International Rules Squad

Started by WT4E, November 11, 2015, 12:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Line Ball

Good man Joe saving Ireland after some dodgy calls at the other end - Brogan again wouldn't pass.

Zulu

What are you taking about? Brogan was excellent. Will someone please do something about Martin Carney!!!

thebuzz

It mightn't mean much to some but very impressed with all the Aussies wearing the Irish shirts the right way out. I hate seeing players wearing opposition shirts inside out. Just something that annoys me.

armaghniac

While the game is a bit strange, it is great to see Brogan, O"Shea and McManus playing together

Quote from: Zulu on November 21, 2015, 08:50:04 PM
What are you taking about? Brogan was excellent. Will someone please do something about Martin Carney!!!

Very much so.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

StGallsGAA

But for the regular drug tests you'd think the Dublin players would be suited to professional sports!  ;)

BennyCake

It looks like the Aussies won  ffs.

Zulu

It isn't any players main aim but that was an enjoyable game and something it's great to have for our players. Long may it continue.

bridgegael

Gary Brennan was excellent tonight. Really stood up the last ten mins.  Enjoyable game
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

5 Sams

What will Mickey Harte moan about now. That was great entertainment and it looks like it will be going to America as well.
The Aristocrat Years

OgraAnDun

Some of his shooting was excellent but I also thought he had a problem with being able to pass the ball.

Kernan_is_King

Well done Ireland, you need a Cross' man to provide some leadership and make good men great.  I think the GAA should consider his bigness for the intergalactic competion.
Big Joe - Big Future!

T Fearon

As a teenager Joe Kernan was all set to emigrate to Australia,when his father died unexpectedly,at which stage he decided to stay at home with his mother,and change the course of history

Zulu

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 21, 2015, 09:30:21 PM

Some of his shooting was excellent but I also thought he had a problem with being able to pass the ball.

Don't know about that in fairness. You don't want a killer marksman to be a team player. I didn't think he was selfish, he is there to finish and he did. One of the best footballers in Ireland.

Line Ball

Your 'killer marksman' on at least four occasions had men in better positions for 6 or 3 pointers but always went for the selfish option, his own score, and it nearly cost Ireland in the long run. As someone else said, 'a selfish wee bollix.'

From the Bunker

Watched tonight's game from the 3rd quarter on. Harmless bit of entertainment possibly ruined by Martin Carney's co-commentary. He's a gas man and sounded well to the Aussie audience. Brogan was a bit greedy! But sure tonight was about showing your wares. He's a top player and top players go for goal when they get a chance. Also with the Aussie Keeper is makey up with little or no experience of keeping goal so having a go has to be priority.