Home Security

Started by thejuice, December 29, 2015, 11:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Hi lads,

My parents home was burgled a few weeks ago. They've never had any issues before and only have a triple lock back door as protection.

Themselves and the neighbors used to watch each others houses but it wasn't enough this time.

I know nothing is completely secure but we're just discussing putting up some cctv cameras or something.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these matters or could recommend something?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Iceman

pay someone to do an install for you - where do you live?
theres a load of stuff online about it - making your house unattractive to burglars who dont want to get caught
outside lights with sensors
no bushes to hide in around the perimeter
cameras if you can afford them
a yappy dog always helps
theres plastic sheets that you can install on the inside of your windows and glass panels that delay breakage
door bars on the inside

good luck!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

The easiest thing is an alarm.... If there are 10 houses in a street then the one without an alarm will get burgled.....as dumb as burglars' are they wont stay in a house while the alarm goes off

Curtains at the door and keys out of sight... Secure areas around the back and light sensors...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Heard some horror stories.

I think a lot of burglars will watch houses before striking. Relatives of mine foolishly left a back door unlocked. Car gone in the morning. Another girl I know had a new a3 sline only a matter of weeks before the robbers were able to hook the keys out of the door where they were left through the letter box and off they went.

As mentioned best bet is making your house as unattractive as possible for thieves. Well lit, gravel driveway, cattle grid, security lights, cameras, alarm, cars in garage if possible. Always good to have a security light at the front and back door that comes on. Leave lights on inside etc.

Hardy