Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 12:14:51 PM
Pointing out personality traits like selfishness and glory hunting is not abuse.Now go and examine your own posts about a certain Armagh priest to see what real abuse looks like.

I don't tend to be particularly abusive about people I don't know. If you post them back to me then maybe that will show me but I don't think you will find any.

What glory is he hunting? Why is he being selfish? Due to not honouring your wishes?

T Fearon

He doesnt appear to have any issues commiting to his GAA club or Junior Soccer club when he perceives a good chance of silverware.

Brick Tamlin

Or how about he is just choosing to do what suits him and his lifestyle best.

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 04:51:59 PM
He doesnt appear to have any issues commiting to his GAA club or Junior Soccer club when he perceives a good chance of silverware.

How do you know it has anything to do with silverware? He is from crossmaglen who happen to be winning a lot - that may or may not be related to him staying at times but you do not know that. Sure didn't BC say he wasn't playing this year too anyway so that argument is based on delaying travel by one week for a soccer match?

T Fearon

He will be back for  Cross come Championship time.He always is

imtommygunn

he may or may not be. You are just guessing as you have no idea about him or hos motivations.

What other armagh players aren't playing? Why no chastising of them?

T Fearon

I don't think there are any prominent players making themselves unavailable.The others doing so are mainly fringe players not automatic choices, probably feeling is the effort worth it for little or no game time.

imtommygunn

So if you're good you deserve to give people an explanation but if you're not just as good you don't. Right.

brokencrossbar1

He won't be back Tony. I've been very tolerant of you but I'm going to ask you to give it a rest.  It is absolutely none of your business what Jamie does. He is moving away end of story. He doesn't want to play for anyone. He hasn't played for us this year. The lad has his own reasons and that's his business but it's assholes like you who have some perceived sense of entitlement to know about him and his life that have contributed significantly to him wanting to leave. Maybe you should develop some of your own interests instead of livings proxy life through other people's and their achievements.

T Fearon

Do you understand Armagh fans disappointment,especially when he saw fit to play for a Junior Soccer club as recently as last weekend?

T Fearon

It is not a perceived sense of entitlement.It is the profound sense of disappointment bordering on betrayal,when supporters see less than full commitment from prominent players,akin to Sol Campbell or Mo Johnston, once heroes to Spurs and Celtic fans but subsequently reviled.

brokencrossbar1

A lot of 'fans' have bitched for the last few years that he hasn't delivered at county level so why should they be bothered? He doesn't fit the county's system and Geezer player him a half back ffs! Disappointed is understandable but it gives no one the right to have a answer as to why he is living his life!

As for betrayal will ye catch yourself on and go out and get some fresh air!

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 07:00:56 PM
It is not a perceived sense of entitlement.It is the profound sense of disappointment bordering on betrayal,when supporters see less than full commitment from prominent players,akin to Sol Campbell or Mo Johnston, once heroes to Spurs and Celtic fans but subsequently reviled.

You do understand mo johnston and sol campbell were paid right...

T Fearon

Paid or amateur,these guys are heroes to supporters who are ordinary people who go to extraordinary lengths to follow their teams for a lifetime.

T Fearon

Our weekly quiz winners have been selected!

Congratulations to Eoin O'Hara, Niall McNelis, Frankie Connolly, Ray Hamilton, Tony Fearon, Stephen Grogan, Mick Ryan, Tommy Tucker, Geraldine Kelly, Padraig Downey, David Gazely, Ann Feeney, Aidan Dineen, Eugene Dooley, Marie Spriggs-Campion and Emma Boyce.  You've won tickets to one of this weekend's matches.

No need to worry if you didn't win our weekly quiz, because we have All-Ireland Football Final tickets to give away. Just head over to gaa.eir.ie and play Win, Lose or Draw to be in with a chance to win.

I'll be there, even if Jamie isn't!