NFL Division 2

Started by smelmoth, January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Look Cavan were well fucked by the ref tonight but on the other hand they had more than enough chances and didn't take them. You make your own luck but I suppose on another day and another ref we would have won that game. Now we are in the shit.

Wildweasel74

Derry had led by 3 and some shocking defending lead to Cavan score a goal u normally wouldn't seen at this level. Take in a very poor penalty miss and there was enough there in Derry to in Cavan. the ref cant kick the ball over the bar for you and u had  alot of wides, but lets blame the ref not that fact that u forwards cant take scores.

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on February 06, 2016, 10:55:53 PM
Armagh just aren't able to handle the toughness as well as the speed and precision of Leinster football. If you can't stand the heat go back to division 3.
Is Leinster football still alive?

JoG2

Quote from: Westside on February 07, 2016, 12:32:15 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 06, 2016, 11:34:07 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 06, 2016, 08:46:40 PM
Derry beat Cavan by a point, Derry missed a goal and give away a very poor goal when head by 3, Cavan missed alot apparently and could have equalised at the end

Cavan didn't equalise because our boys defended well.  I counted half a dozen blocks in about a minute period in added on time.  Ref wasn't great,  but didn't favour either side.  Questionable frees given to both.  Decent enough match played in fairly poor conditions.  Grass extremely long and fairly bumpy and a bitterly cold wind blowing down towards the car park end.  A big 2 points.  Cavan have ended on the wrong side of 2 very close games but they should stay up I reckon

Did you count the fouls that were ignored by the ref or just the blocks in those final few minutes? Referee was atrocious and we were badly let down by the balance of the decisions. Hyland isn't a prima donna or one to slate referees after games but he refused to speak to the media after the game.

Derry looking good to go up now, ourselves and Armagh into a dogfight for relegation. We've performed well though and if we continue to put in shifts like we did tonight we can still do enough to stay up.

2 of your first 3 points were from handy frees along the stand end.  Tell me who fouled who for the penalty claim at the end as I didn't see it.  The Derry defenders were tenacious in the final minutes,  because a man goes to ground doesn't mean it's a foul.  Our men were tackling the ball,  blocking shots left right and centre.  As I've said,  Cavan will stay up, youse could be sitting on 4 points if youd taken your chances,  not if the refs had given you more frees

Westside

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 07, 2016, 01:06:41 AM
Derry had led by 3 and some shocking defending lead to Cavan score a goal u normally wouldn't seen at this level. Take in a very poor penalty miss and there was enough there in Derry to in Cavan. the ref cant kick the ball over the bar for you and u had  alot of wides, but lets blame the ref not that fact that u forwards cant take scores.

So we can count Derry's missed penalty and poor defending for the goal in the reasons why they deserved their win but being denied 3 blatant frees by the ref which would almost certainly have drawn the game cant be a factor in why we deserved a point because our shooting was poor? Logical.

redzone

Quote from: Itchy on February 07, 2016, 01:00:01 AM
Look Cavan were well fucked by the ref tonight but on the other hand they had more than enough chances and didn't take them. You make your own luck but I suppose on another day and another ref we would have won that game. Now we are in the shit.

Hate spoofers like u. As a few others will have noted u weren't at the game but seem fit to judge the ref

Itchy

Penalty claim was for a foot block but that would have been harsh. There were certainly a free or two at the end that we should have got though. But u are right, we wasted far too many chances.

Itchy

Quote from: redzone on February 07, 2016, 09:29:06 AM
Quote from: Itchy on February 07, 2016, 01:00:01 AM

Hate spoofers like u. As a few others will have noted u weren't at the game but seem fit to judge the ref

Hating people on the Internet. Very wise.

seafoid

4 teams on 2 points. Armagh and Cavan have to start winning

Farrandeelin

Armagh just aren't able to handle the toughness as well as the speed and precision of Leinster football. If you can't stand the heat go back to division 3.

Very good juice.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 08, 2016, 11:08:10 PM

Very good juice.

Whatever sort of good juice that is, you probably should give it up during Lent.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thejuice

Meath (FL Div 2 V Cavan):

Paddy O'Rourke;

Donal Keogan, Conor McGill, Mickey Burke;
Brian Power, Padraic Harnan, Darragh Smyth;

Harry Rooney, Donnacha Tobin;

Sean Tobin, Cillian O'Sullivan, Graham Reilly;
Eamon Wallace, Michael Newman, Donal Lenihan.

Wallace back for the first time, Tobin to midfield to replace Tormey.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Here comes the 2nd half collapse.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Denn Forever

It did thankfully.  What happened with O'Roarke to ge the Red?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...