French Terrorist Attacks

Started by easytiger95, November 13, 2015, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger95

Quote from: Gmac on November 14, 2015, 12:32:05 AM
How many more of these lunatics haven swarmed over the borders of Europe in the last few months ?
France closes the border when the damage is done, it's a disaster on all fronts

FFS Gmac, I would say the amount of refugees was directly related to the fact that they didn't want to be on the same continent, let alone the same country as these ISIS nutjobs. Syrian refugees, for the most part, were educated, setted people who saw their lives torn apart by war.

Syria needs to be sorted, but given that France, US, UK, and Russia now all have skin in the game, they need to do something at UN security council level. Assad may need to be propped up as an interim measure as a prelude to a national unity government. But after what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan there will be no western boots on the ground unless there is a very clear exit strategy.

easytiger95

This gets weirder and weirder -Eagles of Death Metal were the band playing at the Bataclan tonight - they are the side band of Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. Which means the crowd in the Bataclan were very young. They reckon not many people are coming out alive - at least 100 confirmed dead, the capacity was not much more than that. The band are missing as well.

Gmac

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 14, 2015, 12:37:59 AM
How many more of these lunatics haven swarmed over the borders of Europe in the last few months ?

FFS Gmac, I would say the amount of refugees was directly related to the fact that they didn't want to be on the same continent, let alone the same country as these ISIS nutjobs. Syrian refugees, for the most part, were educated, setted people who saw their lives torn apart by war.

Syria needs to be sorted, but given that France, US, UK, and Russia now all have skin in the game, they need to do something at UN security council level. Assad may need to be propped up as an interim measure as a prelude to a national unity government. But after what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan there will be no western boots on the ground unless there is a very clear exit strategy.
i understand that my point is if there was a million refugees with no screening or background check And 99% of them are genuine that still leaves 1000 of these lunatics that could get through .

moysider

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 14, 2015, 12:37:59 AM

[/b]

I agree with you except for the bit in bold.

Come on! There will be no more talk of exit strategy I imagine.

There has to be boots on the ground and the leaders, cells and individuals have to be hunted down and eliminated one by one.
Known French and British that travelled to Syria cant be allowed back. That wont eliminate the problem. Likes of Spain, France and Britain will be on their toes monitoring internal threats, well, forever most likely.

Puckoon

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 14, 2015, 12:44:58 AM
This gets weirder and weirder -Eagles of Death Metal were the band playing at the Bataclan tonight - they are the side band of Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. Which means the crowd in the Bataclan were very young. They reckon not many people are coming out alive - at least 100 confirmed dead, the capacity was not much more than that. The band are missing as well.

The band, and the supporting act (The Deftones) are safe, according to the Eagles of Death Metal band page.

This is just a shocking evening, and the terror has reached unprecedented levels. Nuts.

moysider

Quote from: Puckoon on November 14, 2015, 01:01:14 AM
Quote from: easytiger95 on November 14, 2015, 12:44:58 AM

The band, and the supporting act (The Deftones) are safe, according to the Eagles of Death Metal band page.

This is just a shocking evening, and the terror has reached unprecedented levels. Nuts.

Not all band and crew accounted for and 120  fatalities reported in that location alone.

Cities like Paris, Madrid and London have been on high alert for some time. Yet in spite of their intelligence data, the fact that something like this still happens is going to change a lot imo. 

There is no talking out of this. That is obvious. Those taking hostages in the theatre were never going to talk and come out alive and go to gaol. What we have here are 'soldiers', for a cause. 

Puckoon

UPDATE #7: Emily Dorio, wife of Eagles Of Death Metal drummer Julian, says band are all safe. All members of Deftones are safe!

A life is a life I suppose, so it seems surreal to 'argue' the fate of one or more specific people with all that carnage, but the account on their page suggests they are all safe and at a local police station.

moysider

Quote from: Puckoon on November 14, 2015, 01:31:13 AM
UPDATE #7: Emily Dorio, wife of Eagles Of Death Metal drummer Julian, says band are all safe. All members of Deftones are safe!

A life is a life I suppose, so it seems surreal to 'argue' the fate of one or more specific people with all that carnage, but the account on their page suggests they are all safe and at a local police station.

A bit of good news at least.

It appears that hostages were being killed one by one. Others phoned out for help and when the 'gendarmes' started chucking in stun grenades, the soldiers started throwing grenades into the crowd of hostages. 120 casualties in that theatre alone. Awful. But there will be posters here tomorrow trying to justify it.

armaghniac

Solidarity.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

moysider

Quote from: armaghniac on November 14, 2015, 01:46:58 AM
Solidarity.

Hopefully not just a meaningless gesture.

Lets be real here. This is not Red Brigade/ Baader Meinhof stuff from the 70s. This is different. It's as close as Pearl Harbour as you can get from  a group that haven t an established political and military entity. This is their way of fighting the war, but it is a war. They are not going to go away either.
Hollande closing border was a gesture. Nothing more. Clearly their intelligence as regards their endemic radicals has failed them and Hollande himself will be remembered as the President that allowed this to happen. That is huge. The criticism is happening already. I expect Britain to go on the ultra alert now as well. They have to.
But they have to go in with boots on the ground. This event shows that it cannot be managed from within.

gallsman

This is all bluster and rhetoric. ISIS has tentacles all over the place now. Affiliate groups in north Africa. What f**king impact will troops on the ground in Syria have if this turns out to be five French citizens, perhaps of Algerian descent? Or Moroccan decent? Or maybe from west Africa? An enormous proportion of French citizens are Muslim - that is a consequence of France's colonial past and is a an unchangeable fact. Mass war in Syria will have no impact on people like that.

Gmac - as pointed out, the Charlie Hebdo attackers were French. They might have been Muslims, but that does not make them any less French. These lads were probably French too. This is nothing to do with immigration.

stew

Quote from: moysider on November 14, 2015, 02:12:50 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 14, 2015, 01:46:58 AM
Solidarity.

Hopefully not just a meaningless gesture.

Lets be real here. This is not Red Brigade/ Baader Meinhof stuff from the 70s. This is different. It's as close as Pearl Harbour as you can get from  a group that haven t an established political and military entity. This is their way of fighting the war, but it is a war. They are not going to go away either.
Hollande closing border was a gesture. Nothing more. Clearly their intelligence as regards their endemic radicals has failed them and Hollande himself will be remembered as the President that allowed this to happen. That is huge. The criticism is happening already. I expect Britain to go on the ultra alert now as well. They have to.
But they have to go in with boots on the ground. This event shows that it cannot be managed from within.

I am in mourning for the dead and their families, I am in mourning for the innocent Muslim people who will be killed because of the actions of these terrorists, but I am angry that the far right in the USA will benefit from this atrocity, this is a game changer people, sanctuary cities are fecked and Clinton must be shitting herself, the big winner in the USA tonight is the NRA and that makes my f**king blood boil, make no mistake, I want the left the f**k out of office but not like this.

Donald Trump must be having multiple orgasms right now and that makes me sick to my stomach, I want a conservative government to be sure, that said I want it to be fpor the right reasons and people, this is not it!

I will also say this, Clinton lost the presidency tonight, she will probably wim the democratic nomination but fear will be sowed in the hearts and minds of the American people after this seismic shock and you all can forget gun reform, the fact is tonight is a great night if you are a Trump fan, one last thing, To the president of the USA I would say this, thank you for containing ISIS, I know not where we would be without you vigilance you absolute horror story!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Newt Gingrich was straight off the mark for turning it into a pro-gun piece of spin.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: moysider on November 14, 2015, 02:12:50 AM
I expect Britain to go on the ultra alert now as well.

They've been on alert for a while. I heard that they thought an attack was likely within weeks, and that was a few weeks ago.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: gallsman on November 14, 2015, 03:38:07 AM
Newt Gingrich was straight off the mark for turning it into a pro-gun piece of spin.

American conservatives have been gloating all evening. It'd make you sick.