Author Topic: Brexit.  (Read 814795 times)

mouview

• View Profile
Re: Brexit.
« Reply #9765 on: February 06, 2021, 09:38:26 PM »

RedHand88

• View Profile

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: February 06, 2021, 09:57:01 PM »
So in Larne the unions who were supposed to be the ones raising concerns about alleged threats to workers leading to it’s shutdown. The unions are disputing this. Is this more shit stirring but the dup??

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: February 06, 2021, 10:20:47 PM »
So in Larne the unions who were supposed to be the ones raising concerns about alleged threats to workers leading to it’s shutdown. The unions are disputing this. Is this more shit stirring but the dup??

I think there should be serious investigation into what happened with this - all of it.

Was there any threats or did the council, in conjunction with Poots, do a uni-lateral move here?

This needs investigating - surely a good investigative journalist should be straight onto this?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: February 06, 2021, 10:23:03 PM »
I hope to see more on it. They really are shit stirring and need to be caught out on it.

The question for me is who was behind that shitshow on the ormeau road and what were the police even doing there.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: February 06, 2021, 10:29:13 PM »

Yes, I think this threat towards port staff was made up by the unionist parties.

They want customs posts at the border. NI to have a wall built around it. To hell with cross border trade, businesses, farmers and the north’s economy! NI is british. No surrender!!

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: February 06, 2021, 10:33:31 PM »
This last week really does raise so many questions here between impartiality of psni, divisive rhetoric on brexit, taking staff out of those ports for their own safety etc. It would be fine to say some people haven’t moved on but the psni move at this particular time I find very worrying. The dup are going to resort to division as it is the only way they will survive and they will do that even if it costs lives. We know that well by now. The psni should be impartial. It is a very worrying development that business on the ormeau road.

Why are people constantly surprised at the PSNI antics?

They are a British police force in a British statelet. They push the British agenda. A new name and uniform means diddly squat. Even if there was 90/10 Catholic majority in the ranks, they’d still be told to push the British agenda. They are no different to the old RUC. Not one bit.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #9772 on: February 06, 2021, 11:34:15 PM »
Division 2 Champions and Connacht Champions (Minor)

Mikhail Prokhorov

• View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: February 07, 2021, 12:10:12 AM »
This last week really does raise so many questions here between impartiality of psni, divisive rhetoric on brexit, taking staff out of those ports for their own safety etc. It would be fine to say some people haven’t moved on but the psni move at this particular time I find very worrying. The dup are going to resort to division as it is the only way they will survive and they will do that even if it costs lives. We know that well by now. The psni should be impartial. It is a very worrying development that business on the ormeau road.

Why are people constantly surprised at the PSNI antics?

They are a British police force in a British statelet. They push the British agenda. A new name and uniform means diddly squat. Even if there was 90/10 Catholic majority in the ranks, they’d still be told to push the British agenda. They are no different to the old RUC. Not one bit.

i concur, though all members of the psni are unionists regardless of their religion

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: February 09, 2021, 01:58:52 PM »
George Eustace sends a great (begging) letter to the EU complaining about the banning of their shellfish, mollusks and whatever and needing to be reminded that in 2011 it was the UK Gov when in the EU requested and got a ban on the very same commodities coming into the EU from "third" countries.

Now that the UK is a third country they're banned by their own law.

As I say, thick as shít.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: February 09, 2021, 02:12:56 PM »
I think there needs to be serious questions asked of MEA council, let's not forget they have form here with that said party and high ranking officials in the council.

So once the investigation starts with Poots I would be throwing the leadership of the council in along with it. IMO it is no coincidence that the council reacted in the way they did.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: February 12, 2021, 01:41:33 AM »
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

restorepride

• View Profile

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: February 12, 2021, 06:08:30 PM »
Is there any chance that if the protocol was scrapped that it would be worse for unionists?

I don’t know enough about the intricacies of it but would love to see it all blow up in their bakes!!!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: February 12, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »
I don’t think they have the power to get it scrapped.