Quote from: INDIANA on December 25, 2015, 08:08:10 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 25, 2015, 08:01:48 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 25, 2015, 08:55:07 AM
Quote from: seafoid on December 25, 2015, 12:40:17 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 24, 2015, 11:26:31 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 24, 2015, 10:05:22 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 24, 2015, 09:45:36 PM
Cycling in fairness is not comparable to contact sports

Even in terms of the time commitment? I felt like every waking hour outside of work was spent doing something cycling-related.

Yes but not in terms of injury count, recovery, pressure of playing in front of 82,000. The emotional and physical strain for inter county players are a lot greater.
Indentured slaves wouldn't get as much spent on them as Dublin footballers either

Train smart and be winners. We can send you out the manual if you like

3 All Ireland's won in the last 5 years before then 1978 to 2010 Dublin won Sam twice. Some turn around with smart training, should certainly pass that manual around...

Hard work , organisation, talent and a return to the true values that made our county great in the 70's . Humility and a re-connection with the Dublin GAA Community. No celebrating when we beat someone we expect to beat. All-Irelands are expected and our players are expected to deliver. If they can't deliver on that- they are discarded and we bring in players with the mentality to get the job done in front of big crowds.

We are driven by 1995-2011- it will never happen again.  You can take the money away from us we don't care. You can't take our culture away. Culture creates dynasties not money. Crossmaglen are living proof of that.

"we"

::)

LeoMc

Quote from: Syferus on December 25, 2015, 08:48:12 PM

Even in terms of the time commitment? I felt like every waking hour outside of work was spent doing something cycling-related.

Yes but not in terms of injury count, recovery, pressure of playing in front of 82,000. The emotional and physical strain for inter county players are a lot greater.
Indentured slaves wouldn't get as much spent on them as Dublin footballers either

3 All Ireland's won in the last 5 years before then 1978 to 2010 Dublin won Sam twice. Some turn around with smart training, should certainly pass that manual around...

Hard work , organisation, talent and a return to the true values that made our county great in the 70's . Humility and a re-connection with the Dublin GAA Community. No celebrating when we beat someone we expect to beat. All-Irelands are expected and our players are expected to deliver. If they can't deliver on that- they are discarded and we bring in players with the mentality to get the job done in front of big crowds.

We are driven by 1995-2011- it will never happen again.  You can take the money away from us we don't care. You can't take our culture away. Culture creates dynasties not money. Crossmaglen are living proof of that.

Crossmaglen have hardly been going cap in hand anywhere. Money greases every major success and you know it very well. I don't know how many people even bother taking you seriously when you get on this tact anymore.

Get on this tact?

Syferus

Quote from: LeoMc on December 25, 2015, 11:20:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 25, 2015, 08:48:12 PM

Crossmaglen have hardly been going cap in hand anywhere. Money greases every major success and you know it very well. I don't know how many people even bother taking you seriously when you get on this tact anymore.

Get on this tact?

Seriously? Wow.

AZOffaly

Tack. Tack. Tack.

Tact is never part of these discussions 😀

imtommygunn

Neither is humility despite being used in a sentence somewhere in there!

INDIANA

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 25, 2015, 11:55:46 PM

Can't argue with the facts either Tommy. I'd be insulting intelligence otherwise. Take all the money away - you won't take the culture with you. It's too ingrained now.

maigheo

Fair play to you Indiana but you do spout some amount of B.S for one person,but I doubt any body takes you seriously around here after your meltdown before the Mayo Dublin replay.

imtommygunn

Quote from: INDIANA on December 26, 2015, 12:36:13 AM

Can't argue with the facts either Tommy. I'd be insulting intelligence otherwise. Take all the money away - you won't take the culture with you. It's too ingrained now.

In your current batch at least. You will go through lean spells again. If someone had said to you that between what was it 84? and 2011 you'd have one ai you'd have laughed them out of the place.

cross will at some point lose that dominance too. The current batch have an air of invincibility about them. Man united had it. Look at them now. It will go eventually too.

INDIANA

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 26, 2015, 09:37:43 AM

In your current batch at least. You will go through lean spells again. If someone had said to you that between what was it 84? and 2011 you'd have one ai you'd have laughed them out of the place.

cross will at some point lose that dominance too. The current batch have an air of invincibility about them. Man united had it. Look at them now. It will go eventually too.

The lean spells will see us in the last 8 every year. From 95-02 we couldn't even get out of our province. Things will plateau over the next 5-7 years anyway in Leinster.

The signs at underage are there already.

seafoid

"Too ingrained" is incoherent. If Cork hurlers are unable to get their shit together over a decade given the culture down there I honestly  do not see how the Dubs can avoid it. Sporting mediocrity is very hard to understand but it is a fact of sporting life.

INDIANA

Quote from: seafoid on December 26, 2015, 11:20:27 AM

"Too ingrained" is incoherent. If Cork hurlers are unable to get their shit together over a decade given the culture down there I honestly  do not see how the Dubs can avoid it. Sporting mediocrity is very hard to understand but it is a fact of sporting life.

Their culture is different to ours.

Theirs is built on tradition , ours is built on structure.

Structure always beats tradition.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: INDIANA on December 26, 2015, 11:22:08 AM

How much would a good solid structure cost?

seafoid

cork hurlers have more all Irelands over 130 years but do show me the metric you are using, just for a laugh

INDIANA

Quote from: seafoid on December 26, 2015, 03:54:11 PM

cork hurlers have more all Irelands over 130 years but do show me the metric you are using, just for a laugh

Cork have no underage success in quite some time. Just stack it up against ours. There's your metric.

manfromdelmonte

Our indentured club slaves, sorry players were out playing a game for charity today.
I'm not sure who forced them to do it, but shame on them for not taking a rest day and going to Leopardstowm or something.