seafoid

This could be lethal for the leave side
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

I didnt know Nigel Dodds was one of the leading lights on the leave side

armaghniac

Usual sectarian pattern in the sick counties
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/eu-referendum/eu-referendum-growing-support-in-northern-ireland-for-brexit-but-balance-of-power-lies-with-the-undecided-34815075.html

What I don't get is why? Even if your ancestors arrived in the 17th century and you are in everything going from the Orange order to the NI Supporters club, why would you destabilise the place? Geography means that whatever its political links that NI will always have more trade with the 26 counties and more agriculture than GB. Whether you would like the border sealed off or not, you should be able to recognise that the people living near that border will not be happy with this and kicking things off again benefits nobody. Imagine if it was a narrow Leave, and Scotland fecked off as a consequence, and the Leave margin was accounted for by people following the malign guidance of the DUP who had effectively broken up the UK!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

The DUP are incoherent.  I blame the prod brain drain. English nationalism is driving Brexit . English nationalism is the enemy of unionism.

seafoid

44 v 44 per the FT 12 unknown
I think in the Scottish referendum there was a surge towards  remain in the last 24 hours. People don't like venturing into the unknown when push comes to shove.

Canalman

A comfortable yes vote imo  54% to 46%.

Have to say, I have been impressed with Cameron in the campaign. Saw an interview at the weekend with Corbyn ( first time hearing him|)  and was also impressed. Underestimate him at your peril. 

Bigger pond I know, but there seems to be a better calibre of politician over there.

armaghniac

Quote from: Canalman on June 20, 2016, 12:36:36 PM

Have to say, I have been impressed with Cameron in the campaign. Saw an interview at the weekend with Corbyn ( first time hearing him|)  and was also impressed. Underestimate him at your peril. 

Bigger pond I know, but there seems to be a better calibre of politician over there.

Anything less than 53% to 47% will imply an actual Leave majority in voters resident in England and would not be very stable. Voters in Scotland, NI and ex-pats will be clearly Remain, and that's about 8 million voters. Wales might be soft Remain as well so even 46.5% Leave might still imply a marginal Leave majority in England.

Over the Bar

Normally I can't stand the guy but Cameron on Question Time last night gave the performance of his career last night.  Impressive.

stew

Quote from: AQMP on June 20, 2016, 12:48:15 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2016, 12:42:45 PM

Anything less than 53% to 47% will imply an actual Leave majority in voters resident in England and would not be very stable. Voters in Scotland, NI and ex-pats will be clearly Remain, and that's about 8 million voters. Wales might be soft Remain as well so even 46.5% Leave might still imply a marginal Leave majority in England.

I'd be happy enough if England left and the rest of us stayed!  My gut tells me that Remain will get home more comfortably than some of the media and polls suggest.  I'd say there'll be a swing to the status quo in the last 24-48 hours.
[/quote

They will win going away.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 20, 2016, 12:55:50 PM
Normally I can't stand the guy but Cameron on Question Time last night gave the performance of his career last night.  Impressive.

Yep very impressed with how he handles questions, very clued up on everything (as you'd hope) financially staying in or leaving what's best if you work private sector??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2016, 05:45:31 PM

Yep very impressed with how he handles questions, very clued up on everything (as you'd hope) financially staying in or leaving what's best if you work private sector??

If you want NI to return to 1972, then vote out.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2016, 12:42:45 PM

Until thatcherism.is euthanised UK politics will be extremely volatile.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2016, 06:07:21 PM

Was a great year! God I'm old
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2016, 11:01:14 PM

You don't get the music back. Only these c***s

No wides

Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2016, 11:59:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2016, 11:01:14 PM

You don't get the music back. Only these c***s

Clegg out all out, I think leave will win.