Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

I think you'll see more players taking breaks. It's the demands of county football and the urge of young bucks to see the world. Fair play to them, I say.

Better for someone like Jamie to go away and come back refreshed, than stay at home and become absolutely sickened by footballing demands, and hanging up the boots early.

T Fearon

Why is he prioritising club football over elite level county football?

imtommygunn

How do you know he is prioritising it? People who travel tend to do so in the summer.

Plus club should always come first.

BennyHarp

Quote from: hardstation on January 09, 2016, 10:38:39 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 09, 2016, 10:32:50 PM
There may be many reasons but perhaps, just perhaps, he finds club football more enjoyable than county football?
Maybe he's not being asked to put his life on hold for club football? Perhaps he isn't expected to be in the gym 3 mornings a week for club football? Perhaps he isn't expected to train like a performing monkey for club football? Perhaps he likes the craic he has with his club mates?
Who knows?

But he could at least let Tony know which of these things it is?
That was never a square ball!!

brokencrossbar1

Elite county football?  You're some laugh. Elite club football prioritised over half baked county set up more like it!!!

Orior

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 09, 2016, 10:58:37 PM

Elite county football?  You're some laugh. Elite club football prioritised over half baked county set up more like it!!!

What are ye trying to say sonny?  lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

heffo

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 09, 2016, 10:43:40 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 09, 2016, 10:38:39 PM
There may be many reasons but perhaps, just perhaps, he finds club football more enjoyable than county football?
Maybe he's not being asked to put his life on hold for club football? Perhaps he isn't expected to be in the gym 3 mornings a week for club football? Perhaps he isn't expected to train like a performing monkey for club football? Perhaps he likes the craic he has with his club mates?
Who knows?

But he could at least let Tony know which of these things it is?

That's the least Tony deserves

T Fearon

I suspect BC's view is shared in Crossmaglen and this is the real reason.No hope for success for the County so why bother.

bennydorano

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 08:03:16 AM
I suspect BC's view is shared in Crossmaglen and this is the real reason.No hope for success for the County so why bother.

It's my opinion, I'm sure it's other people's opinions. I don't know if it's Jamie's opinion. The one thing I will say is that over the history of Armagh GAA Cross have provided to the county in terms of players etc more than most clubs so there has never been an issue in that respect. What I would say though is club will (and should) always come first.

In terms of Jamie I just want to reiterate something. He has missed more championship matches for Cross in the last few years than he has Armagh games so make of that what you will.

redzone

Has anyone got appearances record for him, he doesn't seem to have a wiki page

naka

A lot of guys hammering the county set up here
There are a lot of guys trying their utmost to move the county forward
It costs s heck of a lot of money to get the structures in place
Perhaps a fair few of you instead of hammering the county will assist and maybe get some sponsorship in
We are light years financially behind Tyrone and Donegal in Ulster .
My view on Jamie is fair play to him
He is an amateur and life is short so enjoy it to the full

No wides

Quote from: naka on January 10, 2016, 11:15:44 AM

Perhaps a fair few of you instead of hammering the county will assist and maybe get some sponsorship in

A lot of guys getting a fair few pound from it too.

No wides

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 10, 2016, 10:16:50 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 08:03:16 AM

It's my opinion, I'm sure it's other people's opinions. I don't know if it's Jamie's opinion. The one thing I will say is that over the history of Armagh GAA Cross have provided to the county in terms of players etc more than most clubs so there has never been an issue in that respect. What I would say though is club will (and should) always come first.

In terms of Jamie I just want to reiterate something. He has missed more championship matches for Cross in the last few years than he has Armagh games so make of that what you will.

Nail on head, without club there would be no county.

smelmoth

Quote from: naka on January 10, 2016, 11:15:44 AM

We were always told that we don't have to worry to much about the costs of the McGeeney regime as McGeeney brings the sponsorship with him? Is this not the case?

Some in Cross and throughout the county think that McGeeney is tactically weak. He favours a defensive set up based upon work load and positional discipline. Its not great to watch and some think its not great to play in never mind the training requirements to get on the pitch. A skill based, kick passing game is more attratice to watch, to play and to prepare for. I'm not surprised that some opt out. I am reminded of the Danish soccer player Claus Jensen. Not the best player but a stylish, creative player. When Lawrie Sanchez got the Fulham job and instructed the defenders to launch it forward over the midfielders Jensen retired. In his view it wasn't football.

Playing footabll should be fun. Preparing should fun. There should be a role for skill and players who have the vision to play what is in front of them. And PLAYers should play. Systems that drill squad members to run around in defensive formations and rarely touching the ball, rarely exhibiting any skill with the ball or in dispossessing the man on the ball, rarely take a risk with possession, train more than 3 times for every game they PLAY and not be released to PLAY for their clubs is bound to lose players.