Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: joemamas on January 10, 2016, 04:41:55 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 10, 2016, 02:27:44 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on January 10, 2016, 02:18:07 PM
A player can get a decent living for playing footall in America. He can be more of "a professional" by being less professional.

While I'm not sure if it has a role in this case, this is an issue. These so called GAA people in America are robbing small clubs and counties of their best players for make up competitions in the US.
What an asinine comment.
How many thousands of Irish immigrants were set up with jobs and accommodation over the past thirty years by countless Irish who had gone before them. The logistics of trying to manage/coach teams can be very trying to say the least.

Great if people going over can make contact with GAA people, I'm all in favour of that.  But essentially bribing good players to come from Ireland for a couple of months does nothing but damage to the GAA. There is a lot of comment here about whether Jamie should be allowed rejoin Cross or Armagh, if he hadn't been there all along, yet the expectation in some of these N. American teams is that they will be based on blowins, which is totally disrespectful to people there all year round.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

I concede that I am not personally owed an explanation,neither did I say I ever was,but I think Armagh supporters in general are.As the late Jock Stein said about another code,though it's no less relevant",Football without the Fans is nothing" I cannot resist the comparison of Ronan Clarke and his namesake Jamie,and the extreme efforts the former made to extend a county career,in the face of adversity,while the latter apparently cannot be bothered.

In terms of burn out,in my opinion it's long past time that Gaelic Sport was categorised into separate County and Club entities,with players involved exclusively at one level but not both.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 06:01:24 PM
I concede that I am not personally owed an explanation,neither did I say I ever was,but I think Armagh supporters in general are.As the late Jock Stein said about another code,though it's no less relevant",Football without the Fans is nothing" I cannot resist the comparison of Ronan Clarke and his namesake Jamie,and the extreme efforts the former made to extend a county career,in the face of adversity,while the latter apparently cannot be bothered.

In terms of burn out,in my opinion it's long past time that Gaelic Sport was categorised into separate County and Club entities,with players involved exclusively at one level but not both.
armagh play 2 or 3 senior games a year in championship and Cross are the greatest EVER club team. You are spouting nonsense, tony

armaghniac

well then, Jamie is exclusively involved with club, which should meet your requirements.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

No wides

Quote from: armaghniac on January 10, 2016, 06:14:14 PM

well then, Jamie is exclusively involved with club, which should meet your requirements.

Thread closed, debate over.   :D

T Fearon

By that rationale Wayne Rooney could opt to play for his local pub team instead of Man Utd.

Seafoid the county season lasts from January to September.Apart from that the involvement of county players in club football is bizarre and is not replicated in any other sport.

No wides

And it is an amateur sport so if an individual doesn't want to partake what business is it of anyone's but theirs.

T Fearon

There is a commercial transaction involved,gaining access to a county game,and in my and hundreds of other cases,purchasing a season ticket,with a reasonable expectation that one's county will field the strongest possible team available.Therefore we as a common courtesy should be informed why our best player is not making himself available.

We are bombarded all year with the message "Nothing beats being there!". If our top players don't subscribe to that why should supporters shell out hard earned cash?

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 07:50:13 PM
There is a commercial transaction involved,gaining access to a county game,and in my and hundreds of other cases,purchasing a season ticket,with a reasonable expectation that one's county will field the strongest possible team available.Therefore we as a common courtesy should be informed why our best player is not making himself available.

We are bombarded all year with the message "Nothing beats being there!". If our top players don't subscribe to that why should supporters shell out hard earned cash?
sure stay at home Tony
BTW are you not a public service employee? How could the cash be hard earned ???

screenexile

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 07:50:13 PM

Nope... It's an amateur game nobody is contracted to be there so if a player doesn't want to play he doesn't have to.

T Fearon

Nobody has to do anything technically.But it is a breach of trust,morally

imtommygunn

You don't own these guys. They owe you nothing morally or otherwise and how the word moral has got into a player choosing to travel over dedicate his free and spare time to his county is beyond me.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 08:39:45 PM

And that friends is tony reaching the zenith of his idiocy

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 08:39:45 PM
Raping children is a breach of trust, morally, Tony

Not wanting to play with the county is not. Get a grip, FFS.

ONeill

I think Jamie Clarke has to come on here and answer a few questions. Anything else is avoidance and reflects badly on him.

1. What the fcuk he is doing about global warming? Him swanning about without a care in the world.
2. Why didn't he intervene in the Garth Brooks palaver?
3. Is Avery innocent?
4. Why isn't he playing for Armagh? Tony wins tickets to see him play, like.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.