Author Topic: Brexit.  (Read 450242 times)

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
Re: Brexit.
« Reply #6900 on: March 13, 2019, 12:48:29 PM »
Everything rosy according to Hammond😂......strong and stable replaced by Ďsolid foundationsí
Any sign of those unicorns?😂
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:55:25 PM by Insane Bolt »

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: March 13, 2019, 01:16:24 PM »
Anyone else's insurance telling them they won't be covered if they drive to the South in the event of a no deal? I've been told I need to apply for a green card for every single trip, and that it takes a few weeks to get one through.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: March 13, 2019, 01:16:40 PM »
If May's deal is dead in the water as would appear so, it surely increases the chances of this sequence of events -
- 3rd attempt at saving her deal fails
- May resigns
- New Tory Leader
- Election
- 1 year extension to Article 50 to give the new PM time to get a 'new deal'.(would need to pre-empt some of the previous steps)

Mainly thinking this way after listening to Peter Mandelson and Andrew Neill last night, EU elections in May, there's a whole cyclical change of the top EU Jobs that will not then take place until the Autumn (Junker for a start).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:20:02 PM by bennydorano »

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: March 13, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »
Anyone else's insurance telling them they won't be covered if they drive to the South in the event of a no deal? I've been told I need to apply for a green card for every single trip, and that it takes a few weeks to get one through.
Renewed my insurance recently with Tesco, they sent us this in letter form to say we're covered in this eventuality.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: March 13, 2019, 01:19:56 PM »

Yes, need the green card if Iím leaving the mainland😜

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: March 13, 2019, 01:23:23 PM »
Renewed my insurance recently with Tesco, they sent us this in letter form to say we're covered in this eventuality.

Seems I need a new insurance company in that case.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: March 13, 2019, 01:28:12 PM »
If May's deal is dead in the water as would appear so, it surely increases the chances of this sequence of events -
- 3rd attempt at saving her deal fails
- May resigns
- New Tory Leader
- Election
- 1 year extension to Article 50 to give the new PM time to get a 'new deal'.(would need to pre-empt some of the previous steps)

Mainly thinking this way after listening to Peter Mandelson and Andrew Neill last night, EU elections in May, there's a whole cyclical change of the top EU Jobs that will not then take place until the Autumn (Junker for a start).

Carole Cadwalladr
@carolecadwalla

39m
It's a done deal. Banks & Farage have sewn up Italy. Here's
@patrickwintour
 pointing out same re Poland. Hungary's a no brainer. We will not got extension to article 50. MPs need to realise that today. It's a fantasy. And just 16 days till we crash out
Quote Tweet
Patrick Wintour
@patrickwintour
Number of Tory MPs went to see members of Polish governing party last week in Warsaw - broadly on same errand, namely to block Article 50 extension.
Sure it's only the league

Harold Disgracey

• View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: March 13, 2019, 01:32:36 PM »
You will need a green card in the event of a no deal, you wonít need to reapply for every trip, it should cover you for your insurance period.

TheOptimist

• Stay til the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: March 13, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »

Applied for one with my insurance company to cover all trips on Saturday. It arrived yesterday

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: March 13, 2019, 01:50:57 PM »

Applied for one with my insurance company to cover all trips on Saturday. It arrived yesterday

Axa NI Have advised the following . . .

Donít panic, your Green Card is on its way.
In the event of a ĎNo Dealí Brexit, all direct car and van customers will automatically receive a Green Card by post, free of charge. You do not have to do anything to get a Green Card.

scout

• View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: March 13, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
Funny, I'm AXA & have heard nothing?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: March 13, 2019, 02:27:56 PM »

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: March 13, 2019, 02:28:55 PM »
I'm on the south and got a green card in the post this morning from Liberty insurance, I hadn't even looked into it..

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: March 13, 2019, 02:50:42 PM »
I'm on the south and got a green card in the post this morning from Liberty insurance, I hadn't even looked into it..

some companies are sending cards to people in border counties first.

In any case, a green card will not be needed on the island
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/driving-cross-border-and-green-card
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 03:15:05 PM by armaghniac »
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: March 13, 2019, 02:53:26 PM »

some companies are sending cards to people in border counties first.

With Hughes Ins and they said the will send them once it's confirmed they are defo needed. Rang Post Office and they were a bit wha? When you going to France. Had to explain Brexit, Ireland, Border, these cows small, those cows far away.