Started by his holiness nb, April 27, 2007, 12:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Antrim

hard to say on both, but cant wait
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Redgreenery

Mayo

Connaught title and to at least make the semi's of the All Ireland.

Rossfan

Hurling - win the Rackard Cup
Football -reach Connacht Final where we'd love to piss on Mayo's parade but won't.
Hope to get to the Quarters but will depend on the draw.
End of season Maughan to go back to Mayo and O'Mahony to manage the County he lives in.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Real Laoislad

Laois

Football- Leinster Champions/All Ireland Semi Final

Hurling- Might turn Offaly over but probably not
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Football - Think we might scrape another Connacht title and maybe make the last 8 yet again (no great feat). Wouldn't be overly confident of that though.

Hurling - Think we might make the semi-finals or possibly final if we avoid Kilkenny long enough.

cloneman

Down

Football -  would love to make the AIQF for first time but doubt it very much.  More likey an early exit from Ulster and possibly a win or 2 in the qualifers depending on a kind draw!

Hurling - Don't care

Farrandeelin

Mayo

Football: I'll put my head on the line and say we'll win Connacht. Don't know about Croke Park anymore

Hurling: Hopefully a respectable postiion in the Christy Ring cup again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath

Football: If we have all our players fit then a path to the Leinster Final is there for the taking. Should get back to an AIQF and put up a better show than last year.

Hurling: Win the Christy Ring again, nothing less will do.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Northside Dub

Dublin

Football: Leinster Champions / AI runner up

Hurling: Lenister Final
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

Fear Boirche

An Dun

Peil: To play more than two matches (whether that be in Ulster or Qualifiers)
Iomainiocht: Ulster final and win Christy Ring

cavanmaniac

Football: We can squeeze past Down as we're at home and never fear the Mourne men anyway, but Monaghan in the next round are on a real roll and would be just too good for us I'd say, just like they were in 1987, 1995, and 2001. ;)

Hurling: A win of any description would be most welcome.

Tyrone Dreamer

Would it be to much to ask for RTE to do a we preview show ahead of the start of the championship? Maybe one is planned but I havent heard of it. I see there's talk of a mid week show, hopefully itll provide a good preview of upcoming matches.

AZOffaly

Offaly

Football.

Realistic Expectations - Beat Carlow. Lose to Dublin (Big assumption they get past Kildare/Meath). Thanks to cat League campaign, no Qualifiers and Tommy Murphy Cup, where, to be honest, who cares?

Hopefully - Beat Carlow. Beat Meath/Kildare/Dublin. Beat Laois in Leinster Final. After that it's gravy.

Hurling

Realistic Expectations - Beat Laois. Lose to Kilkenny (By 5-10 points). Good run in Qualifiers to 1/4 final spot. Shock Galway in 1/4 final. Get beaten by Waterford in Semi.

Hopefully - See above.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 05, 2007, 03:44:50 PM
Would it be to much to ask for RTE to do a we preview show ahead of the start of the championship? Maybe one is planned but I havent heard of it. I see there's talk of a mid week show, hopefully itll provide a good preview of upcoming matches.

Setanta have a decent preview program that is on for an hour. I think it is shown at 6pm on Fridays but i am sure it in repeated numerous times. RTE are pathetic in my opinion, unless you like soccer or Rugby don't expect too much in terms of a preview, both on the TV and their useless Aertel.

Tyrone Dreamer

To right. When you consider that  the gaa has provided rte with their best viewing figures for years its strange how little they put back into marketing the gaa. Their teletext service being a prime example with it being updated on less than a dailly basis. The championship coverage will soon be starting and you'd think theyd be looking to hype the thing up a bit with a preview show. There coverage from October to May is also extremely poor. If there's a market for live AIB rugby on a Saturday then surely an half and a half pure highlights show on a Sunday night for NFL/NHL would get sufficient viwers. I know Sunday sport does show about 12 minutes on a Sunday night from a game but it isnt enough. 3 games should be featured with camera's at other matches.