SDLP and Sinn Fein endorse gay marriage.

Started by T Fearon, November 03, 2015, 08:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

He must have used the other hand to spice things up a bit.

MoChara

Quote from: gallsman on November 05, 2015, 01:05:52 PM
He must have used the other hand to spice things up a bit.

Surely a good christian won't dare try anything left handed?

T Fearon

So a person isn't allowed to change his views then,after the benefit of hindsight and new experiences? Bummer I'm sure you wouldn't post on the NI Tourist Board website nowadays appealing for Fermanagh supporters to come out en masse to support their team? Surely you have more sense nowadays?

deiseach

I've finally worked out where I've seen Fearon's reactionary views before.

QuoteMaria Duce (Latin for "[with] Mary [as our] Leader") was a small ultra-conservative Catholic group in Ireland, founded in 1945 by Fr Denis Fahey.

The group's principal aim was to embed Catholic doctrine in the legal structure of the Irish state, including recognition of the Catholic Church as the established church of Ireland, as it had been in Spain until 1931. This latter step had been contemplated during the drafting of Éamon de Valera's 1937 Constitution of Ireland, but it was ultimately rejected in recognition of the obstacle posed by Ireland's relatively large Protestant minority. It did emphasise the "special position" of the church, with no specific legal entitlements.

Though Maria Duce's membership probably did not much exceed one hundred, its monthly journal Fiat enjoyed a fairly wide circulation in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The movement was not encouraged by the Irish bishops, who viewed its extremism with suspicion and desired not to become associated with Fr. Fahey's writings and statements. It was ordered to change its name by the Church authorities in 1955, a year after Fahey's death, by the Archbishop of Dublin, John Charles McQuaid (a former pupil of Fahey's and a fellow member of the Holy Ghost Fathers), in order to make it clear that it did not have official Church approval. As Fírinne [Irish for "truth"] it remained in existence until the early 1970s, publishing FIAT and organising pilgrimages to Fr. Fahey's grave in the belief that he would one day be canonised as a saint

Applesisapples

Quote from: winghalfun on November 05, 2015, 12:53:48 PM
QuoteThe Old Testament is an indispensable part of Sacred Scripture. Its books are divinely inspired and retain a permanent value, for the Old Covenant has never been revoked.
Indeed, "the economy of the Old Testament was deliberately so oriented that it should prepare for and declare in prophecy the coming of Christ, redeemer of all men." "Even though they contain matters imperfect and provisional," the books of the Old Testament bear witness to the whole divine pedagogy of God's saving love: these writings "are a storehouse of sublime teaching on God and of sound wisdom on human life, as well as a wonderful treasury of prayers; in them, too, the mystery of our salvation is present in a hidden way."
Christians venerate the Old Testament as true Word of God. The Church has always vigorously opposed the idea of rejecting the Old Testament under the pretext that the New has rendered it void

This is from the Catholic Church Catechism and I would like to think that most right thinking people who do happen to follow the Catholic faith would have reason to understand this very clear disclaimer.
but Christ distanced himself from many aspects of the Old testament.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 05, 2015, 07:22:23 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 05, 2015, 05:14:17 AM
I hope all you Christians hate your parents, as Jesus commanded.

http://biblehub.com/luke/14-26.htm

Its not an instruction manual, its a reference which helps to derive theology/doctrine, and certainly everything should not be taken as explicit (at least in the Catholic church).

As for the quote... one of Jesus's main means of portraying his message was with the use of metaphor.

Why does TF be used as a launch pad for church bashing? Its perfectly obvious that he has no understanding of church theology, or that his over fixation on some doctrine is in direct contradiction of other more important doctrine.

Yes, I'd imagine it probably was a metaphor.  Of course, once it is agreed that certain passages in the bible cannot be taken literally, but must instead be subject to interpretation, it becomes a bit awkward to say the bits that one happens to agree with are literal truths and/or unalterable moral laws. 

laoislad

Quote from: T Fearon on November 05, 2015, 02:17:39 PM
So a person isn't allowed to change his views then,after the benefit of hindsight and new experiences? Bummer I'm sure you wouldn't post on the NI Tourist Board website nowadays appealing for Fermanagh supporters to come out en masse to support their team? Surely you have more sense nowadays?
Nevermind that. What about this shag you had in Meath?
Surely a devout man like you wouldn't be having sex before marriage.
What was his name?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Franko

Tony Fearon has the whole lot in a flap yet again.  His talents as a WUM can only but be admired!

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2015, 10:38:27 PM
I wouldn't get hung up on fundamentalist beliefs.

Its the way I tell them. Frank Carson, BBC News, Portadown

smelmoth

Quote from: BennyCake on November 05, 2015, 01:52:10 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on November 04, 2015, 09:00:53 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 03, 2015, 09:27:44 PM
I don't agree with SS marriage but it's not for religious reasons. I just don't agree with it or think it should happen. Can't me what you want but I'm entitled to my opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion but can you tell us what its based on?

If you had said "i don't think blacks should be allowed into the country but it's not for religious reasons. I just don't agree with it or think it should happen" I would pose the same question to you.

It's unnatural. It's not how nature intended. As I said, sign what they like but it ain't a marriage.

Who exactly did nature intend marriage to be between?????? This is crazy stuff. You are happy enough for consenting adults to commit to each other for life and to get a piece of paper confirming this. You object to them calling it marriage because at that point it offends nature. Not even Tony in all his monumental fcukwittery has come out with something as stupi as that

T Fearon

Marriage is naturally between members of the opposite sex,that is the natural order,it is very obvious,that's why God created separate genders.Any other scenario is unnatural,without any religious perspective

BennyCake

Quote from: smelmoth on November 05, 2015, 07:16:33 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 05, 2015, 01:52:10 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on November 04, 2015, 09:00:53 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 03, 2015, 09:27:44 PM
I don't agree with SS marriage but it's not for religious reasons. I just don't agree with it or think it should happen. Can't me what you want but I'm entitled to my opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion but can you tell us what its based on?

If you had said "i don't think blacks should be allowed into the country but it's not for religious reasons. I just don't agree with it or think it should happen" I would pose the same question to you.

It's unnatural. It's not how nature intended. As I said, sign what they like but it ain't a marriage.

Who exactly did nature intend marriage to be between?????? This is crazy stuff. You are happy enough for consenting adults to commit to each other for life and to get a piece of paper confirming this. You object to them calling it marriage because at that point it offends nature. Not even Tony in all his monumental fcukwittery has come out with something as stupi as that

Conventional marriage between a man and a woman, leads to children (usually). It's a natural union, the same as in nature because it works well. Man forages for food while woman fluffs the nest and looks after the brood. Old fashioned yes, but it's essentially what life is all about. For animals and humans. Gays can't naturally do this. Therefore it is unnatural.

But of course when this SS marriage is approved, then it's ivf, surrogates, adoption for gay couples, and in my opinion that is totally wrong.

laoislad

Quote from: T Fearon on November 05, 2015, 07:22:19 PM
Marriage is naturally between members of the opposite sex,that is the natural order,it is very obvious,that's why God created separate genders.Any other scenario is unnatural,without any religious perspective
What about the leg over you got in Summer hill?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

T Fearon

Long since dispensed to adolescent foolishness.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 05, 2015, 07:37:22 PM
Long since dispensed to adolescent foolishness.

Aa long as you said 10 hail Mary's and 5 our fathers you'd be fine... What were we thinking ffs! You couldn't make it up... Anyone still go to confession anymore??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea