Author Topic: Brexit.  (Read 623899 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: Brexit.
« Reply #7815 on: August 21, 2019, 02:18:43 PM »
Hope everyone was watching BBC News report this morning on Scotland & NI farmers. All voted leave. All want to come out either with or without a deal. So don't tell me they didn't overwhelming vote to leave. Chickens coming home to roost. Be a few farms up for sale....

Could you post up the facts backing this assertion up.

Watch the f**king clip. Those interviewed voted leave.
How was Leave defined in the Referendum?
Lookit

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: August 21, 2019, 03:29:35 PM »
There is a complete gap with reality.
There was a farmer from Fermanagh direction interviewed on RTÉ a week or two ago who vote Leave, but reckoned it was up to the politicians to "sort it out" so he could continue to send his milk to the south.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Keyser soze

• View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: August 21, 2019, 03:55:59 PM »
Leave was defined as leaving all the institutions of the EU inc SM, CU, ECJ, European Parliament etc and taking control of money, borders and laws. All these things will be taken back under the control of the sovereign parliament, which is of course the mother of all parliaments.

Whilst also keeping all the benefits and things they like from the Single Market and Customs Union and allowing British subjects all the benefits of freedom of movement that they previously enjoyed.

Oh and not exercising any controls over the only land border between the UK and EU, as it will work perfectly well on a nod and a wink basis, 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:19:03 PM by Keyser soze »

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: August 21, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »
There was a farmer from Fermanagh direction interviewed on RTÉ a week or two ago who vote Leave, but reckoned it was up to the politicians to "sort it out" so he could continue to send his milk to the south.

Quite. There's people arguing here that the majority of farmers didn't vote leave, despite all the evidence.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: August 21, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: August 21, 2019, 04:51:33 PM »

Quite. There's people arguing here that the majority of farmers didn't vote leave, despite all the evidence.

I really hope you’re not in the legal profession with your definition of evidence ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: August 21, 2019, 05:07:50 PM »
Evidence schmevidence. Man talks to 30 farmers a day ffs.

I know who i believe

t_mac

• View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: August 21, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »

Can you go back to your news item and show all the farmers who want out deal or no deal?

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: August 21, 2019, 06:53:06 PM »
trailer is a troll, he poisons every thread he posts on, he is a clown.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: August 21, 2019, 07:04:03 PM »

perhaps his first name is coat.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: August 21, 2019, 07:24:18 PM »

perhaps his first name is coat.

nah, its tractor

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: August 21, 2019, 09:19:20 PM »

Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: August 21, 2019, 09:32:20 PM »

Haven't seen so much of that.... you on the other hand argue that 90% did without a shred of evidence

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: August 21, 2019, 09:42:29 PM »
When Johnson says that in the event of a no deal Brexit, the UK will not implement any checks on cross border traffic, what does that mean?
Is that workable if the South does not do any checks as well in solidarity? 

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »
When Johnson says that in the event of a no deal Brexit, the UK will not implement any checks on cross border traffic, what does that mean?
Is that workable if the South does not do any checks as well in solidarity?
It's the British government trying to shift the burden of responsibility for the eventual shit hitting the fan regarding NI.

I'd expect the southern government will, with great public reluctance, start placing customs posts on the border in order to comply with EU rules on the Single Market in the event that the UK leaves the EU without any agreement with them. The consequences of the Irish government not doing so would likely be far worse, especially if it was seen to be ungrateful for the support the EU has given them so far. The Irish government never asked to be be put into this position.

This current talk from "not manning the border" by Johnson and fellow Brexit headbangers is little more than a bluff. It would be impossible for it to work without major repercussions elsewhere including immigration, trade tariffs & deals, WTO rules, "native" industry in the UK going tits up etc. And indeed Merkel has called them out on it this evening - telling Johnson & Co. to either come up with a workable solution to replace the agreed "backstop" in the WA within the next 30 days, or STFU. Expect pictures of her photoshopped into a Nazi uniform gracing the English tabloid front pages soon.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.