Author Topic: Brexit.  (Read 127490 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit.
« Reply #2700 on: April 18, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »
Brave move by May, have to admire her arrogance on this, will finally put brexit to bed and whether or not she got in as PM on the back of Cameron resigning...

Think it will go her way, Scotland though will have a chance through the polls to gauge where they stand should a referendum is going to work!

As for us it's a negative, unionist voters will be out, deals being done, while the nationalists stay away from London (mainly due to not taking up seats) and not representing their voters!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 18, 2017, 05:28:35 PM »
With a large working majority May can tell the DUP she doesn't need their sycophancy and grovelling.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 18, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »
Sadly i think that dup majority is coming back and the sickening arrogance we regularly see from foster will be on view :(

I don't see may losing this at all. The election will *probably* illustrate ukip are dead and corbyn will not lead a party to victory. The main interesting spot is scotland and seeing where they sit.

If labour take a hammering corbyn will likely be gone.

It would be nice were may to not sweep to victory as she probably thinks she will.

CiKe

• View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: April 18, 2017, 06:01:02 PM »
GBP  is stronger against the eur. FT analysis suggest this means soft brexit as May wont have to kowtow to hardliners. Her support for remain was only evera lukewarm, I am a bit worried she is closet hardliner herself.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: April 21, 2017, 04:23:44 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/apr/21/uk-retail-surge-brexit-comes-to-an-end-ons

The strong recovery on Britain’s high streets after last year’s Brexit vote appears to be over, with retail sales figures for the first quarter showing the biggest drop in purchases in the last seven years.

The Office for National Statistics said UK retail sales fell 1.4% in the first three months of 2017, the biggest quarterly fall since 2010.
Last of the choc-ices there now

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:22 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/apr/21/uk-retail-surge-brexit-comes-to-an-end-ons

The strong recovery on Britain’s high streets after last year’s Brexit vote appears to be over, with retail sales figures for the first quarter showing the biggest drop in purchases in the last seven years.

The Office for National Statistics said UK retail sales fell 1.4% in the first three months of 2017, the biggest quarterly fall since 2010.

Phew!! I'm sure you're happy now!!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: April 28, 2017, 05:24:18 AM »

https://www.ft.com/content/f4c720b0-2b63-11e7-bc4b-5528796fe35c

European leaders are preparing to recognise the potential for a “united Ireland” within the EU, confirming that Northern Ireland would seamlessly rejoin the bloc after Brexit in the event of a vote for Irish reunification.

In a step that may stoke concerns in Britain that Brexit could hasten the fragmentation of the UK, diplomats are planning to ask leaders of the EU’s 27 post-Brexit member countries to endorse the idea in a summit on Saturday.

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: April 28, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »

European leaders are preparing to recognise the potential for a “united Ireland” within the EU, confirming that Northern Ireland would seamlessly rejoin the bloc after Brexit in the event of a vote for Irish reunification.

In a step that may stoke concerns in Britain that Brexit could hasten the fragmentation of the UK, diplomats are planning to ask leaders of the EU’s 27 post-Brexit member countries to endorse the idea in a summit on Saturday.

This from the Guardian...no paywall

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/27/eu-to-debate-recognising-united-ireland-to-allow-swift-return-for-north

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: April 28, 2017, 11:51:38 AM »

This from the Guardian...no paywall

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/27/eu-to-debate-recognising-united-ireland-to-allow-swift-return-for-north

I'd expect Nichola Sturgeon to make use of this GDR clause when the time comes to coax Scots back into the EU.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: April 28, 2017, 12:03:16 PM »
Sadly i think that dup majority is coming back and the sickening arrogance we regularly see from foster will be on view :(

I don't see may losing this at all. The election will *probably* illustrate ukip are dead and corbyn will not lead a party to victory. The main interesting spot is scotland and seeing where they sit.

It would be nice were may to not sweep to victory as she probably thinks she will.

With any f@@kin luck he will be  >:(

maddog

• View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: April 28, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: April 28, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »

Corbyn is the only one standing up for workers.
The Tories will help the rich.
If the Tories get in again it will be another example of workers voting against their own interests.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: April 28, 2017, 01:58:57 PM »

When If the Tories get in again it will be another example of workers voting against their own interests.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: April 28, 2017, 02:38:13 PM »

If the Tories get in again it will be another example of workers voting against their own interests.

He is standing up for no one if he cant get elected.
He is a liability and the Labour party under him will not get into power.

All well and good to stand from the sidelines and shout the odds, sure any man on here could do that.
Its another thing to get elected and get to implement your ideas.

He should have gone long ago

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: April 28, 2017, 02:55:00 PM »

He is standing up for no one if he cant get elected.
He is a liability and the Labour party under him will not get into power.

All well and good to stand from the sidelines and shout the odds, sure any man on here could do that.
Its another thing to get elected and get to implement your ideas.

He should have gone long ago

He is the only one saying how the economy is run. the press arte against him because of this.

the Tories are selling Brexit which means :
-  no funding for the NHS or the elderly,
- breaking of Tory manifesto promises
- continued contributions to the EU budget
- zero control of immigration
- adherence to EU rules
- can't have cake and eat it
- no quick and easy trade deals with the rest of the world

Corbyn says "the rules have created a cosy cartel, which rigs the system in favour of a few powerful and wealthy individuals and corporations. It’s a rigged system set up by the wealth extractors for the wealth extractors.
But things can, and they will, change. And Labour in this election will be part of a movement of the British people to make that change.
How dare they crash the economy with their recklessness and greed, and then punish those who had nothing to do with it?
We will overturn this rigged system. The Conservatives will never do that"

Maybe when Brexit crashes people will join the dots.