Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on December 09, 2020, 12:38:27 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 08, 2020, 11:45:31 PM
I'd interpret it as a desperated last ditch attempt at cramming by Johnson to salvage a deal. What ever has been offered by the Westminister government  so far has been firmly rejected. I don't imagine he'll get anywhere with a final appeal to Ursula  unless everything that is left to concede is conceded.

They will both have to make concessions it'll be up to us/the media to decide who gave up the most and who is the winner and loser then and it will follow on from that.

Farage and the ERG won't want any kind of concession however small so Boris will have the same trouble with them as befell both his predecessors!! Also he's not as smart as VDL so difficult to see how he can pull a win out of this.

I don't really care who wins or loses as long as the economic impact can be minimised I just want it over at this stage it massively effects my work and once we know what happens we can make adjustments and crack on. Fingers crossed!

Boris doesn't need the ERG or the DUP so his hand is stronger in terms of what he can get through parliament.

I think there'll be a compromise on fishing, the French/EU boats will be allowed into GB waters but reduced quota's (how that's managed is for another day) and the British boats will be allowed tariff free access to the EU market for fish.

The fleg wavers might protest at loss of sovereignty but the big fish processors will see they've won a bit of ground.

No point in having the ability to fish all your own waters and nowhere to sell it.

State aid is a bit of a red herring for the Tories as they never really ever did it other than the banks.

armaghniac

Sterling is inching upwards today against the €uro. This suggests that the markets think that it is all over bar the signing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: johnnycool on December 09, 2020, 11:11:19 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 09, 2020, 12:38:27 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 08, 2020, 11:45:31 PM
I'd interpret it as a desperated last ditch attempt at cramming by Johnson to salvage a deal. What ever has been offered by the Westminister government  so far has been firmly rejected. I don't imagine he'll get anywhere with a final appeal to Ursula  unless everything that is left to concede is conceded.

They will both have to make concessions it'll be up to us/the media to decide who gave up the most and who is the winner and loser then and it will follow on from that.

Farage and the ERG won't want any kind of concession however small so Boris will have the same trouble with them as befell both his predecessors!! Also he's not as smart as VDL so difficult to see how he can pull a win out of this.

I don't really care who wins or loses as long as the economic impact can be minimised I just want it over at this stage it massively effects my work and once we know what happens we can make adjustments and crack on. Fingers crossed!

Boris doesn't need the ERG or the DUP so his hand is stronger in terms of what he can get through parliament.

I think there'll be a compromise on fishing, the French/EU boats will be allowed into GB waters but reduced quota's (how that's managed is for another day) and the British boats will be allowed tariff free access to the EU market for fish.

The fleg wavers might protest at loss of sovereignty but the big fish processors will see they've won a bit of ground.

No point in having the ability to fish all your own waters and nowhere to sell it.

State aid is a bit of a red herring for the Tories as they never really ever did it other than the banks.
Afaia fishing is not a part of the impasse,  according to Merkel the remaining issues are to do with the main stumbling block of future regulations. Ursula has no EU mandate to negotiate with PM Johnson. If Johnson wants to conclude a deal, Britain will probably have to concede least 90% from where they stand now on the issue and afterwards Johnson do what he always does  lie/spoof and claim credit for the best patriotic deal for Great Britain.   

bennydorano

Fishing is a bit of a false flag, LPL and Governance are where it's at.

Oddschecker has a deal at 8/15 and no deal at 11/8. I'd be taking the 11/8 atm.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

While overall it is very worrying I am enjoying Unionists and Loyalists collectively losing their minds in the knowledge the UK have completely shafted them.

I mean they're giving them absolutely nothing from this they've nothing to hang their hat on at all it's all slipping away!

Main Street

The news letter's  deputy editor  Basil Bigot  was on rte1 this morning, the poor man was a blabbering wreck.
He was muttering  with a supressed air of disbelief, that the news  of 4 border posts being constructed between NI and Britain were for "sanitary and phytosanitary checks".

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Main Street on December 09, 2020, 09:02:21 PM
The news letter's  deputy editor  Basil Bigot  was on rte1 this morning, the poor man was a blabbering wreck.
He was muttering  with a supressed air of disbelief, that the news  of 4 border posts being constructed between NI and Britain were for "sanitary and phytosanitary checks".

Ben Lowry? Absolute disgrace that RTE give that sectarian bigot any air time!!

johnnycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 09, 2020, 09:50:16 PM

At the same time it's nice for the sheltered in the 26 to hear from the cretins we've to live with every once in a while.
Did he mention that there's too many taigs going to universities these days?

When are they getting Jamie on?

screenexile

Quote from: johnnycool on December 09, 2020, 10:01:31 PM

At the same time it's nice for the sheltered in the 26 to hear from the cretins we've to live with every once in a while.

I hope nobody was wearing an O'Neills hoodie near him the poor lad would have been in fear for his life!!

Main Street

Quote from: johnnycool on December 09, 2020, 10:01:31 PM

If you want to put all hopes of a UI on the back burner for a 100 years  then get Jamie on RTE  to voice  the concerns of the displaced downtrodden loyalist prolateriat.
Are there not any happy jolly Unionists, emotionally mature and at peace with themselves?

Rossfan

No dramatic breakthrough at the Bozo/Ursula dinner.
Michel B and Frost to continue to talk till Sunday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

It's fucked, no deal 5/9 now on Oddschecker