LAOIS SENIOR FOOTBALL 2016

Started by Unlaoised, January 12, 2016, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Would recommend the front bar in blames of the hollow.
Great pint.

Club house will be open on match day .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Unlaoised

Hi Fermgael how far is the pitch from the town?
LAOIS ABÚ

FermGael

Pitch is very close to the town.

You can't miss it.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

south Laois

Does anyone think the county board should start putting on buses for away games. I think Monaghan do this and charge a nominal fee to cover the cost of the bus ie. it's not a money making exercise. Surely this would be worth trying to get more support for the lads.

Tony

That's a great idea South Laois.

redsetanta

It's a no brainer really. What's the cost of a bus nowadays? Even if only half full they wouldn't be losing a whole pile. If people got used to the fact that a supporters bus was going to every game it wouldn't be half empty for long.
What's the cost? A couple of hundred quid?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

les Antiques

Great idea South Laois . It's becoming a coming trend by all accounts among counties in recent times. Not done enough in Laois . I recall been on bus during the Colm Brownes first era , actually first campaign and travelling to Salthill in one of the latter league matches that particular year . Two buses left Portlaoise that morning and we had great support up there that day . It ended up been a draw against a good Galway team .  ;D

Unlaoised

Quote from: south Laois on March 03, 2016, 01:29:54 PM
Does anyone think the county board should start putting on buses for away games. I think Monaghan do this and charge a nominal fee to cover the cost of the bus ie. it's not a money making exercise. Surely this would be worth trying to get more support for the lads.

Yeah Portlaoise do this for games in Leinster and it drums up great support...Be a great day out a few pints meet other Laois people whats not to like???
LAOIS ABÚ

south Laois

It would be great if this could get off the ground. I would ask anybody who knows someone on the county board to put this idea forward to them.

redsetanta

You could probably email the PRO for information or to suggest the idea.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

I don't really know anyone there anymore anyone got access to the Laois Facebook page maybe post it there or PM them??
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

We need to speak to the right people in with the necessary authority to make this happen. Such a great idea - we need to make this happen. Even if it's just put up for 2 away League games this year as a trial. Tickets for the bus to go on sale a few days before so they can estimate how many they need.

Dave like the tv channel

Haven't lost to Fermanagh since 1993

SCFC

Massive game. Badly need a win here. Win and we're looking to the top half, lose and we're looking at the Meath and Cavan games with worry.

Joeythelips

Jesus, presume it was as bad to watch as it was to listen to. An absolute hiding. Manager sent to the stands on Fermanagh player scoring 1-11. After all the positive vibes from here I was starting to get excited about the championship and feel like i got punched in the stomach.