Fr Gerry Reynolds RIP

Started by T Fearon, November 30, 2015, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

You are all falling into his trap. Again.

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 30, 2015, 08:59:30 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 08:57:00 PM
Do you admire the late Fr Gerry Reynolds or not?

I never heard of him.

But I would guess he deserves better than having his passing being used as a stick to beat 'theophobes' by you.
he was a poker player from Culyhanna who ended up in Vegas running marriages in a one hour chapel for lost souls who ran into Hunter S Thompson and went with him South. He established the first GAA club in Honduras. He died peacefully. Flowers if desired to Interflora.

heganboy

Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 09:41:36 PM
This devout Godly man,who along with his colleague the late Fr Alec Reid,was instrumental in the peace process is unheard of,while scum who disgrace the Church,like Brendan Smyth,are world famous.That's the real travesty

Tony,
Maybe posting in the usual thread would have been the sensible thing, along with your fond memories and a few accolades.
However you are deliberately stirring the pot as per usual, we are more than familiar with you stance on the church. You are using Gerry Reynolds passing to make a point, and a fairly crass one at that. I'm not sure the man himself would have been pleased.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Lar Naparka

Yes Tony, I have heard of Gerry Reynolds and the part he, along with Alec Reid and Des Wilson, played in the Peace Process. All honourable and committed Christians who literally put their lives on the line as they went about their work in secret.

I have been told by others involved in peace talks with them that, no matter how badly negotiations may have been going at times, the integrity of any of them was never questioned.
I think all of us who live on this island and should hold those humble individuals in the highest esteem and nobody should use their names to start yet another trolling session on an internet forum.
You sir, are a thundering bollix disgrace and should shut this thread down at once;  at least show some respect for the work of a genuine Christian.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Applesisapples

Ton...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

seafoid

Clonard is right in the middle of one of the flash zones in West Belfast, isn't it, right beside that big wall separating the sides. The priests there must have seen some awful things.

Rossfan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 01, 2015, 11:14:58 AM
I have heard of Gerry Reynolds and the part he, along with Alec Reid and Des Wilson, played in the Peace Process. All honourable and committed Christians who literally put their lives on the line as they went about their work in secret.

I have been told by others involved in peace talks with them that, no matter how badly negotiations may have been going at times, the integrity of any of them was never questioned.
I think all of us who live on this island should hold those humble individuals in the highest esteem and ...... show some respect for the work of a genuine Christian.
+1.
RIP Fr Gerry.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Being a frequent Clonard attendee,I am happy with the generally positive comments on this thread (with the odd exception of course) about the life and work of Fr Gerry Reynolds.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 01, 2015, 06:32:55 PM
Being a frequent Clonard attendee,I am happy with the generally positive comments on this thread (with the odd exception of course) about the life and work of Fr Gerry Reynolds.

Good, now feck off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on December 01, 2015, 11:48:26 AM
I have heard of Gerry Reynolds and the part he, along with Alec Reid and Des Wilson, played in the Peace Process. All honourable and committed Christians who literally put their lives on the line as they went about their work in secret.

I think all of us who live on this island should hold those humble individuals in the highest esteem and ...... show some respect for the work of a genuine Christian.
+1.
RIP Fr Gerry.

+2

Excellent post Lar.

Tony - you are a disgrace and yet again do massive disservice to those things you claim to support.

omaghjoe

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 01, 2015, 08:44:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 01, 2015, 11:48:26 AM

+1.
RIP Fr Gerry.

+2

Excellent post Lar.

Tony - you are a disgrace and yet again do massive disservice to those things you claim to support.

+3
Tony come on now! Do you really think Fr Reynolds would approve of your posts on this? Its really a question for yourself I suppose

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 06:59:51 PM
RIP to the late Fr Gerry Reynolds for his tireless work for peace and reconciliation here,and empathy with the marginalised.
Wouldn't that have been better.

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 01, 2015, 10:26:42 PM
RIP to the late Fr Gerry Reynolds for his tireless work for peace and reconciliation here,and empathy with the marginalised.

Perfect.

TB, maybe you could be Fearon's political and ecumenical advisor?
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on December 01, 2015, 11:15:01 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 01, 2015, 10:26:42 PM

Perfect.

TB, maybe you could be Fearon's political and ecumenical advisor?
He'd need to rob the Credit Union.

T Fearon

The context of my opening post was the clerical bashing that goes on constantly,heavily promoted by a theophobic media and its supporters,who are all too predominant on this Board.

While mourning the loss of Fr Gerry I was also trying to redress the balance and point out the great work that he and the majority of priests do.It seems I have at least motivated some here to google him and find out for themselves about his extraordinary work and qualities,so to that extent I am both vindicated and satisfied that what I set out to do has been successful.