Author Topic: Brexit.  (Read 374558 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: Brexit.
« Reply #4845 on: November 09, 2018, 07:14:33 PM »
The DUP can thweam and thweam all they want Cos the Tories can get labour votes.
It would be good for everyone if the UUP replaced the fruitcakes .
Those biscuits are for the visitors

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: November 09, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »
I see the look of terror on their faces has started and also trying to say its the Conservative back benchers who aren't happy not just us...... Pause then smile like everything's under Control  ;D

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #4847 on: November 09, 2018, 08:08:25 PM »
The predicted shafting has begun. They will have a full scale melt down in the next fortnight. Enjoyable.
Serves the ignorant hatefilled bigoted cnuts right.
A great chance to make the 6 Cos have an economy again and they totally opposed it.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: November 09, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »
The DUP can thweam and thweam all they want Cos the Tories can get labour votes.

I don't know if Labour will save them.  Boris's brother resigned today and called for a referendum.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pbat

• View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: November 09, 2018, 08:21:10 PM »
If they do get shafted I would have the black taxis driving around Belfast with the flags out the windows like the time the ceasefire was announced to really rub it up the C**ts.

majestic

• View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: November 09, 2018, 10:29:56 PM »
Anyone out there offer any advise of buying a house in Belfast at the minute? Differing opinions - I'd like to wait and see how this plays out, she does not!!

How do people see prices moving over the next 6/12 months?

God14

• it aint over til its over
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: November 09, 2018, 10:39:11 PM »
Russian roulette really, no one has any idea how this will pan out. But personally I'd keep my hands in my pocket.
A no deal Brexit is still a real live potential outcome, and property prices will certainly fall in that event.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: November 09, 2018, 10:47:38 PM »
Russian roulette really, no one has any idea how this will pan out. But personally I'd keep my hands in my pocket.
A no deal Brexit is still a real live potential outcome, and property prices will certainly fall in that event.

Property prices may fall, but interest rates would likely rise.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: November 09, 2018, 11:08:38 PM »

I don't know if Labour will save them.  Boris's brother resigned today and called for a referendum.

For the last year and a half the Brexit heads have been insisting it is the deal or no deal. No other choice.
Labour are not going to let no deal happen so no deal is dead.
Maybe there will be a referendum. Brexit was always stupid and it is even worse now with the US retreating into protectionism.

God14

• it aint over til its over
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: November 09, 2018, 11:12:38 PM »
Dye think? By my logic the committee will look at QE again and maintaining low interest rates to offset the economic hit.
Stating the obvious but the reason an independent committee commenced setting the rate was to avoid govt politising it in election year. Free from political /govt interference. Some analysts reckon UK GDP will get an 8 per cent hit. I can't see how the mood in the committee will be to increase rates which dampen investment and spending

Ever more reason to wait another 6-8 months I think

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: November 09, 2018, 11:24:00 PM »
Dye think? By my logic the committee will look at QE again and maintaining low interest rates to offset the economic hit.
Stating the obvious but the reason an independent committee commenced setting the rate was to avoid govt politising it in election year. Free from political /govt interference. Some analysts reckon UK GDP will get an 8 per cent hit. I can't see how the mood in the committee will be to increase rates which dampen investment and spending

Ever more reason to wait another 6-8 months I think
there is too much debt to raise rates now

Ronnie

• View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: November 09, 2018, 11:27:37 PM »
Id devalue. Anyone on here remember UK asking IMF for loan?

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: November 09, 2018, 11:28:29 PM »
Behind the scenes, and this is all hypothetical, do you think SF are possibly talking to Corbyn, to push that a referendum doesn't take place? At the minute SF are playing a blinder by doing absolutely nothing with regards to Brexit. I can't see the referendum happening but its just a thought.  If Brexit goes through as planned, its a given for Corbyn that Labour wins the GE as it'll be a disaster.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: November 10, 2018, 05:29:34 AM »
Behind the scenes, and this is all hypothetical, do you think SF are possibly talking to Corbyn, to push that a referendum doesn't take place? At the minute SF are playing a blinder by doing absolutely nothing with regards to Brexit. I can't see the referendum happening but its just a thought.  If Brexit goes through as planned, its a given for Corbyn that Labour wins the GE as it'll be a disaster.
Barnier told Corbyn that if Labour won a GE the deal could be changed. That is how sovereignty works.
I bet the end result is a schism in the Tory party.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: November 10, 2018, 07:20:49 AM »

It's certainly no given.....have you seen the Labour front bench? Dianne Abbott? .....ffs Russ Abbott would be better. Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate......many can be swayed by a slogan/lie on the side of a bus.