NFL Division 2

Started by smelmoth, January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Jinxy on February 28, 2016, 03:17:33 PM
Here comes the 2nd half collapse.
Wasn't able to go, was their a big wind? Some comeback by Cavan and the prodigal son seems to have done a lot of scoring.

seafoid

That is a big win for Cavan. Tyrone not much better than Laois. A huge win for Galway.

omagh_gael

Quote from: seafoid on February 28, 2016, 03:52:50 PM
That is a big win for Cavan. Tyrone not much better than Laois. A huge win for Galway.

Don't read too much into the small margin of Tyrone's win, we were 7/8 up and scoring for fun and took the foot of the gas. Could've paid the price for their lackadaisical approach for the second game in a row!

FermGael

Derry could get pulled into the relegation mess yet.
They play Tyrone next and then have Armagh , Laois and Meath to play yet.
If they want to get promoted they will have to beat Tyrone next weekend.
A big win for Galway away from home and one that sets them up well.
Tyrone are well on the way to being promoted.

Great result for Cavan today as they looked well out of it at half time.
Meath are now in bother as well.

Cavan play Armagh next weekend,Fermanagh play Laois and Meath play Galway.

Every team needs to win next weekend
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

seafoid

Quote from: FermGael on February 28, 2016, 04:14:24 PM
Derry could get pulled into the relegation mess yet.
They play Tyrone next and then have Armagh , Laois and Meath to play yet.
If they want to get promoted they will have to beat Tyrone next weekend.
A big win for Galway away from home and one that sets them up well.
Tyrone are well on the way to being promoted.

Great result for Cavan today as they looked well out of it at half time.
Meath are now in bother as well.

Cavan play Armagh next weekend,Fermanagh play Laois and Meath play Galway.

Every team needs to win next weekend
It is getting very interesting. Derry have  to beat Tyrone. Lots of teams on a similar level. Relegation might come down to head to head.

Syferus

Some statement of intent by Seanie Johnston. More performances like that and the support won't be long forgetting the past.

Wildweasel74

Derry level is division 2 at the moment and  they seem to be not too worried if they go up, if the attitude of the days game  is anything to go on, I expect Tyrone to beat them well, though they will beat Laois and Meath, after that the Armagh game will not matter much

Denn Forever

The past is  forgotten already as long as he keeps the way he is at training with the team *(no prima donna stories so far). During the whole debacle I just felt sorry for him as I never thought Kildare was going to do any thing for him,
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

skeog

derry not bothered about promotion is incorrect barton wants div 1 for 2017 imo tyrone home and hosed for return to div 1

thejuice

Depressing seeing the full time score there.

I don't know what these lads are capable of but it seems to be not much. I know it's only the league but a good team doesn't go in at half time 7 points up and then lose by the same margin irrespective of the opposition.

I don't expect anything of Mick O'Dowd other then to leave when asked but you'd think he'd have the lads playing with the fear of God in them after last years debacle against Westmeath.

I usually don't let league games get to me but shite like that today just leaves feeling like Michael Douglas in Falling Down.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

I know I'm banging this drum for years but if you repeatedly blow significant leads and collapse in a heap at the business end of big games, that's down to two things for me.
1. Fitness
2. Character
The first one should be a given in this day and age but we never seem to be as fit as our opponents and always seem to carry a few lads, particularly in the league, who are carrying a bit themselves.
The second part is down to the individual to some extent but it's also a massive indictment of the management set-up.
We have too many players who are flat-track bullies that fold like a deck of cards when the pressure comes on.
It's up to the management to build people up mentally as well as physically and make them believe in themselves and each other.
I watched the Donegal v Mayo game on the telly, and it was a game between MEN.
Men with fire in their bellies, who played on the edge and gave everything they had for their team.
We used to churn out players like that.
A long, long time ago.
Time to rip it up and start again.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

agorm

Horrendous performance, I repeat horrendous performance. Mick O'Dowd is by far the worst manager in the 30 years I have been watching Meath football. Totally clueless, not even any indication on the sideline that he has any clue as to how to see a tide turning.

he started Donnacha Tobin today and persisted with the guy in his first game in I dont know how long when the guy was totally out of it. His direct man contributed to crucial scores in the 2nd half. He has persisted with Lenihan who I dont think has scored in the league so far, he made the mistake of moving G Reilly to midfield again, he persists n playing light players that only handpass the ball on the half back line- no surprise that two got injured, just not u to it physically. It mightnt be MO's fault but the full back was roasted and no attempt to do anything about it, bring back cover by replacing a non performing forward. The list could go on but I wont waste my time.

We reappointed him after more horrendous displays last year, his selectors that were the only reason he got the job in the first place quit and he was reappointed without selectors.

And to think that the Meath purists just wanted rid of Banty beause he wasnt from meath, all they wanted was a Meath man. The arrogance, the lunacy of it all. The mind boggles. Unfortunately I have already booked and paid for my accomodation next weekend. Another repeat of the same mistakes and I promise I wont go to another game under MOD.

Itchy

seafoid

Looking forward to Galway vs Meath

agorm

Well at least it has made up some minds in our household, we try to work our holidays around the schedule and try not to be away for a Meath Dublin game. Not any more.

And next weekend will be based around a visit to Galway than watching that rubbish. I wouldnt even blame Paddy ORourke too much even though it was his 3rd red card in a Meath jersey, himself Keoghan and Eamonn Walace were about all that played up to par in the game and he saved at least two goals.

Meath co board need to bring an end to the farce that is Mick O'Dowd's management of this team.