Cork
Down
Galway
Fermanagh
Meath
Derry
Kildare
Clare

With the loss of three Ulster teams - replaced by only one. There is a nice provincial mix. I'd expect Cork to go straight back up! The rest is (as goes with this division) a toss up as to promotion and relegation!

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 06, 2016, 09:05:40 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 06, 2016, 08:27:05 PM
So for 2017 it's

Cork
Down
Galway
Fermanagh
Meath
Derry
Kildare
Clare

With the loss of three Ulster teams - replaced by only one. There is a nice provincial mix. I'd expect Cork to go straight back up! The rest is (as goes with this division) a toss up as to promotion and relegation!

Kildare should be a natural Div2 team, you have to wonder about Clare though.
Perhaps Down will do a Westmeath!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

twohands!!!

Quote from: armaghniac on April 06, 2016, 09:21:40 PM
So for 2017 it's

Cork
Down
Galway
Fermanagh
Meath
Derry
Kildare
Clare

Yeah it's fairly heady territory for the Clare footballers. I'm imagine they would be very pleased to avoid relegation in a Division with a lot of traditional heavy hitters.
Cork will be very short odds favourites to go up I'd imagine, given they weren't exactly miles off the pace in Division 1. Depending on what way the fixtures shake out , there could be some very small crowds at Cork's home games next year in the league - definitely not ideal with a €100million stadium to be paid for. Hard to see Down bounce back straight away after this year's campaign so they are likely to be a lot of contenders for the 2nd promotion spot

Owenmoresider

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 06, 2016, 10:01:58 PM
So for 2017 it's

Cork
Down
Galway
Fermanagh
Meath
Derry
Kildare
Clare

Yeah it's fairly heady territory for the Clare footballers. I'm imagine they would be very pleased to avoid relegation in a Division with a lot of traditional heavy hitters.
Cork will be very short odds favourites to go up I'd imagine, given they weren't exactly miles off the pace in Division 1. Depending on what way the fixtures shake out , there could be some very small crowds at Cork's home games next year in the league - definitely not ideal with a €100million stadium to be paid for. Hard to see Down bounce back straight away after this year's campaign so they are likely to be a lot of contenders for the 2nd promotion spot
No change there then.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 06, 2016, 10:01:58 PM
So for 2017 it's

Cork
Down
Galway
Fermanagh
Meath
Derry
Kildare
Clare

I wouldn't write off Clare's chances next year in Div 2, they are very impressive this year. There's a very good reason Podge Collins stuck to his guns with playing both apart from the fact his father is the manager. If they can make further improvements next year I can see them finishing in the top half of the table.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

twohands!!!

Quote from: Owenmoresider on April 07, 2016, 09:29:55 AM
No change there then.

Should probably have said something along the lines of absolutely miniscule.

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 07, 2016, 10:19:57 AM

I wouldn't write off Clare's chances next year in Div 2, they are very impressive this year. There's a very good reason Podge Collins stuck to his guns with playing both apart from the fact his father is the manager. If they can make further improvements next year I can see them finishing in the top half of the table.

I think they are very reliant on a couple of players - if those players are missing/injured/off-form they would be in a lot of trouble.
It would be great for Clare football for them to survive next year but I think they will be massively up against it next year - they got promoted by getting wins over Sligo, Limerick, Westmeath, and Longford. They lost to Tipperary, Kildare and Offaly. Not a lot there to suggest that they won't be struggling in Division 2 next year.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 07, 2016, 10:01:55 PM

I think they are very reliant on a couple of players - if those players are missing/injured/off-form they would be in a lot of trouble.
It would be great for Clare football for them to survive next year but I think they will be massively up against it next year - they got promoted by getting wins over Sligo, Limerick, Westmeath, and Longford. They lost to Tipperary, Kildare and Offaly. Not a lot there to suggest that they won't be struggling in Division 2 next year.

Gary Brennan & Podge are huge for them alright but they are a well drilled team who are working to a good plan and they have some fine players. Them wins were all landslides and only lost to Tipp and Offaly away by a single score. Will be interesting to see how they get on against Kildare in Croke Park in the final.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 08, 2016, 09:55:58 AM

Gary Brennan & Podge are huge for them alright but they are a well drilled team who are working to a good plan and they have some fine players. Them wins were all landslides and only lost to Tipp and Offaly away by a single score. Will be interesting to see how they get on against Kildare in Croke Park in the final.

Kildare should be stronger in the final even allowing for Dan Flynn's hamstring injury, some of the u21s will be in contention and Clare have lost Turbidy to suspension, a big loss for them. I would expect Kildare to win 4-7 points.
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 08, 2016, 01:28:33 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 08, 2016, 09:55:58 AM

Kildare should be stronger in the final even allowing for Dan Flynn's hamstring injury, some of the u21s will be in contention and Clare have lost Turbidy to suspension, a big loss for them. I would expect Kildare to win 4-7 points.

Brave call Dinny, you should school some managers into how to give pre-match predictions.  :P Turbidy a loss alright and I expect Kildare to be going hard at this in the build up to championship. They will probably shade it but less than 4 for me, 1-2.

seafoid

I don't know what happened to the other discussion.  Maybe it was hijacked by the flourbags who were so pessimistic at the start.  Now the team has 8 points.

3 big matches . Can Meath continue their winning run ? Can Fermanagh pick up a win? Will Galway lose it again ?

1400 Cork v Meath, Páirc Uí Rinn
1400 Fermanagh v Clare, Brewster Park
1400 Galway v Derry, Tuam Stadium

thejuice

Our winning run? One in a row?

I'd go with

Meath Cork draw
Clare beat Fermanagh
Galway beat Derry.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on March 19, 2017, 11:52:06 AM
Our winning run? One in a row?

I'd go with

Meath Cork draw
Clare beat Fermanagh
Galway beat Derry.
I'll go for Cork, Fermanagh and Galway

Jinxy

We might win, we might draw, we'll probably lose.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

cuconnacht

Quote from: seafoid on March 19, 2017, 10:48:49 AM
I don't know what happened to the other discussion.  Maybe it was hijacked by the flourbags who were so pessimistic at the start.  Now the team has 8 points.

3 big matches . Can Meath continue their winning run ? Can Fermanagh pick up a win? Will Galway lose it again ?

1400 Cork v Meath, Páirc Uí Rinn
1400 Fermanagh v Clare, Brewster Park
1400 Galway v Derry, Tuam Stadium
So if Galway or Clare lose the lillies are up,would that be right?