Nfl div 3

Started by sligoman2, January 25, 2016, 01:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Here's a crack at spreads on these games - feel free to take a pick
We could have a Div 3 Spread competition if enough are interested.

Westmeath V Kildare - Kildare by 2.5 (i.e Kildare favourites by 2.5 points so would need to win by three to cover.
Offaly V Longford - Longford by 1.5
Limerick V Tipp - Tipp by 2.5
Clare V Sligo - Clare by 2.5

My picks v the spread would be
Kildare
Offaly
Tipp
Sligo
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Ohtoohtobe

Looking at Kildare's fixtures, we have the toughest-looking one up first. Westmeath beat us in Newbridge last year after all. Looks like we might be left playing catch-up in a tight race for promotion but with four home games I'd be disappointed if we didn't go up.

Croí na hÉireann

We've four away so game on Sunday is massive for us. Lose and we're going to be chasing our tail for the rest of the campaign. Most people are saying it's between us two and Tipp but I can see Clare having a big say in it.

My picks v the spread would be
Westmeath
Offaly
Tipp
Clare
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Tipp will get nothing easy in Kilmallock against Limerick. If they win there, I think they'll be ok. If they lose, I think they're in big trouble already.

ck

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 28, 2016, 11:04:55 AM
Tipp will get nothing easy in Kilmallock against Limerick. If they win there, I think they'll be ok. If they lose, I think they're in big trouble already.

Wouldn't agree. Yeah they'll get nothing handy in Kilmallock but win loose or draw Tipp will be in the race for promotion

AZOffaly

I don't think so CK. They don't have the depth to cater for the losses tippabu outlined above. I hope I'm wrong, I think for the sake of Tipp football in the short term I need to be wrong, but I fear I'm not.

Unlaoised

Tipperary might struggle if missing that many but they will have enough to beat what seems to be a real team on the decline in Limerick.

Offaly and Clare could shock the so called big guns Kildare in this division!
LAOIS ABÚ

Canalman

Kildare and Tipperary for me to go up.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 28, 2016, 04:11:46 PM
Offaly and Clare could shock the so called big guns Kildare in this division!

Struggled for long periods against both in the last two championship campaigns. I don't think anyone following Kildare football the last few years would be shocked by losing to anyone in this division.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 28, 2016, 03:21:21 PM
I don't think so CK. They don't have the depth to cater for the losses tippabu outlined above. I hope I'm wrong, I think for the sake of Tipp football in the short term I need to be wrong, but I fear I'm not.

Im not too worried, it think we will give cork a good rattle and give us a good chance against them if all healthy. Still a very young team, i think feehan and o'shaughnassey are upgrades in defense altough untested at this level, kevin fahy also coming in is very good. Next year id fully expect stephen o brien to be back, who knows how hurling will work out for seamus kennedy, bill maher and liam mcgrath possibility they will be playing football, unless they are content with being squad/bench players in hurling (would be delighted for any to make it but be surprised). Coleman kennedy will be finished collage in america all depends on work id presume whether he is back and who knows about philip quirke. I really hope im right that despiste all the doom and gloom around the intercounty team at the minute tipp football is still very healthy overall, for a hurling county that is

Gael85

Quote from: tippabu on January 27, 2016, 07:15:59 PM
Very strange one for us this year, we are down at least 11 players from last year, of that id have probably 8 or so who would have been starters. 2 injured, 2 just not playing anymore, 2 to hurling, 1 to aussie rules and 4 clonmel lads with the club. Our first two games are the easier looking ones on paper, whether its an advantage playing them with so many missing or a disadvantage we'll see, get 4 points and we should be safe from relegation, do poor in these games and we'll struggle to stay up. Honestly dont know what to expect this year, truely believe we could promoted or relegated. Division is wide open this year.

Who are 2 players retired? Stephen O'Brien and Colin O'Riordan are huge losses

tippabu

Quote from: Gael85 on January 28, 2016, 10:35:29 PM
Very strange one for us this year, we are down at least 11 players from last year, of that id have probably 8 or so who would have been starters. 2 injured, 2 just not playing anymore, 2 to hurling, 1 to aussie rules and 4 clonmel lads with the club. Our first two games are the easier looking ones on paper, whether its an advantage playing them with so many missing or a disadvantage we'll see, get 4 points and we should be safe from relegation, do poor in these games and we'll struggle to stay up. Honestly dont know what to expect this year, truely believe we could promoted or relegated. Division is wide open this year.

paddy codd and barry grogan havent been part of it so far this year anyway

Gael85

Quote from: tippabu on January 28, 2016, 10:36:44 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on January 28, 2016, 10:35:29 PM

paddy codd and barry grogan havent been part of it so far this year anyway

Hopefully ye get a few bodies from last year 21 team that beat Dublin progressing to seniors

Mclf

Any sign of Ian Fahy to step it up at senior? Or does he play for commercials also? Was a woeful beast of a young fella for his age, good footballer too, thought he would have progressed through by now.

tippabu

Quote from: Mclf on January 28, 2016, 10:51:28 PM
Any sign of Ian Fahy to step it up at senior? Or does he play for commercials also? Was a woeful beast of a young fella for his age, good footballer too, thought he would have progressed through by now.

hes been with the seniors a couple of years now, had a hard time of it personally last year so football wasnt to the front of his mind. yeah he is one of the commercials lads too