Author Topic: Brexit.  (Read 259083 times)

armaghniac

• View Profile
Re: Brexit.
« Reply #3810 on: February 09, 2018, 09:32:46 AM »
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #3812 on: February 09, 2018, 09:51:22 AM »
Sure the Brits say everything will be grand on the night......
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: February 09, 2018, 09:52:16 AM »
Good news now we need the Duppers to bring home a no sea border and make the north the largest trading portal in Europe. Or am I getting ahead of myself

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: February 09, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
Sammy Wilson's face will get redder, if that's possible

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: February 09, 2018, 02:53:08 PM »
Barnier playing bad cop again

The EU's chief Brexit negotiator has repeated that a UK decision to leave the single market and customs union would make Irish border checks "unavoidable".

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: February 09, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »
If NI remains in the single market, will the SNP want the same for Scotland?
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: February 09, 2018, 03:45:25 PM »
If NI remains in the single market, will the SNP want the same for Scotland?

Is the Pope a Catholic?
Do Bears defecate in the woods?
Does Fearon wind people up?
Is Sammy Wilson a bigot?

However, we have the Irish sea on our side.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: February 09, 2018, 04:38:52 PM »
The DUP want a hard Brexit. 17% cut to GDP.
Someone is funding them to support this because what they want is not good for NI.
Jaysus would you shtop

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: February 09, 2018, 05:03:51 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/09/lack-of-migrant-workers-left-food-rotting-in-uk-fields-last-year-data-reveals

Fruit and vegetable farms across the UK were left short of thousands of migrant workers in 2017, leaving some produce to rot in the fields and farmers suffering big losses.

More than 4,300 vacancies went unfilled, according to new survey data from the National Farmers Union (NFU), which covers about half the horticultural labour market. The survey, seen exclusively by the Guardian, shows more than 99% of the seasonal workers recruited came from eastern Europe, with just 0.6% from the UK.

Since the vote to leave the European Union in 2016, growers have warned repeatedly of damaging labour shortages, with recruiters reporting that Brexit has created the perception among foreign workers that the UK is xenophobic and racist.

The government, which has pledged to reduce immigration, has so far rejected calls to reinstate a seasonal agricultural workers scheme (Saws). Facing uncertainty over labour, some farmers have begun moving their production overseas.

Jaysus would you shtop

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: February 09, 2018, 06:48:20 PM »
Someone is funding them to support this because what they want is not good for NI.

Jesus ! They ainít going along with this if there wasnít coin in it for them too! Confusing their voters has worked for years while they make money of the back of previous and current money scandals! But if you put a loaf of bread on head or carry bolt cutters in your boot then resigning is the least you can do!

In all seriousness though, and I piss about on Brexit as Iíve got on with things that are ultimately out of my control and harping on here about wonít change things, but if the their voters canít see how stupid they are then we are doomed!

I think the shiners and SDLP should all vote for a hard Brexit and start flying Israelís flag it might work!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: February 09, 2018, 07:33:08 PM »

Jesus ! They ainít going along with this if there wasnít coin in it for them too! Confusing their voters has worked for years while they make money of the back of previous and current money scandals! But if you put a loaf of bread on head or carry bolt cutters in your boot then resigning is the least you can do!

In all seriousness though, and I piss about on Brexit as Iíve got on with things that are ultimately out of my control and harping on here about wonít change things, but if the their voters canít see how stupid they are then we are doomed!

I think the shiners and SDLP should all vote for a hard Brexit and start flying Israelís flag it might work!
They still.remember Lundy. Brexit is a bigger betrayal.
Jaysus would you shtop

johnneycool

« Reply #3822 on: February 09, 2018, 11:15:06 PM »

TBH l don't think there's coin in it for the DUP or even their supporters, I think they are so blinded by political dogma that they are only too keen to bite their noses off to spite their faces.

Economic lunacy.....

heganboy

• well hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: February 10, 2018, 01:42:19 AM »
Very possibly political lunacy too, of maybe political suicide
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: February 14, 2018, 07:29:38 AM »

Nail on head.

If Gerry Lou was to come out and say SF don't want a border poll and they don't want Stormont up and running we would have both before the year is out.

An ILA was never one of SF's original red lines but as soon as they threw their weight behind the campaign an ILA became a red line for the fleggers and then the DUP.