AZOffaly

About 30 seconds worth I hear.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ziggysego on December 16, 2015, 03:20:54 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 16, 2015, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on December 16, 2015, 03:15:34 PM
The real laoislad has probably watched them, so you're covered.
Nope. I have also never watched them.

Wait? Are you two different people?

leenie

Quote from: JoG2 on December 15, 2015, 10:58:39 PM
Looking forward to it.  It's a 12a, would it be too much for a 7 and a 6 year old? The wife is putting the foot down grrrr

I was watching film 2015 last night , and they mentioned about taking their children to see it who loved it .. It's still a Disney so I can't imagine it's too scary,
If  3/4 years old can watch bambi where the mother dies, finding nemo where the mother dies, lion king where the father dies and the hyenas are scary as fck, beauty and beast where the beast gets mauled by wolves and stabbed by gaston, etc I think They're prepared ...

Think children are probably more resilient to 'scary' parts as they have less fear

Also I was 8 years old when I seen gremlins .. Fair enough wasn't fit to go bed without checking under it for about a year, I don't think any harm was done  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

JoG2

Quote from: leenie on December 17, 2015, 04:16:01 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 15, 2015, 10:58:39 PM
Looking forward to it.  It's a 12a, would it be too much for a 7 and a 6 year old? The wife is putting the foot down grrrr

I was watching film 2015 last night , and they mentioned about taking their children to see it who loved it .. It's still a Disney so I can't imagine it's too scary,
If  3/4 years old can watch bambi where the mother dies, finding nemo where the mother dies, lion king where the father dies and the hyenas are scary as fck, beauty and beast where the beast gets mauled by wolves and stabbed by gaston, etc I think They're prepared ...

Think children are probably more resilient to 'scary' parts as they have less fear

Also I was 8 years old when I seen gremlins .. Fair enough wasn't fit to go bed without checking under it for about a year, I don't think any harm was done  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Thanks leenie though I think I may lose this battle with the wife!

leenie

Sure you can tell her your taking them to do some special Christmas shopping and secretly take them to see it and get them to swear to secrecy ,

But make sure to get her something , cover your tracks ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 17, 2015, 03:30:09 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 16, 2015, 03:20:54 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 16, 2015, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on December 16, 2015, 03:15:34 PM
The real laoislad has probably watched them, so you're covered.
Nope. I have also never watched them.

Wait? Are you two different people?

*uploads Jabba the Hutt image*

Nah, that's too easy.

brokencrossbar1

Deiseach, pintsofguinness left the board a long, long time ago and is now in a galaxy far far away!!

deiseach

oakleaflad

What did everyone make of Episode VII? I thought they did a really good job of introducing the new characters and mixing with the old. Funny in parts and decent storyline. So much better than the prequels.

Milltown Row2

Thought it was great, good storyline to follow on from the 'main' films... took my 12 year old daughter and she found it easy enough to get a grip of the storyline having never watched them before (I give her a small synopsis of the previous) and she really enjoyed it, the humour was good and it actually took me back to being a 10 year old again in the cinema and watching the first ones...

It had a sort of storyline that was the same as the originals which was very clever (because it worked so well)..... can't wait till next year!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2015, 01:43:45 PM
Thought it was great, good storyline to follow on from the 'main' films... took my 12 year old daughter and she found it easy enough to get a grip of the storyline having never watched them before (I give her a small synopsis of the previous) and she really enjoyed it, the humour was good and it actually took me back to being a 10 year old again in the cinema and watching the first ones...

It had a sort of storyline that was the same as the originals which was very clever (because it worked so well)..... can't wait till next year!!
You getting a preview?

Agree with above - a LOT of nods to the originals. Someone described it as the new New Hope which was a good description.

ziggysego

I thought it was fantastic. Paid tribute to episodes IV,V, VI without over indulging in them. A good mixture of old and new characters. Looking forward to May 2017 for episode VIII.

Back to the cinema tomorrow afternoon to see The Force Awakens for the 2nd viewing.
Testing Accessibility

magpie seanie

Quote from: ziggysego on December 22, 2015, 01:52:55 PM
I thought it was fantastic. Paid tribute to episodes IV,V, VI without over indulging in them. A good mixture of old and new characters. Looking forward to May 2017 for episode VIII.

Back to the cinema tomorrow afternoon to see The Force Awakens for the 2nd viewing.

I agree. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Will definitely go again over the Christmas and cannot with until May 2017.

Aristo 60

Generally thought is was all great-except for Snoke.

Certainly made me realise now that 1,2&3 are not worthy of the franchise.

Will we see a little bit more of Sceilg Mhichíl in the next one?