Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 07:10:15 PM
Paid or amateur,these guys are heroes to supporters who are ordinary people who go to extraordinary lengths to follow their teams for a lifetime.

As expected you have illustrated that you just don't get it :D

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 07:10:15 PM
Paid or amateur,these guys are heroes to supporters who are ordinary people who go to extraordinary lengths to follow their teams for a lifetime.

I don't think you understood what BC1 said.

It is people like you who are the reason he isn't playing. If ordinary supporters are disappointed, then you and your ilk are the ones to blame.

This isn't exclusive to Armagh. Ciaran McDonald quit playing for Mayo because of the remarkable ignorance of some of our own supporters. Thankfully John Maughan persuaded him to ignore the Fearons of the wesht and he came back after a couple of years. But this post could easily have been met with shrugs of Ciaran who, from outside Mayo.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

How is it because of me? I have never shouted abuse at anyone wearing an Armagh jersey,either on or off the pitch.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 08:32:43 PM
How is it because of me? I have never shouted abuse at anyone wearing an Armagh jersey,either on or off the pitch.

No doubt your argument in this thread is that he is no longer wearing an Armagh jersey?

imtommygunn

No you do it on the internet.

T Fearon

I have not abused him,I have merely criticised his decision not to represent his county, for no valid reason as far as I can see.

muppet

You started a thread comparing him to Stephen Ireland and then have persistently abused and insulted him on this thread.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 07:00:56 PM
It is not a perceived sense of entitlement.It is the profound sense of disappointment bordering on betrayal,when supporters see less than full commitment from prominent players,akin to Sol Campbell or Mo Johnston, once heroes to Spurs and Celtic fans but subsequently reviled.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 04:51:59 PM
He doesnt appear to have any issues commiting to his GAA club or Junior Soccer club when he perceives a good chance of silverware.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2016, 06:00:36 AM
At the end of the day,in an era where there was little hope of success,Ger Houlahan forfeited an FAI Cup Final,money and the glamour of playing at Lansdowne Road,to play for Armagh against Fermanagh.Thats probably why he possesses an All Star something that Jamie will never have.

A lad who turns his back on his county,but can defer globetrotting to play in a soccer Junior Cup Final,is despicable.

The above is personal, publicly aired, abuse of an amateur footballer.

This is nowhere near as low as you have gone with clerical child abuse, gay marriage and alcoholism of certain individuals, but I am betting you will get there. I sincerely hope the player doesn't have the misfortune read your bile.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Rubbish.All the issues are related to sport, not personal.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 08:41:41 PM
I have not abused him,I have merely criticised his decision not to represent his county, for no valid reason as far as I can see.

Why the f**k does he have to give a reason? What the f**k do you think you are entitled to a reason?  This type of attitude among 'fans' is why lads quit. It's none of your business why he is going away and I know for an absolute fact that the type of attitude being displayed by you is one of the reasons why he is not overly pushed. He doesn't get the same attitude from people in Cross. The attitude is let him live his life and there's a spot for him if or when he comes back. I will be brutally honest if he never plays for Armagh again I couldn't care less. He's a young man who has the chance to live his life. It's not that he doesn't want to play for Armagh, he doesn't want to live in Ireland. There is another reason why he was home for a while longer than planned that had absolutely nothing to do with the soccer match and it was a happy coincidence that he was able to stay. The level of commitment for a soccer match in the Carnbane is no where near a club senior team nevermind a county team. But all of that is immaterial in the grander scheme as I said earlier it's none of mine or your business what he didn't commit to Armagh or us so I'll respectfully ask you to shut the f**k up!

seafoid

I took a year off in my late 20s and did a bit of travelling and a few courses. One of the things was a cookery course. I know one of the 95 Clare hurlers via a friend and I ended up cooking in his house one evening. He said he would have loved to have had the time to do what I was doing but it was impossible with the training commitments.

Playing intercounty GAA is even more demanding of time now. Clarke has a broader view than a lot of players and he's right to do what he wants to do.

tonto1888

As an Armagh fan I'm disappointed he won't be playing this year but he is given the county a lot. A lot more than me or most on this board, tony included, has I would imagine. I'd like to thank him for his services and wish him well in his travels. If we're lucky enough to see him don the orange again I will be happy

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on May 26, 2016, 08:42:53 PM

You started a thread comparing him to Stephen Ireland and then have persistently abused and insulted him on this thread.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 07:00:56 PM
It is not a perceived sense of entitlement.It is the profound sense of disappointment bordering on betrayal,when supporters see less than full commitment from prominent players,akin to Sol Campbell or Mo Johnston, once heroes to Spurs and Celtic fans but subsequently reviled.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 04:51:59 PM
He doesnt appear to have any issues commiting to his GAA club or Junior Soccer club when he perceives a good chance of silverware.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2016, 06:00:36 AM
At the end of the day,in an era where there was little hope of success,Ger Houlahan forfeited an FAI Cup Final,money and the glamour of playing at Lansdowne Road,to play for Armagh against Fermanagh.Thats probably why he possesses an All Star something that Jamie will never have.

A lad who turns his back on his county,but can defer globetrotting to play in a soccer Junior Cup Final,is despicable.

The above is personal, publicly aired, abuse of an amateur footballer.

This is nowhere near as low as you have gone with clerical child abuse, gay marriage and alcoholism of certain individuals, but I am betting you will get there. I sincerely hope the player doesn't have the misfortune read your bile.
It gets worse year by year

Aaron Boone

It's a shame Jamie's absence has overshadowed the build-up here and in the papers, but it's a challenge McGeeney thrives on.

5 Sams

Fearon's A real nasty individual...I wouldn't like to meet him....I'd end up doing or saying something I would regret. However I would love Brian or Tommy McGuigan to be introduced to him.
The Aristocrat Years

thebar

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 26, 2016, 09:23:08 PM
As an Armagh fan I'm disappointed he won't be playing this year but he is given the county a lot. A lot more than me or most on this board, tony included, has I would imagine. I'd like to thank him for his services and wish him well in his travels. If we're lucky enough to see him don the orange again I will be happy

well said could not agree more