

Croí na hÉireann

Can't see it. Cork win by 7 or 8 points for me. I'd fancy Clare to get within 2.

Donnellys Hollow

Out of all the counties Kildare played in the division I'd say Clare were the most impressive team. I know Sligo beat Kildare but that was a far weaker starting 15 than we had out yesterday and the Sligo management including Carew, Roli, Donnelly and Fitzharris knew exactly how to set up to beat us.

Having seen Clare and Tipperary over the past two weekends you would be hard pressed to identify Tipp as the team who have had all the recent underage successes. Clare have a serious midfield and some impressive forwards but they're probably too lightweight at the back to make a championship breakthrough yet.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?