LAOIS SENIOR FOOTBALL 2016

Started by Unlaoised, January 12, 2016, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Sounds like a plan. Challenge game this weekend I believe. Hopefully we're all set for Galway.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Who are we playing in the challenge game and where is it Tony?
Looks like Galway are having their own problems with injuries..
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/walsh-voices-concern-over-tribesmens-rising-injury-list-34386407.html
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Played Kildare I believe in Kildare

Lost by a point not sure of the score.

Quigley was back and came on but he is unavailable for the first two games anyway.

Not sure what the team was but was told Cotter Seale O'Loughlin and the two Kingston's played well .

Laois missed a peno but not sure who missed it!

Roll on next weekend a good boost for Galway beating Rosscommon but they have their problems with injuries.
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Any word on a possible starting 15?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

I wouldn't say Lillis knows his first 15 at this stage and its hard for him with so many personal missing especially in the back line

I would make a stab at...

Brody
Seale
Timmons
Hanrahan/Kehoe/A Farrell
Strong
A .Farrell/P.Cotter
Dillion
O'Loughlin
Meaney
O'Carroll
D.Kingston
Costello/N.Murphy/O'Connor
P.Kingston
G.Walsh
P.Cahilanne

As you can see there is a lot of positions i'm undecided about i'm just going from a bt of opinion and how they
lined up in the O'Byrne cup games..

Can't believe that Attride and Lowry are not involved...Attride is playing great stuff for DCU

Time will tell I suppose I still think Cotter could do a job at centre back for us...

Munnelly and Donoher are injured and Colm Begley hasn't come back in yet!Quigley is suspended!

LAOIS ABÚ

south Laois

What's the story with Attride and Lowry not on the panel. Were they dropped or not available?

Unlaoised

Not quite sure I don't think Lowry was asked that might not be right.

Attride said he wasn't available but things might change...

*watch this space!*
LAOIS ABÚ

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

rte radio last sunday with 3 panellists and newstalk during the week ditto were in unanimous agreement that laois were the one team certain to be relegated from division 2. they all wrote off the team. it should act as some sort of incentive for the players to stand up and be counted.

I do suspect despite the advantage of 4 homes v 3 aways, that at least a draw is required from Saturday night or else the doomsayers could be predicting right.

SCFC

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on January 28, 2016, 02:00:26 PMat least a draw is required from Saturday night

It's on Sunday! Don't turn up early!

blueandwhite1

Haven't we been touted for the drop (mostly by Laois people!) every year for the last 4 or 5 years? Last year was the closest as we were too slow to build fitness early in the year. I predict that we will stay up as we have enough good footballers and should be better than 2015.

OTF

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 28, 2016, 03:08:15 PM
Haven't we been touted for the drop (mostly by Laois people!) every year for the last 4 or 5 years? Last year was the closest as we were too slow to build fitness early in the year. I predict that we will stay up as we have enough good footballers and should be better than 2015.

Ye last year we were brutal early on, Galway has being our banker recently so lets hope for the same Sunday.
Tyrone look like the one outstanding team but any of the other games could go either way.
5 Points requires.

OTF

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 27, 2016, 03:53:14 PM
I wouldn't say Lillis knows his first 15 at this stage and its hard for him with so many personal missing especially in the back line

I would make a stab at...

Brody
Seale
Timmons
Hanrahan/Kehoe/A Farrell
Strong
A .Farrell/P.Cotter
Dillion
O'Loughlin
Meaney
D.O'Connor/D.O'Reilly
D.Kingston
Costello/N.Murphy
P.Kingston
G.Walsh
P.Cahilanne

As you can see there is a lot of positions i'm undecided about i'm just going from a bt of opinion and how they
lined up in the O'Byrne cup games..

Can't believe that Attride and Lowry are not involved...Attride is playing great stuff for DCU

Time will tell I suppose I still think Cotter could do a job at centre back for us...

Munnelly and Donoher are injured and Colm Begley hasn't come back in yet!Quigley is suspended!

Quigley suspended remind me  ???

Giovanni

Paddy Power has it down for 7pm on Saturday. Gaa.ie has it down for Sunday at 2.

Which is more likely to be correct?

redsetanta

Anywhere I've seen it listed it's 2pm Sunday!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Quigley got a red card against Antrim in the last game he played or Laois played last year......

Its 100% Sunday 2pm lets hope we can get a few out to support the lads...

Tickets are on sale in downeys and in Mulhalls in Portlaoise and if you buy before Saturday its a fiver less!
LAOIS ABÚ