Crooked councillors

Started by armaghniac, December 07, 2015, 08:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Orior on December 07, 2015, 02:23:21 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 07, 2015, 08:50:57 AM
RTE have a programme with a sting operation with some councillors offering to help for a generous contribution.

Fair play to RTE for doing the legwork here.

They could do the same programme on every occupation and easily flush out crooked people. Why do politicians deserve more spotlight than policemen, doctors, clergy, teachers etc?

Easy, because they frame the laws that we live under and should come under more scrutiny than anyone else, don't like it, no problem, go do something else.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Maguire01

Does this programme indicate that no TDs or Senators fell for the sting?

LeoMc

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 07, 2015, 01:38:19 PM
I always wondered why the last minute u turn in Belfast with regard to the black hacks using the new bus lanes...

Was it not that private taxis were excluded after lobbying for inclusion due to the backlash from the cycling crowd?

armaghniac

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 07, 2015, 01:43:45 PM
QuoteSome, according to Ryan, immediately rebuffed journalists, saying that informal contact in relation to planning permission would be inappropriate or illegal.

It would be good to know who these lads are, too.

People whose relations work in RTE?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on December 07, 2015, 07:04:11 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 07, 2015, 01:43:45 PM
QuoteSome, according to Ryan, immediately rebuffed journalists, saying that informal contact in relation to planning permission would be inappropriate or illegal.

It would be good to know who these lads are, too.

People whose relations work in RTE?
Not at all. There are plenty of politicians who wouldn't entertain this.

trileacman

Whatever about the rest of them and more than likely some of them would have taken the bribe, I think McElvaney did know all along that it was a wind-up and it's evident from the shite he put to them. I mean "Are you going to pay me by the hour or the job?" and "you will have plenty of sterling with you." are clearly something you'd say in jest. Bad as they can be, pure ignorant responses like that to a total stranger are beyond the reach of a Monaghan man.

Joe Queenan on the other hand looks guilty as sin and I'd say by watching you'll appreciate the differences in approach between himself and McElvaney.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mikehunt

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 07, 2015, 06:19:24 PM
Does this programme indicate that no TDs or Senators fell for the sting?

A if RTE would go after the big fish. Dinny Gael are untouchable.

Maguire01

Quote from: trileacman on December 07, 2015, 07:19:43 PM
Whatever about the rest of them and more than likely some of them would have taken the bribe, I think McElvaney did know all along that it was a wind-up and it's evident from the shite he put to them. I mean "Are you going to pay me by the hour or the job?" and "you will have plenty of sterling with you." are clearly something you'd say in jest. Bad as they can be, pure ignorant responses like that to a total stranger are beyond the reach of a Monaghan man.
So, you're totally innocent, yet you say nothing to anyone and let RTE break the story?

trileacman

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 07, 2015, 08:04:20 PM
So, you're totally innocent, yet you say nothing to anyone and let RTE break the story?

Is that what he done? I'd be interested to hear his side of the story, I have seen it reported in no great detail anywhere. Maybe he is guilty but given his tone and choice of language he wouldn't appear to be tentatively taking the thing seriously.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Insider

is it any wonder that so much of the country is under water . All the flood plains that were built on . Just get the levies in . Time to bring in the Dutch . If our councilors, politicians and engineers were in Holland it'd be all under be under water

foxcommander

Quote from: The Insider on December 07, 2015, 09:13:37 PM
is it any wonder that so much of the country is under water . All the flood plains that were built on . Just get the levies in . Time to bring in the Dutch . If our councilors, politicians and engineers were in Holland it'd be all under be under water

It's Irish Waters new way of delivering it's service to your door. This way you can't refuse.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Maguire01

Quote from: trileacman on December 07, 2015, 08:58:02 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 07, 2015, 08:04:20 PM

Is that what he done? I'd be interested to hear his side of the story, I have seen it reported in no great detail anywhere. Maybe he is guilty but given his tone and choice of language he wouldn't appear to be tentatively taking the thing seriously.
Well when did you first hear him talk about it?

muppet

If that was a trap.......well.......the spider just strangled himself with his web.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Is there anybody about that thought it doesn t work this way?