Author Topic: Brexit.  (Read 374602 times)

tiempo

• View Profile
Re: Brexit.
« Reply #4785 on: October 25, 2018, 03:11:10 PM »
I think Johnson has well and truly been seen through now by all. A beaten docket in terms of whats important to him, which is nothing other than his own personal success

Never overestimate the English electorate, delicately poised as ever and this dog could have its day, dangerous b**tard all round, complete egomaniac nut job war criminal in waiting.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: October 25, 2018, 03:26:02 PM »
I think Johnson has well and truly been seen through now by all. A beaten docket in terms of whats important to him, which is nothing other than his own personal success
the Brexit heads don't seem to have any arguments left and are more like dogs in the manger of Westminster due to the numbers
Those biscuits are for the visitors

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: October 25, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »

Never overestimate the English electorate, delicately poised as ever and this dog could have its day, dangerous b**tard all round, complete egomaniac nut job war criminal in waiting.

The electorate don't choose the leader of the tories

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: October 25, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »
According to twitter there was a very bumpy cabinet meeting this evening with a significant verification event for May's plans on Thursday now cancelled. Sources saying there'll be no further discussions until after Monday's budget.

The more I hear of these crises the more weight I'm putting on it being a charade that May etc are putting on and sometime after the budget they'll fall back and accept the NI backstop (border of some description in Irish sea). They'll push the budget through and drop the DUP.

Crazy info leaking out that they've already run out of time to implement large swathes of No Deal preparations reinforces the notion that there is a deal already agreed in the background and what we are seeing now are the theatrics leading up to the final act.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: October 26, 2018, 06:17:20 AM »
Argentina will exploit a no-deal Brexit to 'enhance' its claims to Falklands, says its foreign minister

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10/25/argentina-will-exploit-no-deal-brexit-enhance-falklands-claims/

https://youtu.be/-ccNkksrfls

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: October 27, 2018, 12:15:49 PM »

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: October 29, 2018, 08:48:37 AM »
A level economics. Explain how the DUP position on Brexit supports the NI economy .

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/80-jobs-facing-axe-at-antrim-windows-and-doors-manufacturer-37463226.html
Their argument regarding more trade with the rest of the UK is skewed according to Bertie. He says that more jobs are supported by cross border trade and that NI UK trade is skewed by a few large value transactions.

naka

• View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: October 29, 2018, 11:11:59 AM »
A level economics. Explain how the DUP position on Brexit supports the NI economy .

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/80-jobs-facing-axe-at-antrim-windows-and-doors-manufacturer-37463226.html
Their argument regarding more trade with the rest of the UK is skewed according to Bertie. He says that more jobs are supported by cross border trade and that NI UK trade is skewed by a few large value transactions.
chairman of the cbi actually said the same when they did a survey, north south more important for volume rather than value.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: October 31, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »

Sweeper 123

• View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: November 01, 2018, 01:04:42 PM »

Harold Disgracey

• View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: November 01, 2018, 08:07:28 PM »
And their other mate Farage is now  ‘actively being investigated by the FBI’

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: November 01, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »

How can the FBI be investigating someone in the UK? Or has he dealings in the US?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: November 01, 2018, 10:12:33 PM »

You sure about that?? Can’t find any sources for it.

He was a person of interest with regard to Trump and Russia collusion but never investigated as far as I can see.

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: November 01, 2018, 11:48:58 PM »
Back around April 2016 (a couple of months before the referendum) I received by post an unsolicited letter which when opened was addressed to me from Leave dot EU asking me to support "leave". The envelope had no markings of it being campaign literature , and the return address on the back was an unassuming one based in Bristol which with a little web searching turned out to be a location for said organisation's communication arm.

Here's the thing. I'm a tight arse about allowing myself to joining mailing lists where you end up getting junk mail, spam, unwanted phone calls etc. and by that time it was already nearly a year after I'd signed up to the separate Telephone and Mail Preference Services. The TPS block has been partially successful (I still get unsolicited calls on odd occasions to my mobile, about one a month - I usually ignore them but I decided to answer the last one a couple of weeks ago from a Manchester based number with a woman claiming that I'd recently been in a car accident (Spoiler: I haven't) and strung her along for a couple of minutes before ending the call with a strong bit of abuse that was well called for IMO) but the MPS along with opting out of Royal Mail's "Door to Door" service that means they won't deliver any unaddressed post to me has been very effective. A company I get catalogues from even contacted me to see that I wanted to continue getting them after they found my address on the MPS list. Other people have had various levels of success with these "opt-out" lists, but I've been happy enough.

Also, I've opted out of having my details being available on the "open" electoral register. They're still there on the "full" register but there are strong restrictions on who has access to the full register while near enough any two bob Harry can purchase the open register.

So I was left wondering how did these w**kers get a hold of my name and address? They were not the "official" leave campaign group (which was "Vote Leave" whom likely would have had legal access to the full register for the referendum), I only receiving mailings from one business that I've opted into, I've always checked myself into opting out of receiving third-party material (the days before GDPR) etc. etc. In a fit of stupidity I ripped up the letter and threw it in the fire (though not the envelope) because afterwards I was pretty certain that they could have only got my details via illegitimate means that broke data protection laws. I also realised that a cousin of mine who was living in Manchester at the time and is as anally retentive about these things as I am got the same letter addressed to her a few days prior - she tried contacting Leave dot EU as to how they got hold of her name & address but they refused to answer. Had I not burned the letter I probably would have ended up contacting the police.

So with the above as well as the same group being fined weeks later for sending unsolicited SMS spam, I reckon that Banks & associates had not been conducting their campaign 100% kosher. The question is, just how far did they go?
Putting internet gobsh*tes in their place since 1999.