O Shea for Oz?

Started by giveballaghback, November 24, 2015, 09:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Story going around that Aussies were more than impressed with Aiden O Shea on Saturday evening and approaches are being made, anyone hear anything?

moysider

Bound to be stories.

Realistically bound to be approaches as well. I d be amazed if there wasn t.

Cunny Funt

The exhibition game last Saturday was nicely set up for a big lad like Aidan O Shea to stand out. I don't think he's mobile enough for Aussie rules.

moysider

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 24, 2015, 09:37:38 PM
Story going around that Aussies were more than impressed with Aiden O Shea on Saturday evening and approaches are being made, anyone hear anything?

Bit late now I'd imagine. What is he 25?

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 24, 2015, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on November 24, 2015, 09:37:38 PM

Bit late now I'd imagine. What is he 25?

Yes 25 his last year as a county minor was in 2008.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

I'd imagine he's been looked at before. I m sure he did trials back his teens but could be wrong.

Would not be as good a kicker of a ball as say, Pierce Hanley. He might not be great with that Aussie oval yoke.

A rugby ball is different again I know. But I remember Gavin Duffy being a fairly decent kicker of a gaelic football but his punting of a rugby ball -  for a full -back - was probably the biggest weakness in his game.

Point I'm trying to make is that a different ball could be an issue.

larryin89

Lol, can't believe people are seriously falling for another b/s story from the jealous brigade . Truly shittin their pants now as next year approaches and seein the likes of young Durcan and Douglas flying for castlebar is not sittin well with the Rossies and their vision of Mayo just collapsing in the near future . Deluded beyond comedy at this stage.

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Aye indeed we're just so in awe of the mighty Mayowestros with their 4 All Irelands in the last 5 years ......... :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on November 24, 2015, 10:53:25 PM
I'd imagine he's been looked at before. I m sure he did trials back his teens but could be wrong.

Would not be as good a kicker of a ball as say, Pierce Hanley. He might not be great with that Aussie oval yoke.

A rugby ball is different again I know. But I remember Gavin Duffy being a fairly decent kicker of a gaelic football but his punting of a rugby ball -  for a full -back - was probably the biggest weakness in his game.

Point I'm trying to make is that a different ball could be an issue.
IIRC, he did undergo a few trials around the time he did the Leaving Cert but it seems the pace of the gmme was too fast for him.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

muppet

This is so obviously a wind up.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

muppet

Quote from: moysider on November 25, 2015, 12:15:52 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 24, 2015, 11:59:26 PM

Maybe. I hope so.

It takes a few years just to learn how to kick the ball.

O'Shea isn't some kid out of school, he has a steady job as well.

And just look at the source of the story!
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on November 25, 2015, 12:21:58 AM
Quote from: moysider on November 25, 2015, 12:15:52 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 24, 2015, 11:59:26 PM

Maybe. I hope so.

It takes a few years just to learn how to kick the ball.

O'Shea isn't some kid out of school, he has a steady job as well.

And just look at the source of the story!

I know. Made the point about the ball earlier. Aidan was on the radar for the Aussies for the last 8 years anyway.