Advice you would give to your 15 year old self

Started by seafoid, January 13, 2016, 03:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Don't believe the priests. Listen to your parents. They know more than you think.

seafoid

If they can't explain it to you , don't believe them

leenie

Don't be so obsessed with westlife..

One day one of them will be entering the Eurovision  :-X  :-\
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Puckoon

I'd tell the 15 year old to leave a note for the 25 year old. He was the one that needed sorted out.

Asal Mor

Be yourself and love yourself. Don't give a toss what anyone thinks of you but be nice to people all the same, if you want them to be nice to you.

Soon you'll start going to nightclubs. It's ok if you don't like them. They really are shite, you're not weird for hating them. You'll meet women in other places.

Take a couple of years off from education after you finish school. Do a bit of work and a bit of travelling and go to college when you know what you really want to do.

Getting pissed out of your head and acting like an ass isn't hilarious or "mad" or "cracked" or anything like it. It's a bit pathetic and we do it in Ireland because we're afraid to express ourselves sober. You can get as much of a buzz from exercise and sport as you can from drink, drugs and fags.

maggie

That its ok to not be in the 'cool gang'.  The nerds will end up being cool.

seafoid

Quote from: maggie on January 13, 2016, 07:17:37 PM
That is so true. Nobody paid attention to X when we were in school. She hung around with a nerdy crowd and the lads were all focused on other women.
We had a reunion just before Christmas and everyone was wondering who the very attractive and radiant woman in the corner was. It was X. Life is funny.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on January 13, 2016, 04:05:00 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 13, 2016, 03:55:58 PM
buy a house when you get done with university - you can afford the mortgage - trust me
dont let anyone get in the way of your dreams - especially yourself - will save time later
spend more time with your grandparents

I'd tell myself and all my friends the exact opposite. Get over this very Irish and British idea that you simply must own a house ASAP.
I was paying rent in my 20s when I could have paid a mortgage. I have friends who bought houses and rented them out and in 10 years some of them will own more than 10 houses each that were paid for by renters like me! I would rather have 10 houses to sell when I'm 50 or have the rental income than be sitting with one house to my name....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

screenexile

Took me until late twenties to realise that even ugly c***ts can get women and it was far too late! As the man said chance your arm and a few nice ones will go for it!!! Sure you're no worse off if they don't...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 13, 2016, 07:16:13 PM
Getting pissed out of your head and acting like an ass isn't hilarious or "mad" or "cracked" or anything like it. It's a bit pathetic and we do it in Ireland because we're afraid to express ourselves sober. You can get as much of a buzz from exercise and sport as you can from drink, drugs and fags.
Well said very good advice. Spending more time with your parents,grandparents also good advice said on here.

trileacman

Thought about it long and hard. Couldn't think of any that would significantly change anything.

I'll settle for " Stop worrying, you're fcuked either way ".
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

general_lee

Quote from: screenexile on January 13, 2016, 11:14:56 PM
Took me until late twenties to realise that even ugly c***ts can get women and it was far too late! As the man said chance your arm and a few nice ones will go for it!!! Sure you're no worse off if they don't...
They all have facebook whatsapp tinder etc nowadays. It was pure graft back in the day.

BennyCake

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 13, 2016, 07:16:13 PM
Be yourself and love yourself. Don't give a toss what anyone thinks of you but be nice to people all the same, if you want them to be nice to you.

Soon you'll start going to nightclubs. It's ok if you don't like them. They really are shite, you're not weird for hating them. You'll meet women in other places.

Take a couple of years off from education after you finish school. Do a bit of work and a bit of travelling and go to college when you know what you really want to do.

Amen, Asal!

Say what you really feel. Don't feel you have to justify yourself. You're yourself, fcuk everyone else.
Expand your mind. Read more. Travel more.
Take the time to really talk to your Da and ask lots of questions. He won't always be around.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2016, 09:01:00 PM
Quote from: maggie on January 13, 2016, 07:17:37 PM
That is so true. Nobody paid attention to X when we were in school. She hung around with a nerdy crowd and the lads were all focused on other women.
We had a reunion just before Christmas and everyone was wondering who the very attractive and radiant woman in the corner was. It was X. Life is funny.

I've noticed that myself. In my year at school a few of them had role reversals in the attractiveness stakes.

Declan

Learn a musical instrument. Keep a journal. Remember anyone who never makes a mistake has never tried anything