Amazing sporting niche of my adopted village?

Started by T Fearon, January 20, 2016, 09:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Yes with the appointment of Rory Best as Irish rugby captain,the little village of Poyntzpass,which I currently call home,has now produced an All Ireland winning captain,Joe Lennon,and an Irish rugby captain.Quite a feat!

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2016, 09:35:59 PM
Yes with the appointment of Rory Best as Irish rugby captain,the little village of Poyntzpass,which I currently call home,has now produced an All Ireland winning captain,Joe Lennon,and an Irish rugby captain.Quite a feat!
If the Irish team could abandon the box kicks and bosh bosh style for a "points pass" approach of quick and accurate offloads it would be even better

imtommygunn

Orior

And don't forget we had a World Champion in 2013. Niall McVeigh from Poyntzpass won the 2013 Singles Title at the World Dwarf Badminton Championships in USA.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/world-beater-niall-mcveigh-honoured-29976808.html
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 20, 2016, 11:20:31 PM
And the only town in Ireland with a Z?

Chapelizod?
Or like Fearon are you counting the 6 counties separately?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

charlieTully

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Harold Disgracey

illdecide

Another feat that village holds is it has the largest D**k in Ireland living there...in fact anywhere. ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 21, 2016, 11:38:41 AM
To be pedantic is Rory Best not from Acton?

Yes, he was reared closer to Acton than the Pass.

Keyser soze

I must say i'm amazed that you have abandoned the idyllic setting of Portadown after u waxing lyrical about the halcyon days of your youth there and the amazing cross commnuity spirit it fostered.

T Fearon

The community spirit in Ponytzpass is even better.Ive seen the village festooned in red white and blue buntings for July 12th and a day or two later these were replaced by the orange and White of Armagh ahead of a big game in Croke Park.

rosnarun

Quote from: T Fearon on January 21, 2016, 05:45:03 PM
The community spirit in Ponytzpass is even better.Ive seen the village festooned in red white and blue buntings for July 12th and a day or two later these were replaced by the orange and White of Armagh ahead of a big game in Croke Park.
That must be going back a bit
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere