Sigerson Cup

Started by mad tan, January 21, 2016, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Watch it again mate. At no stage did he foul the ball. The rest of your post is spot on

bannside

Watch the reaction of his team mates after the goal went in. It wasn't the ref they were frustrated with.

You Redzone should know that you shouldn't carry a ball into a tackle. Why take the risk. And count those steps again. Ritchie is a great player, but this wasn't his finest moment. Not blaming him for the loss. The wides tally is what beat them.

ONeill

McNamee was expecting the offload there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Don't think that was a foul just poor play by Richie Donnelly. UUJ were wasteful in the first half and that cost them the game.

Rossfan

Hope our lads come through this sh1te injury free and be available to play for their real teams - Club and County.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

time ticking away

Richie Donnelly is a good player but that was criminal
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

tiempo

Quote from: bannside on February 19, 2016, 07:36:41 PM
Take your red specs off for a minute Redzone. Firstly Ritchie didn't offload to a man off his shoulder, then he fouled the ball by taking about ten steps, then he criminally tried to carry a ball through the tackle - risking being dispossessed in a very dangerous area with his defence out of place.

No point blaming the ref for that.

After that UUJ put six into the goalkeepers arms and seven wides in one half of football. That wasn't the refs fault. It was either greed or poor decision making. Same as last year I'm afraid. Too many egos trying to look like the star man, and not enough proper team play.

I think it was a case of Richie trying to do a Mattie and not being fit to, that said Mattie needs to quet doing a Mattie too half the time and play quicker and smarter, they kind of think that because they are conditioned to the hilt and good players they can make bad decisions into good ones, Mattie is on the cusp of being in the top bracket nationally and Richie is in a very promising vein of form but they need to realise team-mates are there for a reason, it's a team game and you can't do it all yourself

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

How did Feely do for DCU? Hughes scored 4 points from play which doesn't look great from his point of view but was he even directly marking him?

Gaafan2

Quote from: tiempo on February 19, 2016, 10:42:34 PM
Quote from: bannside on February 19, 2016, 07:36:41 PM
Take your red specs off for a minute Redzone. Firstly Ritchie didn't offload to a man off his shoulder, then he fouled the ball by taking about ten steps, then he criminally tried to carry a ball through the tackle - risking being dispossessed in a very dangerous area with his defence out of place.

No point blaming the ref for that.

After that UUJ put six into the goalkeepers arms and seven wides in one half of football. That wasn't the refs fault. It was either greed or poor decision making. Same as last year I'm afraid. Too many egos trying to look like the star man, and not enough proper team play.

I think it was a case of Richie trying to do a Mattie and not being fit to, that said Mattie needs to quet doing a Mattie too half the time and play quicker and smarter, they kind of think that because they are conditioned to the hilt and good players they can make bad decisions into good ones, Mattie is on the cusp of being in the top bracket nationally and Richie is in a very promising vein of form but they need to realise team-mates are there for a reason, it's a team game and you can't do it all yourself

I agree with you 100% on Mattie Donnelly. There is no doubt he is a good footballer, I'm not questioning that but he infuriates me at times during games. He slows the play down too often, carries the ball into tackles when a pass is the easier option and struts about with his chest out. With the defensive nature of football nowadays slowing the play up allows teams to pack their defence!!

Syferus

Enda burst open UCD there to set up the goal for O'Brien. Great time for it too.

Hopefully Ultan is ok.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on February 20, 2016, 03:02:37 PM
Enda burst open UCD there to set up the goal for O'Brien. Great time for it too.

Hopefully Ultan is ok.

Nicely set up for second half. Conditions are crap. Don't think DCU had as much up front as UCD, but with Mannion and Kelly gone now it has evened up. DCU stronger around the middle. O'Brien is a beast.

Syferus

Quote from: shark on February 20, 2016, 03:15:16 PM

Hopefully Ultan is ok.

Nicely set up for second half. Conditions are crap. Don't think DCU had as much up front as UCD, but with Mannion and Kelly gone now it has evened up. DCU stronger around the middle. O'Brien is a beast.

DCU lost their starting FF Ultan Harney before the start of the match. Read the Indo yesterday amazed at their assumption it was UCD's Sigerson, of all teams', to lose. They did very well beating the professionals at their home yesterday but there's feck all between the forwards for DCU and UCD. Smith, Harney, O'Connor and Carey are as good as any UCD has.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on February 20, 2016, 03:22:09 PM
Quote from: shark on February 20, 2016, 03:15:16 PM

Hopefully Ultan is ok.

DCU lost their starting FF Ultan Harney before the start of the match. Read the Indo yesterday amazed at their assumption it was UCD's Sigerson, of all teams', to lose. They did very well beating the professionals at their home yesterday but there's feck all between the forwards for DCU and UCD. Smith, Harney, O'Connor and Carey are as good as any UCD has.

Yeah Harney looked very upset when then camera was on him. Heslin free taking proving the difference now. Gone even more scrappy.

Il Bomber Destro

No dobut it will be sweep sweep on the timewasting and cynicism here.

shark

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 20, 2016, 03:57:31 PM
No dobut it will be sweep sweep on the timewasting and cynicism here.

UCD kicked another 3/4 wides after kicking their 2 late points. They kept going. Only one being cynical is you.

Best team won. It was a poor spectacle, but the conditions were never going to allow anything else.