The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beffs

I know they were & they deserve great credit for how far they have come. I've already said that I think they will stay up in Div 1. I was also one of the few people (quite possibly the only one) to predict that they would beat Kerry. ( Where's me medal?  ;D )

I'm just giving reasons as to why I think they may stay up & why they may beat the teams that they may beat....Kerrys poor form in the early rounds & Cork's mental brittleness being examples. So far, McStay seems to have them well set up to take advantages of weaknesses.

Syferus

And FOD too. He was our best senior manager since the earlier nineties tbh so it's a good team by any measure.

Very few counties can run the gauntlet from playing Kilkenney to beating Kerry in league football. One thing Roscommon football never is is boring.

Beffs

And then there's the bus. You can't leave out the bus.  ;D

It will be interesting to see how the 3 week lay off affects them. Will they be able to keep the momentum up for 6 long weeks, as the best teams in the country start to flex their muscles & acquire a bit more pep in their step?

giveballaghback

Ros team named, Purcell and Senan on, D.Murtagh and kilroy on the bench, C. Murtagh captain.

Rossfan

Pursy at CH back.... Could be one problem position solved.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 25, 2016, 11:27:26 PM

He'd decapate a lad sooner than he'd let him by.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on February 26, 2016, 12:35:09 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 25, 2016, 11:27:26 PM

He'd decapate a lad sooner than he'd let him by.
Seànie P is a gentleman and doesn't do things like that.
Leave that kind of thing to certain other Counties ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Syferus

Roscommon 2-13 Cork 1-06

All from play for us. Ten different scorers. Can't say it's been anything but awesome.

Beffs

I don't like to brag, (ah, who am I kidding?  ;D ) but I did call this one. Again.

Drive on and win this one in style now. No more 72nd minute heart attacks please.

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on February 28, 2016, 02:36:22 PM
Roscommon 2-13 Cork 1-06

All from play for us. Ten different scorers. Can't say it's been anything but awesome.

Did ye have the breeze?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on February 28, 2016, 03:00:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 28, 2016, 02:36:22 PM
Roscommon 2-13 Cork 1-06

Did ye have the breeze?

3-15 to 2-07 start of second half now.

We have the footballers.

Edit: 3-18 to 2-07. Something else today.

Edit: 4-21 to 2-07. I can't keep this updated.

Beffs

God help the poor bastard running the official Twitter account. He'll have to stick his hand in a bucket of ice after all this.

seafoid

Syferus

Roscommon 4-25 Cork 3-10 FT.

Something like 4-21 from play from 11 different scorers. The people who thought D1 was coming too soon for us have been proven very wrong. Team fast maturing by getting to play the big boys.